SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Unpatriotic? Urgh, these people need to get over themselves. Firstly, Tom Ford makes great suits. As for the cut of the suit that was decided by 2 people, Craig and Temime. Thirdly, bodyguards don't look like Craig in a slim fit suit. Craig pulls the look off because the closeness of his suits compliments his physique. Sure, the Ford suits were better in QoS but the snobs winging about the suits being too tight wouldn't surprise me if they were a bunch of out of shape cry babies trying to wax what's antiquated and traditionally couth. As for the boys in Savile Row, they still make amazing suits, I was down there a couple of days ago but just because they tailored Bond before, it doesn't mean it should be standard that they tailor him all the time. Why should they be given that privilege? 4 out of the 6 actors who actually play Bond haven't even been English. Instead of waiting for a call that will never come, they need to step their game up be a bit more proactive with the producers and the lead actor and get noticed again instead if wining about it if they're that bothered about not being the ones suiting Bond up.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Lake Altaussee prepares for filming, a lot of crew has already arrived.

Pictures:
    edited January 2015 Posts: 1,208
  • Your first link is down, dear @aaron819.
    chipsticks wrote: »
    SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Savile Row still doesn't suit Bond - as producers continue deal with American tailor Tom Ford for next film

29 December 2014

244BBE1D00000578-2889513-Tight_fit_Daniel_Craig_in_Skyfall_where_Tom_Ford_s_outfits_were_-m-42_1419813752696.jpg

James Bond fans were delighted when it was recently confirmed that Daniel Craig would ditch the beer and return to sipping vodka martinis in 007’s next outing, Spectre.

However, traditionalists still have one cause to grumble. I am told producers will continue their deal with American tailor Tom Ford.

Not only is this considered unpatriotic, Ford’s outfits in Skyfall were also panned for being too small. One critic said his buttock-clenchingly snug designs made Craig look ‘like a bodyguard’.

David Mason of London tailor Anthony Sinclair, who cut Sean Connery’s iconic suits, says: ‘Of course, it’s saddening to witness Bond’s flirtations with glamorous Americans. I must confess I was expecting a call.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2889513/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Savile-Row-doesn-t-suit-Bond.html#ixzz3NeinPDFr

I happen to think the Tom Ford suits are perfect for DC!
    I love his grey suit too. Beside, while Bond should be elegant, he should be in a sober way.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    Did Naomie Harris wear British clothes for Bond? :-/
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 3,169
    Latest from Obertilliach:
    http://diepresse.com/home/kultur/film/4630768/Wenn-007-selbst-Hilfe-braucht
    Shooting wil begin on the 8th of January, right after filming at Altausee.
    "An aircraft that is to crash in the adjacent Gostenwald is already in place and is prepared by stunt and pyrotechnicians. On a snowy meadow a car is being thrown from a rope against a concrete wall."
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 5,767
    Zekidk wrote: »
    "An aircraft that is to crash in the adjacent Gostenwald is already in place and is prepared by stunt and pyrotechnicians. On a snowy meadow a car is being thrown from a rope against a concrete wall."
    Sounds like the guys are havin´ a blast :).
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    1192801_t1w747h560q80v40025_BondJagdhutteSeewiese4.jpg
    Thanks aaron, interesting and good to know. So, he will be in the film a lot appearantly.

Overall - this is to the best weather conditions in Austria. Full sunshine hopefully.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 3,169
    @aaron819
    You are posting leaked info in the wrong thread. Please stop doing this.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 6,601
    @aaron819
    You are posting leaked info in the wrong thread. Please stop doing this.

There is one sentence, that is indeed from leaked info. The one from Rome. If you had left this out, it would have been ok.

But use this thread for all legally obtained spoilerish info.
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2530/spectre-spoilerish-news-and-discussions#latest
    Really, Germanlady? Then please tell me the source of this:
    aaron819 wrote: »
    possibly refering o the Spectre meeting in Rome where he cant be seen until he leans in and says Bond, James Bond.

