SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Hey woah pierce I have kept quiet even though I know everything they know.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2015 Posts: 23,883
    My view:

Deal with the situation at hand and only the situation at hand.

It is quite simple. Stop people sharing the scripts. The recent updated policy has clearly given warning. I agree with this.

Discipline and warn people who leak the information onto other threads (1st time with a private warning, the 2nd time with a public warning and beration, and 3rd time with a ban).

However, do not stop people discussing it on the designated threads & do not lock the the leaks thread. This is not Nazi Germany or Russia or China. Free speech should be allowed, but not file dissemination or spoiling other's enjoyment elsewhere. Any other approach will just cause spillover into the other threads anyway and will be pointless. Prohibition did not work and neither would any draconian approach to curtail free speech.

Just my two cents.

Just flag it and move on. Why are you clicking on spoiler tags if you do not wish to be SPOILED. Ignore it. It will be dealt with shortly.

Moving on, it's exciting to see filming start back. Looking forward to many impressive photos, as that's likely all we'll be getting for some time.
    Lake Altaussee is now flagged a "no fly zone" on the 5th and 6th of January, meaning shooting is on schedule:
    http://www.kleinezeitung.at/s/steiermark/ennstal/landleute/4629806/BondDreh_Ueber-dem-See-herrscht-Flugverbot
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Harmful content deleted. No merging, reposting, splitting... just deleting!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Leaked content deleted.
    Lets hope from Monday on, we will have something to talk about here as well.
    Filming in Austria next week? I am getting very excited, as if I was there.
    Do people forget that filming goes on continuously? It's hard work being in such a business. After the on-location shooting in London, cast and crew most definitely moved to the Pinewood Studios.....until this weekend. And most definitely we won't see pictures from the Pinewood shoots :-).
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited January 2015 Posts: 10,588
    A cool fan-made SPECTRE gunbarrel I found on YouTube from Riccardo Balsamo...

If the actual gunbarrel doesn't turn out like something like this, EON better find a lawyer. :))
    I'm quite convinced that for "SPECTRE" they want all cinema audiences to be scared to death by opening the Bond film with an extra loud gunbarrel sequence like the one you posted.

Most, younger, fans by now must have forgotten about the old days when the film opened with a gunbarrel sequence. Especially the new audiences who went to see "Skyfall" but didn't see other Bond film.

They will obviously think "WTF was thatt :-o!" :-P

It's also logical to bring the gunbarrel back. Bond and the MI6-crew have now been rebooted and reintroduced properly. Basically in "SPECTRE" it will seem that 007 will go on a "plain solid Bond mission", hence the gunbarrel. But we all know it's not going to be an ordinary mission later on.....because SPECTRE is back hehe.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited January 2015 Posts: 10,588
    I'm quite convinced that for "SPECTRE" they want all cinema audiences to be scared to death by opening the Bond film with an extra loud gunbarrel sequence like the one you posted.

Most, younger, fans by now must have forgotten about the old days when the film opened with a gunbarrel sequence. Especially the new audiences who went to see "Skyfall" but didn't see other Bond film.

They will obviously think "WTF was thatt :-o!" :-P

It's also logical to bring the gunbarrel back. Bond and the MI6-crew have now been rebooted and reintroduced properly. Basically in "SPECTRE" it will seem that 007 will go on a "plain solid Bond mission", hence the gunbarrel. But we all know it's not going to be an ordinary mission later on.....because SPECTRE is back hehe.
    I'm a relatively young Bond fan but I've grown up watching all the Bond films, old and new, and I still miss the gunbarrel at the start of the film, where it belongs. I remember seeing Skyfall opening weekend and how virtually everyone in the theater clapped when they saw the DB5, and during the 50th anniversary logo at the end. Just that, made the experience even more enjoyable. I can guarantee that putting the gunbarrel back at the start again will have the same great effect on audiences as it did during the DB5's entrance in Skyfall, or the 50th anniversary logo, even for fans who weren't use to the gunbarrel at the start. For them, just as long as it's there is all that matters.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Lock the Sony Leaks thread and ban any conversation I say,

The day they do that will be the day dozens of people will start talking about the leaks here and in every other Spectre related thread. The moderators locking the Leaks thread would be just them burying their head in the sand.
    No it's not. It's us being respectful to Eon.

And remember you have the Leaks thread because the owners of the site are allowing you to have it.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    edited January 2015 Posts: 560
    Security has been there days ago;they sealed off the site and 300 member crew is scheduled to show up for shooting next week

Vorbereitungen für "James Bond"-Dreh in Altaussee

vorbereitungen-fuer-james-bond-dreh-in-altaussee-41-56147748.jpg
    Der „James Bond“-Cast: Naomi Harris, Lea Seydoux, Daniel Graig, Monica Bellucci und Christoph Waltz.

Bald ist es soweit: In Altaussee im obersteirischen Salzkammergut soll am 5. und 6. Jänner für den neuen James Bond-Film "Spectre" gedreht werden.

