SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Goonbase Alpha
    A motorcycle could work, but it depends on where Bond is working. Had Brosnan stayed on, we would be talking flying cars...
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The 2015 Aston Martin is the V12 Vantage S, so could it be that?
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 7,087
    Samuel001 wrote:

Wilson and Barbara said at the car exhibition in London that the next 007 flic has a brand new Aston Martin that has not been seen yet, so......... your guess is probably better than mine.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Sorry to go slightly off topic but did anyone see the heroes tribute at this year's oscars? Connery and Craig were the only ones that made the montage and both were pretty iconic scenes too

RC7 wrote:
    Do people genuinely want gadgets? I think that could be a big misstep in the Craig era. I thought it was bad enough having the DB5, but an MI6 approved vehicle with machine guns etc seems like it might be pissing in the faces of CR and QoS. I'd enjoy Bond having a finely tuned personal vehicle, that he clearly takes a lot of care of, or a stolen vehicle.

AFAIC, gadgetry is the most dispensable variable in the Bond formula. Indeed, it is the only facet I would not miss were it to vanish entirely.

ggl007 wrote:

Thanks GGL, someone posted on Youtube now.

Just watched this video and realised about Aston Martin returning! Be interested to see what this new model will look like?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 It was this or the priesthood.
    Exciting news all around regarding Bond 24's development. The search for a villain is intriguing, as is the confirmation that the film will explore more of Bond's dimensions or "inner life" as Barbara called it, though that's no surprise. The news about the film featuring a new Aston is great as well, as that brand will always be synonymous above all others with 007 for me, and it'll be a story to follow as the months go on.
    RC7 wrote:
    Do people genuinely want gadgets? I think that could be a big misstep in the Craig era. I thought it was bad enough having the DB5, but an MI6 approved vehicle with machine guns etc seems like it might be pissing in the faces of CR and QoS. I'd enjoy Bond having a finely tuned personal vehicle, that he clearly takes a lot of care of, or a stolen vehicle.

AFAIC, gadgetry is the most dispensable variable in the Bond formula. Indeed, it is the only facet I would not miss were it to vanish entirely.

Me too. And it never was essential, or at the core of Bond. It is a small, unimportant addition to the already established formula that has taken an illegitimate importance due to a number of factors.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 It was this or the priesthood.
    Ludovico wrote:
    RC7 wrote:

Me too. And it never was essential, or at the core of Bond. It is a small, unimportant addition to the already established formula that has taken an illegitimate importance due to a number of factors.

I don't think gadgets work well with Craig's Bond either. I don't want to see any over the top and implausible gadgets, and if they have to be there make them realistic and necessary. @QBranch posted some cool real world gadget ideas earlier that I'd be happy with.
    QBranch wrote:
    For realistic gadgets, I could see a pop out gun compartment under Bond's seat which was an unseen extra on the GF DB5- although we had a variation of it in CR in the DBS's dash. Or perhaps an EMP that transmits backwards from the boot that stops tailing vehicles by shutting off their engine, electronics etc.

http://www.google.com.au/patents/US5293527
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I Hoping an Aston Martin too but don't forget last year Daniel Craig got a V12 Vantage Aston Martin for his Birthday last year. It could be the V12 Zagato more likely.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    I'd bet my Money on an currently unannounced flagship that will eventually replace the current vanquish. I seem to remember that the DBS in CR was a prototype and was actually a DB9 with DBS skin. I expect something similiar with the new Aston and what better way to market the new model than have bond drive one in the new film :)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Goonbase Alpha
    All for Aston Martin. It is the ultimate Bond car after all. That or Bentley.
    What I like best in that interview is, that Michael looks well for a change.
    Yes, the Aston is the definitive Bond car. For the books it's the Bentley but obviously these aren't the books. I just hope we can get an awesome car chase with the Aston that (a) we can actually see properly (b) it's not over after only 30 seconds and (c) Craig doesn't horribly wreck it. Every Aston that has appeared in a Craig Bond movie has been colossally wrecked; it's time for the Aston to receive a bit more love.
    Leave Craig with some new beautiful Astons, and after his five, when Bentley has a car and money to jump in, introduce a new, younger Bond with his battleship grey Bentley. You hit the modern audience with the new car and young Bond, and all the Fleming fans with the Bentley.
    Let's just hope if that happens Bond doesn't wreck it!
    So am I the only Lotus fan here? :P
    So am I the only Lotus fan here? :P

I'd only support a Lotus if it appeared in the film exactly like this:
    12489051883_6ca41a0bc8_b.jpg
  • tqbtqb
    have you guys seen this?
    Seems fake to me
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=96444
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Fake. One link that shows off a teaser, the title song, and title, months before the movie starts filming?
    Well it looks like a great fake fan trailer. though the title

Come and Dive?

Really!

I think we all would prefer 007 in New York over that title.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 2,400
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Fake. One link that shows off a teaser, the title song, and title, months before the movie starts filming?
    I hope that you're right

edit: It was posted on thefilmstage.com and it got removed. So yey for fake news
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    dragonsky wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I hope that you're right

Look at the evidence. It's just a fan trailer.
    Can someone create a cool 007 logo for Come and Dive thought please I really would love to see it lol
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    FFB_COMEANDDIVE.png
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    wow that is impressive cgi
  • Aston Martin V12 Vantage S would be cool...

122ep0l.png
    well sony pulled the fake teaser which sucks as I wanted to see it!
  • Risico007 wrote:
    well sony pulled the fake teaser which sucks as I wanted to see it!