SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Thanks aaron. Rome is good to us.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    @SkyfallCraig

Thanks for the info. Great photos. What lense have you been using as you say that you are quite far from the action but you have some good pics. So I guess with you living in Rome you will be there for all the action?

Thanks to everyone for posting pics and links to video footage. I think visually SF is an amazing film but I feel that Mendes and his crew are going to top it in all areas.

No, sadly I'm back to work today.
    I'll try to catch some more action when they will shoot on Ponte Sisto, that is closer to where I live.
  • @SkyfallCraig

Thanks for the info. Great photos. What lense have you been using as you say that you are quite far from the action but you have some good pics. So I guess with you living in Rome you will be there for all the action?

Thanks to everyone for posting pics and links to video footage. I think visually SF is an amazing film but I feel that Mendes and his crew are going to top it in all areas.

No, sadly I'm back to work today.
    I'll try to catch some more action when they will shoot on Ponte Sisto, that is closer to where I live.

Its terrible when things get in the way such as work when Bond is in town filming :-)
    Hope you manage to get some more great pictures when you have the time. Thanks for the reports from the set.

Thanks Aaron. Paparazzi will probably be more active in Italy than in Austria.

Three other pics: Waltz seems "ready" and on the last one, I suppose it might be MGW.

[img][/img]181846monicaroma.jpg

[img][/img]773023christophroma.jpg

[img][/img]819439MGWroma.jpg
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 11,119
    Lio007 wrote: »
    Thanks Aaron. Paparazzi will probably be more active in Italy than in Austria.

Three other pics: Waltz seems "ready" and on the last one, I suppose it might be MGW.

[img][/img]819439MGWroma.jpg

It's "Mikey"! Good to see the "pater familias", the godfather, of the Bond franchise on this picture :-)!!
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 1,021
    Hope they all ate well. Is in 3,292 place of places to eat in Rome on Trip Advisor!
  • RC7RC7
    What on earth is Dan wearing in that picture above?
    Except for the shoes (and the hat, I hate that type of hat) I like his style
    RC7 wrote: »
    looks like a smart casual outfit perfect for Italy. I've seen many better off Italians wearing similar when I've visited.

You know what they say, "When in Rome"...
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    I thought Craig demonstrates why pants without front pockets (a la Roger) may be a good idea. I'm considering doing so for my next suit. The jacket looks very small, but it may be because he's wearing a cardigan underneath.
  • RC7RC7
    JCRendle wrote: »
    looks like a smart casual outfit perfect for Italy. I've seen many better off Italians wearing similar when I've visited.

You know what they say, "When in Rome"...

Personally I think he looks terrible. The cap doesn't suit him at all.
    edited February 2015 Posts: 630
    My father just told me there are cinema truck and a lot of security on Lungo Tevere, with security that doesn't allow to look down to the river.
    it's probable they are going to start shooting the car chase today
    EDIT:
    It's confirmed, they are going to shoot today there
  • At first my OCD was kicking in too about the casket being off center from the rest of the placards but the more I thought about it I came up with this theory. The production crew designed this to painfully great detail. Matching the color and texture to the columns for example, would they really make such an obvious blooper by being so off center? No, I think it was done deliberately to show the space of Sciarra's tomb to show his importance and prominence.
  • Btw,Monica looks like the most beautiful woman in the world in these restaurant pics!!
    JazzyBond wrote: »
    At first my OCD was kicking in too about the casket being off center from the rest of the placards but the more I thought about it I came up with this theory. The production crew designed this to painfully great detail. Matching the color and texture to the columns for example, would they really make such an obvious blooper by being so off center? No, I think it was done deliberately to show the space of Sciarra's tomb to show his importance and prominence.
    Yes, it was. If you look at the pictures taken the day before the shooting, the placard was in place, and was way bigger than the others. It's a precise choice to give "visual importance" to the dead
    Or maybe they're hiding something in that large tomb?
  • Hope we get to see some filming pictures today. Looking forward to seeing more of the DB10 in action.
  • What I am looking forward is to more ideas as being written in this topic: http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/10500/spectre-what-will-the-villain-s-scheme-of-this-bond-film-be-what-s-the-terrible-truth#latest .

