SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Charlie Rose did an interview with Mendes a couple of days ago. The interview's main topic is Cabaret, the latest theater production by Mendes and will air tonight. Hopefully he will say something about Bond 24. :)

An excerpt:
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    COME AND DI(E)VE... And I can hear the Beach Boys doing the theme spng...
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited March 2014 Posts: 1,261
    From Poolside with Love
    Cannonball
    Live and Let Dive
    The Man with the Golden Snorkel
    The Spy who Drowned Me
    A View to a Spill
    GoldenTrunks
    Scuba Royale

And of course, Octopussy fits already!

:)) :)) :)) =)) =)) :-)) Hilarious stuff. Still crying of laughter.
    Quantum of Sewage
    You only dive twice
    Divefall
    On her Mermaid's secret swimming
  • Tomorrow Never Dives

From Poolside with Love
    Cannonball
    Live and Let Dive
    The Man with the Golden Snorkel
    The Spy who Drowned Me
    A View to a Spill
    GoldenTrunks
    Scuba Royale

And of course, Octopussy fits already!

You Only Swim Twice
    Oceanraker
    For Your Goggles Only
    Sail Another Day

Wow, is there a hidden message in the title, that Eve will die!?

boldfinger wrote:

It'd be way too suspicious for the head of MI6 to die, and Mallory stepping in the role only for his assistant to die shortly after.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    boldfinger wrote:

It'd be way too suspicious for the head of MI6 to die, and Mallory stepping in the role only for his assistant to die shortly after.
    He's Voldemort, I tell you!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    boldfinger wrote:

He's Voldemort, I tell you!

Hey Hey Hey! Mallory is "Sexy Voldemort" on these boards! According to this. =))
    Charlie Rose did an interview with Mendes a couple of days ago. The interview's main topic is Cabaret, the latest theater production by Mendes and will air tonight. Hopefully he will say something about Bond 24. :)

An excerpt:

Did anyone watch this interview the other night? I don't live in American, but is there any way our US cousins could see if they could find it somehow because I think it's a near certainty that Mendes will talk about SF and Bond 24. Thanks!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Seeing Rose and Mendes there in the youtube screencap makes me think of the word association evaluation in SF.
    Rose: "Bienvenu."
    Mendes:"Welcome."
    Rose:"Bond 24."
    Mendes:"Done!"
    (walks away)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    This just in:

Barbara Broccoli confirms that John Travolta will be Bond 24's villain; 'Come and Dive' title rumour is actually closer to the truth than we think

<a href="http://www.bechaini.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/032614_0642_Top10MostFu1.jpg">http:/www.empireonline.com/news/story/barbara-broccoli-confirms-villain-bond-24/</a>;

Now let's discuss. Did this come as a surprise?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    brace-your-selves-the-april-fools-pranks-are-coming.jpg
    I thought that was gonna be an april fools joke! :))
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 2,015
    Jean Reno has just made a TV show here in France that ended 30 minutes ago, he was there to promote Avis de Mistral, a French comedy.
    http://www.allocine.fr/film/fichefilm_gen_cfilm=221540.html

He gave one scoop : he was in talk to do Les Visiteurs 3, he had read the script, everything was fine, but for a schedule conflict.

It's a French mega-hit franchise those US version was a major fail, you probably never heard about it, but here it was really big. But the trouble was he had a schedule conflict because at that time he would be playing the bad guy in "the next Bond" ("le méchant dans le prochain James Bond", his words). The French interviewers only kept on asking him about the first part of the scoop alas...

I'll give the link of the repeat of TV show when it's online (usually very late this night or tomorrow). It'll be somewhere on http://www.d8.tv
    Did anyone watch this interview the other night? I don't live in American, but is there any way our US cousins could see if they could find it somehow because I think it's a near certainty that Mendes will talk about SF and Bond 24. Thanks!

I watched it online the other day. No talk about Bond 24...

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    This Jean Reno stuff is actually real, or another April Fools?
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe

I'd guess April fools.
    Sandy wrote:

I'd guess April fools.

