SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• RC7RC7
    TripAces wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    It's like 1 hour that Craig is filming the same 10 step walk inside the columnade

That's film making. It's a marathon.

Good thing David Fincher isn't directing it. He'd be doing that walk for three hours.

Ha ha, and Kubrick three days.
  • Some photos I made
    DSC03760.JPG
    DSC03750.JPG
    DSC03779.JPG

Thanks for posting the pictures that you took. Did you go to Rome especially for the SP shoot or is it just good luck that you happen to be there at the same time. If I had known they were shooting SP in Rome I would have delayed my trip to Rome from last year to this week! :-) Have you seen if there are any scenes being filmed where dialogue takes place ?

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2015 Posts: 23,883
    These photos bring back memories of the ones that were released of Bond outside the Museum before he meets Q in SF.

That feels like yesterday. How time flies!
  • @marketto007

Thanks for posting the video. Is that atmospheric film smoke we can see blowing past. That should add to the visuals of this sequence.
    edited February 2015 Posts: 3,277
    According to the Italian Club and some other sources, Alessandro Cremona has been cast as a character named Marco Sciarra. So we can assume Lucia Sciarra is Marco's wife/widow. Right?

Having said that and searching on Google Images. I've found this image of Cremona.

20110203180222-2011-96767-NDP.jpg

And in this photos from yesterday and today in Rome, I can't stop thinking this could be the same guy. What do you think?

TUEcPbE.jpg

iPYIbvt.png
    By the way, great too see Michael G. Wilson is back in action. :)

DFf3l6S.jpg
    edited February 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Agreed. Maybe we'll get a trademark Hitch style cameo from him after all.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    Some photos I made
    DSC03760.JPG
    DSC03750.JPG
    DSC03779.JPG

Thanks for posting the pictures that you took. Did you go to Rome especially for the SP shoot or is it just good luck that you happen to be there at the same time. If I had known they were shooting SP in Rome I would have delayed my trip to Rome from last year to this week! :-) Have you seen if there are any scenes being filmed where dialogue takes place ?
    I live here in Rome. Yes we've seen a dialogue between Bond and Bellucci, while they were filming. We were very far from the action
    Some minor spoilers creeping in here with reference to the films characters......
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    I don't think that could be Cremona. What is he doing there if he is not filming?

And, about Wilson, if that's him (I hope so), he's not dressed for a funeral, is he? ;)
  • I think he might just be member of the crew. He's definitely not Cremona.
    Yes, I think he's there as a crew member too. A new video from SKY Italia.

http://video.sky.it/news/spettacolo/007_craig_e_bellucci_nel_primo_ciak_romano_di_spectre/v232197.vid
    I think it's advisable that he shave, no matter who he is.
    Murdock wrote: »
    GF, I count 3. The PTS girl, Shirley Eaton and then Pussy. Tilly he never slept with.

DINK!?! ;)
    Ahh. But that was a girl never seen....
    Bellucci and Mendes on set.

spectresetphotos0006.jpg
    Thanks all. Great stuff. Looks like a real classy scene and I do believe, that the location change mmight be for the better.
    Very nice to see MGW on set. Was getting worried about him. Hope he is up to his cameo.
    Here some more photos from today, sorry for the quality but I'm not a photographer and we were quite far:
    DSC03650.JPG
    DSC03663.JPG
    DSC03674.JPG
    DSC03689.JPG
    DSC03732.JPGDSC03734.JPG
    DSC03750.JPG
    DSC03760.JPG
    DSC03779.JPG
    As has been said, the alignment of the tomb is slightly off...

DSC03674.JPG

The open tomb with the casket seems to be in the middle, whilst the markers above and on the walls to the side seem to divide off-centre.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 11,119
    By the way, great too see Michael G. Wilson is back in action. :)

DFf3l6S.jpg

Man, I was worried about him. I'm really glad our übergeeky good old man is back ;-). Love Michael. He kinda looks like our average dad I guess hehe. I always like his commentaries on the Bond films. Especially how totally excited he was about Javier Bardem in the bluray commentary. Glad to have you back "Mikey" ;-)!
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 11,119
    I would like to say one important, very important thing about the production so far, as someone felt the design of the columbarium (the wall where the coffins will be placed) were a bit lack-lustre compared to the original Verano Cemetery.

I disagree, you can't copy paste that look to that modernist interpretation of the Museo di Civilta Romana arch. It would look rather....weird IMO. The longer I look at it, it must have taken frikkin' lot of work to make this look like a modernist, southern-european cemetery and to make it blend in with the arch.

Just look at the texture and the choice of stone used for the columbarium. It blends in perfectly with the real, original ornaments and the actual arch.

My conclusion: Plan B, the back-up plan for if EON wouldn't get the green light for filming at Verano Cemetery, was already in the works for quite some time. Here you can see how perfectly oiled the Bond production machine actually works. And you can only get that after, let's say, 53 years of production experience and expertise. I guess.....;-).

PS: I'd love to be in that coffin right now. Just for a few mins hehe :-P.
    Oh, and they told us the first unit is going to stay in Rome until the end of February, to fly to Mexico at the beginning of March
    With these amazing locations, great costumes, an excellent production designer and a world-class cinematographer, this will be one of the best looking Bond films yet.
  • I would like to say one important, very important thing about the production so far, as someone felt the design of the columbarium (the wall where the coffins will be placed) were a bit lack-lustre compared to the original Verano Cemetery.

I disagree, you can't copy paste that look to that modernist interpretation of the Museo di Civilta Romana arch. It would look rather....weird IMO. The longer I look at it, it must have taken frikkin' lot of work to make this look like a modernist, southern-european cemetery and to make it blend in with the arch.

Just look at the texture and the choice of stone used for the columbarium. It blends in perfectly with the real, original ornaments and the actual arch.

My conclusion: Plan B, the back-up plan for if EON wouldn't get the green light for filming at Verano Cemetery, was already in the works for quite some time. Here you can see how perfectly oiled the Bond production machine actually works. And you can only get that after, let's say, 53 years of production experience and expertise. I guess.....;-).

PS: I'd love to be in that coffin right now. Just for a few mins hehe :-P.
    this might be a top 5 Bond film for me and I don't say that too often.

Also when Mendes was announced I said I wasn't super excited about it and how I didn't like Skyfall that much (though my opinion of that film has grown) someone here and I forgot who said "Mendes rarely makes the same kind of film so what you might view as mistakes or issues in Skyfall he won't repeat in Spectre" well based on all these images whoever you are your right this looks amazing.
    Here some more photos from today, sorry for the quality but I'm not a photographer and we were quite far:

DSC03689.JPG

Grazie for the photos. Great to see the DB10 is on set too.

Craig looks much better dressed today.
    New photo from the DB10 on set.

GlC8Wrf.jpg