I can STILL not figure out exactly what the villain's scheme will be. "Terrible" actually means terrible, so there must be something or someone in grave danger. Perhaps the entire planet is in danger??
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Now that I'm at home, after a very long day with Le Cercle club, I would like to write some thoughts about what I've seen.
    First of all, the organization: I've seen some production before this one, both italian and American, and I've never seen something like this. There were hundreds of people involved, from the security to the extras, both italian and english, and all worked perfectly.
    Second: They are perfectionists: Four hours to shoot a scene that probably will last no more than 2-3 minutes, Craig reshooting the same 10 steps walk for 20 times, talking every time to Mendes to have ideas about how to do it. It's amazing.
    Third: I really loved the atmosphere. It's amazing to be a Bond fan, and it's amazing to see your hero in the creation process. You feel you are part of something amazing, even if you are 200 yards from the action and you will not be part of the movie.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us @SkyfallCraig, it must be amazing to witness.

Good to see MGW looking good in those photos. I may be in the minority but I think Craig is one of the few men that look sexy in a cloth cap.
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    Seeing him in his funeral suit only makes be wish we would get Craig in his Navies at some point, but I think Spectre will yet again lack any Commander Bond.

Is it that important though? How often does he wear a Navy uniform in DN, FRWL, GF, TB? Is YOLT so much better because he wears one at his own funeral?

It's not important, and there haven't been many times it could have been fit into Craig's films, but it's something I'd like to see, and something we haven't seen in a long time.

Perhaps when Bond first met Mallory and M. together, he could have been in his Naval uniform in Skyfall. They could have had Silva joke about Bond being all dressed up for him after Silva is taken back to MI6, that way Bond is in his Navies when he saves M. at the hearing. But that would have felt slightly forced.

Perhaps the best time for them to have done it was at the end of Skyfall. I'm not saying its important, but again, it's been awhile.

I think you answered your own suggestion. Nothing would have justified Bond in Navy uniform in the last three movies.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I just realized, the navy uniform thing seems to come up in the high octane, big budget Bond films. Where there's a lot at stake, like the world.

TND, TSWLM, YOLT.

Craig hasn't had to save the world.......yet. He may not get that chance, but that will be the time we see him in it I think, if EON stays true to form.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    edited February 2015 Posts: 432

I think he's trying to keep a low profile. You, know with the hat.

• RC7RC7
    Pajan005 wrote: »

I think he's trying to keep a low profile. You, know with the hat.

Ha ha.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I just realized, the navy uniform thing seems to come up in the high octane, big budget Bond films. Where there's a lot at stake, like the world.

TND, TSWLM, YOLT.

Craig hasn't had to save the world.......yet. He may not get that chance, but that will be the time we see him in it I think, if EON stays true to form.

He didn't wear one in GF, TB, OHMSS, DAF and the world could have dramatically changed had he failed his mission.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2015 Posts: 23,883

TND, TSWLM, YOLT.

He didn't wear one in GF, TB, OHMSS, DAF and the world could have dramatically changed had he failed his mission.

True enough. It certainly does not appear to be a be a necessary piece of clothing for world saving duties ..
  • RC7RC7
    I'm not sure how good Craig would look in his naval uniform. He certainly wouldn't look this good.

tommorrow-n-d-rn-commander-225x300.jpg

So, I'm not sure I'm all that fussed about seeing him in it.

TND, TSWLM, YOLT.

True enough. It certainly does not appear to be a be a necessary piece of clothing for world saving duties ..

And let's not forget that Bond is a civil servant, not a soldier.
  • Mi6LisbonBranchMi6LisbonBranch Lisbon, Portugal
    They (EON) could present us (fans!) with a first teaser trailer soon!!
    They shot already enough scenes to make a great teaser trailer.
    And we loyal fans deserve it!!
    Mi6 Community could start lobbying, no!!?
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    I cant imagine lobbying would make a difference there.
    I'm not sure how good Craig would look in his naval uniform. He certainly wouldn't look this good.

tommorrow-n-d-rn-commander-225x300.jpg

So, I'm not sure I'm all that fussed about seeing him in it.

tumblr_nk2r8cMda81rv0z1no1_400.jpg

I think he could pull it off...