Die Vorbereitungen dafür laufen bereits, am Freitag soll am Fuße des Losers noch eine Lawine weggesprengt werden, damit es bei den Aufnahmen keine Unterbrechungen gibt. Für drei Tage herrscht außerdem Flugverbot über dem See. Seitens der steirischen Filmförderungsstelle Cinestyria hieß es am Montag, dass nun tatsächlich kommenden Montag und Dienstag in Altaussee gedreht wird. An die 300 Crew-Mitglieder sollen vor Ort sein und schon davor wird tonnenweise Equipment mit Lastwägen herangeschafft. Etwa die Hälfte der rund acht Kilometer langen Seepromenade ist für die Dreharbeiten gesperrt, sagte Ernst Kammerer, Chef des Tourismusverbandes Ausseerland, zur APA.

Bereits Tage davor sind Sicherheitsleute vor Ort, um die Sperre zu bewachen. Besonders gut abgeschottet wird die "Seewiese", auf der die zentralen Aufnahmen stattfinden sollen. Hauptdarsteller Daniel Craig wird ebenfalls erwartet. Er dürfte im Vier-Sterne-Hotel "Seevilla" untergebracht sein, denn das Quartier ist zur Gänze von der Produktionsfirma gebucht. Daneben sind etwa zehn weitere Unterkünfte teilweise komplett für die Crewmitglieder sowie die Sicherheitsleute gebucht, erklärte Kammerer.
    "Altaussee wird wohl in den wenigen Szenen kaum erkennbar sein"
    Schon am Freitag wird gesprengt, aber nicht für den Dreh, sondern nahe der Seepromenade: Das sei keine Seltenheit, denn bei entsprechender Schneelage müsse das immer wieder gemacht werden, doch diesmal habe man die Lawinensprengung vorgezogen, erklärte der Tourismus-Chef. Damit wolle man ungestörte Dreharbeiten in den kommenden Tagen ermöglichen. Eine "Plätte" habe bereits einen "Auftritt" in London gehabt. Eines der traditionellen Boote war in die Filmstudios gebracht worden. Unklar sei aber, ob die "Plätte" für den Dreh verwendet oder ein Nachbau gefertigt wurde, so Kammerer. Mittlerweile ist das Boot wieder zurück in der Heimat.

Neben Teilen der Seepromenade ist auch der Flugraum von 4. bis 6. Jänner gesperrt, was vor allem Paragleiter zu beachten haben. Zufrieren sollte der See bis Montag eher nicht, denn dann würden Szenen mit der "Plätte" wohl schwer möglich sein, schmunzelte Kammerer. Über den Inhalt der Aufnahmen weiß auch er nicht bescheid. Er geht davon aus, dass der Sonntag hauptsächlich zur "Akklimatisation" in Altaussee dient.

Kammerer erwarte sich von den Aufnahmen nicht viel: "Altaussee wird wohl in den wenigen Szenen kaum erkennbar sein." Wichtig sei aber, dass die Region überhaupt für den Dreh gewählt wurde, denn in den Bond-Filmen wurden bisher immer nur "besondere Landschaften" gezeigt. Darauf könne man später in der Werbung natürlich hinweisen. Auch die Wirtschaftsleistung der knapp 300 Crew-Mitglieder sei gerade zwischen Weihnachten und dem Skifliegen am Kulm nicht zu unterschätzen.

http://www.salzburg.com/nachrichten/freizeit/kino/sn/artikel/vorbereitungen-fuer-james-bond-dreh-in-altaussee-133313/

• edited January 2015 Posts: 11,119
    NicNac wrote: »
    Lock the Sony Leaks thread and ban any conversation I say,

The day they do that will be the day dozens of people will start talking about the leaks here and in every other Spectre related thread. The moderators locking the Leaks thread would be just them burying their head in the sand.
    No it's not. It's us being respectful to Eon.

And remember you have the Leaks thread because the owners of the site are allowing you to have it.

You know, I am a great advocate of freedom. I even opened a topic about the ethical implications of these SonyLeaks.

But don't forget.....Dutch anti-Muslim xenophobic politician Geert Wilders is a great "advocate of freedom" as well. I advocate freedom as a cause to let us think about the matter and to act accordingly. To be nuanced in our comments, to think twice before we post stuff, to at least try to conduct proper journalism.

But abusing the word "freedom" to justify xenophobic political agendas, or to justify criminally obtained stuff, is what should be prevented fully. Hell, even Joseph Goebbels and Adolf Hitler once said that "the people voted in freedom". That's not freedom. That's a hollow empty word. An instrument to justify crime, dictatorship, populism and sick propaganda. Freedom for me has a way more complicated meaning. For me it's also an instrument to protect long-term freedom.....until the Earth dies when the Sun turns into a red giant.

