SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Well as its been said before, SF had the luxury of having the 50th anniversary hype plus the Olympic exposure. SP will win its opening weekend no doubt, but then it has to fight off Hunger Games (which being the final one, will have some hype to it), then outside of some big(ish) films (Creed, Trumbo) the only one before Star Wars it has to worry about is The Good Dinosaur.

So while I don't believe it'll gross as much as SF, I believe it'll be by far the 2nd highest grossing Bond of all time. And 1billion is still not out of the question by any means. It'll just be a little tougher this time around.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Not to nitpick, @bondbat007, but I don't see 'Trumbo' having even close to a big(ish) release.
    I'm not sure why who was on previous posters matters whatsoever.
    People know Christoph Waltz. People who don't keep up with Bond news and maybe haven't seen a trailer and might not have known he was in it might go see the film because they're Waltz fans, if they see him on a poster in the theatre. He has a lot of draw.

Maybe they want to keep Waltz's appearance somewhat mysterious. Sure, we see him in the trailer, but he is mainly in the shadow, wearing dark clothes, etc. In a way, he is a shadow.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I think you're probably right @Ludovico.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 161
    Starburst Magazine October issue and collector's edition covers:

yY9kSdN.jpg
    1RvnleF.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Those are some great looking covers.
    WTF Someone knows something about this?
    Looks more like a Halloween thing :D
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I am so far disappointed with the marketing effort. Were just over a month from release and no one is aware that a new bond even exists.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I am so far disappointed with the marketing effort. Were just over a month from release and no one is aware that a new bond even exists.
    There's a lot wrong with this statement.
  • RC7RC7

Hyperbole much? I'm not particularly keen on the actual promotional images, but to suggest no one is aware that SP is coming out...
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    RC7 wrote: »

Hyperbole much? I'm not particularly keen on the actual promotional images, but to suggest no one is aware that SP is coming out...

OK, what I should have said was, 'no one outside of a close knit community of dedicated online megafans know that it exists.' But TBH EON should look to cast their net a little farther adrift if they're after those repeating viewing monies from the public at large.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

OK, what I should have said was, 'no one outside of a close knit community of dedicated online megafans know that it exists.' But TBH EON should look to cast their net a little farther adrift if they're after those repeating viewing monies from the public at large.

I think according to either a Variety or maybe EW poll SP is the second most anticipated film of the fall behind HG.

I'm actually impressed with the marketing campaign although my first impression of both the teaser and first poster was eh...

TV spots in the US have been shown right at target audience ...

I really don't agree ...I think they are doing fine.

• edited September 2015 Posts: 1,068
    A totally loose survey among those I know in daily contact (friends/family/work colleagues) does show there's an awareness there's a Bond coming even with those with no interest but the exact date has passed them all by which is fine, that's what the coming weeks are going to sharpen and remind prospective viewers.

That said, I would say the prebooked seats for the first evening showing on the 26th with the large screen at my local Vue isn't that extensive so far mind.
    What is more interesting is I've found the longer teaser has actually put off those I've spoken to who loved the first edgy teaser and aren't Bond fans. In fact, a comment from my sister when I asked if she wanted to go to the fist showing was "no thanks, it's looking much more just like a generic back to the old way of Bond doing things and nothing new or interesting and not worth seeing - maybe I'll catch it on DVD!!!!"
  • RC7RC7

OK, what I should have said was, 'no one outside of a close knit community of dedicated online megafans know that it exists.'

This is just nonsense.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 9,771

There is a bond film coming out this fall I had no idea for you see I have been living on Mars in a cave with fingers in my ears my eyes shut and saying la la la for 12 months

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Hang on, a new Bond movie coming out this year? Is that why there are so many threads about SPECTRE, does it mean EON bought the rights back and we're going to see Blofeld in this new movie? Also, what is this new movie called? (fingers crossed for Risico)
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    I'm rather hoping for Nabisco
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Here's 'the' generic title we've been waiting for, Death Lives Forever. Let's make a bet.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    nukethefridge Louis Love interviewing Batista for 007 #Spectre 30min

11176018_1643701725886826_1985062611_n.jpg

http://websta.me/p/1077581772983891935_261982300
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    birdroadliquors Stop by BRL and pick up a collector's edition @belvederevodka James Bond shaker! #belvedere #vodka #jamesbond #007 #spectre #007spectre #martini #shakennotstirred 2h

11939550_530905293731732_1257000647_n.jpg

http://websta.me/p/1077548001012680863_357464801
  • I'm leaving the UK, just about to take off to take a job in Singapore. Fantastic drink like Bond promotional lounge and video wall! Everyone loving the intenso version with ginger ale...yum!

https://mobile.twitter.com/filmeditgo/status/645310968122220544/photo/1
    edited September 2015 Posts: 560
    Jewelry designers

stellaandbow Beyond excited to be in the new @sony ads for Bond 24, aka Spectre, on the beautiful Miss Money Penny aka @naomieharris styled by @nolasinger

11371036_751207405025188_480306935_n.jpg

http://websta.me/p/1077661745694181473_25837113
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    It would make sense to release the final trailer some time soon because there are some big films coming out soon:
    1) Everest (September 25th)
    2) Hotel Transylvania 2 (September 25th)
    3) The Intern (September 25th)
    4) The Walk (October 9th)
    and a film that is really beginning to be talked about a lot:
    5) The Martian (October 2nd)

It would be great like this:
    Empire Magazine on Thursday and Theme song and final trailer release on Friday! That would be great!
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    Not much seen seen from Daniel Craig to promote Spectre. Where are the interviews with him at Pinewood? The talk shows? I haven't heared a single interview from him talking about Spectre so far. We have the movie stills on covers and the Omega add. But that's it. Feels like something has changed behind the scenes compared to his other outings as James Bond. As if he's out of the franchise. Hope I'm wrong with this.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Tuxedo wrote: »
    Not much seen seen from Daniel Craig to promote Spectre. Where are the interviews with him at Pinewood? The talk shows? I haven't heared a single interview from him talking about Spectre so far. We have the movie stills on covers and the Omega add. But that's it. Feels like something has changed behind the scenes compared to his other outings as James Bond. As if he's out of the franchise. Hope I'm wrong with this.
    Next month.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    jake24 wrote: »
    Next month.

Yea its still early.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    Next month.

Yea its still early.

Yeah, the EPK will be sometime next month or so, same for the TV interviews. But we've got Empire on Thursday so.... :D
    bilingirl_chika 今日から一週間ロンドン!12/4公開の『007 スペクター』のPRのお仕事でジェームズ・ボンドのライフスタイルを体験するプレスツアーに参加してきます!16ヶ国からのメディアの方が集まるのですが、YouTuberは私だけw ちょっとawayになりそうだけど、恥ずかしがらず堂々といつものセルフィースタイルで撮ってきます!動画はちょっと先になりますが、インスタやsnapchatはどんどんアップするのでチェックしてね☆ chika_snap #ちか旅 #UK #London #007 #SPECTRE #JamesBond #行ってきます @sonypicturesjp

Going to London for a week to experience the James Bond lifestyle in a press tour for the new 007 movie coming out on 12/4! There'll be writers and bloggers from 16 countries, but I'll be the only vlogger. Will probably feel a bit awkward being the only one filming selfie style, but I'll be strong knowing I get to share my amazing experience with you guys! lol Be sure to check out my snaps too! chika_snap 28min

11375125_168278333510342_596110342_n.jpg

http://websta.me/p/1077846136271876382_295315203