My money would be on a April fools joke too!
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 9,770
    Jean Reno has just made a TV show here in France that ended 30 minutes ago, he was there to promote Avis de Mistral, a French comedy.
    http://www.allocine.fr/film/fichefilm_gen_cfilm=221540.html

He gave one scoop : he was in talk to do Les Visiteurs 3, he had read the script, everything was fine, but for a schedule conflict.

It's a French mega-hit franchise those US version was a major fail, you probably never heard about it, but here it was really big. But the trouble was he had a schedule conflict because at that time he would be playing the bad guy in "the next Bond" ("le méchant dans le prochain James Bond", his words). The French interviewers only kept on asking him about the first part of the scoop alas...

I'll give the link of the repeat of TV show when it's online (usually very late this night or tomorrow). It'll be somewhere on http://www.d8.tv

while this is probably an April Fools day joke man would I love it if this is true

Why

He was Creepy and brilliant in Mission Impossible
    the only good thing in GodZillia and Pink Panther....

Suivez Don't play with my emotions.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Although I love Giancarlo Gianinni, I think Reno would have been a magistral René Mathis.
    April fools joke indeed. I tried to make it realistic, but well, here nobody knew Reno really just had been on TV :)

Everything but the Bond reference is true indeed (so Jean Reno just did a TV show a few hours ago, and gave the scoop about Les Visiteurs 3), I just replaced "I'm still having to solve some issues with the producers before actually doing it" (yes, actors can talk about this here :) ) with "I'm having a scheduling conflict with Bond" ! Sorry for the Reno fans !

To forgive me, here's an anecdote he revealed that could interest international readers. One day he was called to be on the set of Mission Impossible to shoot the rat scene. After a plane travel from France just for the day of shooting, after the make up and so on, Tom Cruise arrived and said : "Brian (de Palma), today we don't shoot". And Cruise left at 9am, nothing was shot that day.

2cxuqty.jpg
    "It was 9am"

About 100.000 Euros lost for nothing, Reno estimates. He thinks it was because of a rendez-vous with Kubrick.

And Reno did an April fools joke in the show ! He pretended to be upset to a joke on him and left the show for a few seconds, only the MC was aware of the joke, the rest of the team really felt something went horribly wrong (it shows you can make successful April fools day jokes on April fools day !)

os4oat.jpg
    "I like you guys, but now it's too much..."

Now back for 364 days of nothing but the truth (and some opinions :) ).
    Reno would of been perfect
    Risico007 wrote:
    Reno would of been perfect

I literally almost went ahead and updated the thread. Luckily I read the next page first.

Just got so excited and so disappointed.
    Well, even if he said it on April 1st, it´s a wonderful plea to Eon to call him for Bond 25 :-)!

He really should be in a Bond film.
    Sandy wrote:
    Although I love Giancarlo Gianinni, I think Reno would have been a magistral René Mathis.

He would have been too distracting. Too obvious a choice. Giannini has a certain elegance that is lacking in Jean Reno.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Reno would've been great. There's still hope though, lads. Chins up and all that. ;)
    The link is dead right now, but I found indirect quotes from an old interview in which Jean Reno said he turned down the offer to play Renard ! "I didn't want to play this character who feels no emotion". He has "no regrets".

So don't wait for Eon to ask him again, I think. Hm, Reno & Marceau in the same Bond... well we had Amalric and Kurylenko later on, Eon is not practising French bashing !

An example of an indirect quote (in French)
    http://jamesbond007.vraiforum.com/t858-Jean-Reno-dans-le-role-de-Renard-en-1999.htm

The original interview (but it gives an error right now, I could not read it yet, I'm afraid multimania is totally dead though)
    http://membres.multimania.fr/jeanreno/docs/wasabi_clive4.html

Sam Mendes is currently scouting locations for Bond 24

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2596511/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-Wow-What-Cabaret-act-Michelle.html

In a side note, Mendes is currently directing a revival of 'Cabaret' in New York with Michelle Williams. I'm desperate for him to cast her in Bond 24.

article-2593599-1CB9638B00000578-726_634x846.jpg
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 824
    deleted