Yeah, I already corrected myself. This is indeed info, that doesn't belong in here. I for one don't go the the leaked thread and when I read stuff like this, I am happy, that most of worlds audience won't be spoiled.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @aaron819's post deleted.
    Even if it is only one sentence, we have a separate thread for that stuff and it's zero tolerance concerning these matters.
    @Germanlady and @Zekidk Sorry, for the leaked info
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 2,015
    jake24 wrote: »
    The SPECTRE script was leaked after the announcement, so the pushing of the release date was probably just to a smart move beforehand so that the film is released at the same time globally to avoid spoilers, and this would also prevent the movie to be pirated in countries that haven't seen it yet, as well a strategy to increase the box office intake.
    Well, after "announcing" 15 days of rewriting in the middle of the year, they announce the release date will be 15 days later at the press conference. The explanation could be rather straightforward ! And as far as a simultaneous UK/US release is concerned, they already did it with CR. We'll see if they will really release it on Friday in countries where movies are released on Wednesday. Sony France has still not updated its release date for the movie.

Daniel Craig has arrived in Altaussee:

http://www.arf.at/?p=165801

:-) :-) :-)
    Bellucci?
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Unpatriotic? Urgh, these people need to get over themselves. Firstly, Tom Ford makes great suits. As for the cut of the suit that was decided by 2 people, Craig and Temime. Thirdly, bodyguards don't look like Craig in a slim fit suit. Craig pulls the look off because the closeness of his suits compliments his physique. Sure, the Ford suits were better in QoS but the snobs winging about the suits being too tight wouldn't surprise me if they were a bunch of out of shape cry babies trying to wax what's antiquated and traditionally couth. As for the boys in Savile Row, they still make amazing suits, I was down there a couple of days ago but just because they tailored Bond before, it doesn't mean it should be standard that they tailor him all the time. Why should they be given that privilege? 4 out of the 6 actors who actually play Bond haven't even been English. Instead of waiting for a call that will never come, they need to step their game up be a bit more proactive with the producers and the lead actor and get noticed again instead if wining about it if they're that bothered about not being the ones suiting Bond up.

The Skyfall suits were awful. They weren't "close fit", they were way too small and produced all kinds of unsightly pull creases. It's not anybody out of shape whinging about tradition or anything else. They simply didn't fit.
  • RC7RC7
    doghouse wrote: »
    The Skyfall suits were awful. They weren't "close fit", they were way too small and produced all kinds of unsightly pull creases. It's not anybody out of shape whinging about tradition or anything else. They simply didn't fit.

Dan just doesn't have the physique for such a slim fit. They're for men with less bulk and Dan doesn't have the height to compensate either.
    I disagree. I think he looked good in them and it's not as though the man was hulking out of them. The suits clung to his body in a way that not everyone can pull off and I think had he been carry less mass it wouldn't have liked quite as good. Still, I think his QoS suits are tge best overall though.
  • RC7RC7
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I disagree. I think he looked good in them and it's not as though the man was hulking out of them. The suits clung to his body in a way that not everyone can pull off and I think had he been carry less mass it wouldn't have liked quite as good. Still, I think his QoS suits are tge best overall though.

He looks fine when reasonably static, but in action scenes the clothes have no give, so he looks a little stuffed into them. Connery and the rest were more lithe, Dan struggles because he's overly muscular imo. I've always thought he should lose a bit of the bulk, particularly around his upper body.
    They weren't "slim fit". They were "didn't fit". It's not really a question of styling,the waist of the jacket was smaller than Craig's waist. There is massive creasing in them and the buttons are being pulled. There isn't anything stylish about ill fitting clothing. You look like you can't afford to have your stuff tailored.

Daniel+Craig+Rome+Paris+SkyFall+MPRC+3.jpg

The whole Savile Row thing is a red herring in this anyway. Anthony Sinclair was on Conduit St, Doug Hayward on Mount St., then Brioni from Italy and Tom Ford from America. Savile Row has never been a big part of Bond.
    He arrived there with Monica in tow. The weather provides welcome new snow, but hoipefully sun will come out tomorrow.
    Suits a suit. Daniel Craig can where a cheep suit from JCPenny and would still look great in it as James Bond.
  • RC7RC7
    edited January 2015 Posts: 10,512
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Suits a suit.

I beg to differ.
    doghouse wrote: »
    They weren't "slim fit". They were "didn't fit". It's not really a question of styling,the waist of the jacket was smaller than Craig's waist. There is massive creasing in them and the buttons are being pulled. There isn't anything stylish about ill fitting clothing. You look like you can't afford to have your stuff tailored.

It's the current trend, and imo doesn't look good. I hate a lot of modern tailoring trends such as short jackets and ill-tailored trousers that taper to the ankle. Urgh. Bond should be classic with a couple of modern twists. I'm hoping Tom Ford gives him a little more breathing room this time.
    This is turning into a fashion debate.