So I fully agree with @NicNac and @Pierce2Daniel here. It's certainly a very good idea to moderate these SonyLeaks topics more fiercefully. All for the sake of real long-term freedom, and not for the sake of "sick freedom".
    I think we cannot expect much to be honest being released officially thanks to the hackers! I expect to see very little to be honest during the filming of Spectre. I certainly believe we had more than one clapperboard picture at this point whilst Skyfall was being shot?
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    I think we cannot expect much to be honest being released officially thanks to the hackers! I expect to see very little to be honest during the filming of Spectre. I certainly believe we had more than one clapperboard picture at this point whilst Skyfall was being shot?
    Not really. The first Skyfall clapperboard was released in early November, 2011, and the second in late November, 2011, so by now, the most we could have is two. There will probably be another one once they head to Austria next week.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Not really. The first Skyfall clapperboard was released in early November, 2011, and the second in late November, 2011, so by now, the most we could have is two. There will probably be another one once they head to Austria next week.

I have not learnt any of the leaked stuff out there which i am grateful of! My concern is they will not release anything as it may confirm things that have been leaked? I also wonder is this the reason why the UK release has been put back to November 6th for the Worldwide release?

I have not learnt any of the leaked stuff out there which i am grateful of! My concern is they will not release anything as it may confirm things that have been leaked? I also wonder is this the reason why the UK release has been put back to November 6th for the Worldwide release?
    The SPECTRE script was leaked after the announcement, so the pushing of the release date was probably just to a smart move beforehand so that the film is released at the same time globally to avoid spoilers, and this would also prevent the movie to be pirated in countries that haven't seen it yet, as well a strategy to increase the box office intake. And the clapperboards don't reveal much other than a vague setting, so I don't think there's anything to worry about.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Agreed.. I figured that was the reason as well.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland

The SPECTRE script was leaked after the announcement, so the pushing of the release date was probably just to a smart move beforehand so that the film is released at the same time globally to avoid spoilers, and this would also prevent the movie to be pirated in countries that haven't seen it yet, as well a strategy to increase the box office intake. And the clapperboards don't reveal much other than a vague setting, so I don't think there's anything to worry about.

I think that @jake24 is absolutely right. I think we will see some clapperboards while the production team are in Austria.
    Any ideas when we will see the first trailer I would guess around May but any other thoughts?
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    @Risico007 Maybe a teaser in late June, as day will be filming in morocco in June, and possibly the official trailer late July/beginning of August
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Getting a good trailer out there is beneficial to EON in several ways, and I think especially with the leaked material floating around. I am hoping for May personally, but it may have to be summer, depends on what they get finished of course.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    edited January 2015 Posts: 560
    SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Savile Row still doesn't suit Bond - as producers continue deal with American tailor Tom Ford for next film

29 December 2014

244BBE1D00000578-2889513-Tight_fit_Daniel_Craig_in_Skyfall_where_Tom_Ford_s_outfits_were_-m-42_1419813752696.jpg

James Bond fans were delighted when it was recently confirmed that Daniel Craig would ditch the beer and return to sipping vodka martinis in 007’s next outing, Spectre.

However, traditionalists still have one cause to grumble. I am told producers will continue their deal with American tailor Tom Ford.

Not only is this considered unpatriotic, Ford’s outfits in Skyfall were also panned for being too small. One critic said his buttock-clenchingly snug designs made Craig look ‘like a bodyguard’.

David Mason of London tailor Anthony Sinclair, who cut Sean Connery’s iconic suits, says: ‘Of course, it’s saddening to witness Bond’s flirtations with glamorous Americans. I must confess I was expecting a call.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2889513/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Savile-Row-doesn-t-suit-Bond.html#ixzz3NeinPDFr
    Bond star Daniel Craig likely to join #SPECTRE filming in Altaussee, Austria on January 5 & 6

http://www.kleinezeitung.at/s/steiermark/ennstal/landleute/4629806/BondDreh_Ueber-dem-See-herrscht-Flugverbot
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I have no problem with Daniel in Tom Ford suits if they are not so tight this time.
    I have no problem with Daniel in Tom Ford suits if they are not so tight this time.

Actually, it was Tom Ford who's quite the admirer of Athony Sinclair. I understand how many Bond fans were a bit gutted about Bond's slim-fit look in "Skyfall", but then please re-watch "Doctor No", "From Russia With Love" and especially "On Her Majesty's Secret Service".

• I have no problem with Daniel in Tom Ford suits if they are not so tight this time.

Actually, it was Tom Ford who's quite the admirer of Athony Sinclair. I understand how many Bond fans were a bit gutted about Bond's slim-fit look in "Skyfall", but then please re-watch "Doctor No", "From Russia With Love" and especially "On Her Majesty's Secret Service".

I don't recall Connery's suits fitting him too tightly in Dr. No or From Russia With Love. Lazenby's threads were a bit more form-fitting in On Her Majesty's Secret Service, but then, he rocked that look in a way Craig in Skyfall really didn't.
    Remember there hasnt been anything to clapper about with x- mas inbetween. BTW i count the App pic with a clapper in the background as one, too. Personally I hope,vthey treatvus to something better then tbe stupid clappers, at least from time to tome. Featurettes and co...