SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    From today's Press Junket at BOND IN MOTION.

"We'll start filming at the end of the year"

"We'll choose the villain in the next couple of months"

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Marketto, you deserve one of these

c6Vpa.gif
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Well, let's hope we learn who has the role in a couple of months then. I would prefer that than having to wait until November.

Thank you @marketto007. We're nearly off - once again!
    Excellent find, @marketto007. I've updated the opening post (and of course, credited you).

I will now be trying to link each update with the page the information is posted so that it will be easier to go back and find the discussion when and where we learned the events of Bond 24's production.

Unfortunately it will take some time to go back and do it for all the previously posted updates, but from here on it should be regular.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Great find @Marketto007, I wonder what they mean with choosing the villain in the next couple of months. Perhaps Logan built a story that can fit multiple characters? Or did he write several possible villains?
    Sandy wrote:
    Great find @Marketto007, I wonder what they mean with choosing the villain in the next couple of months. Perhaps Logan built a story that can fit multiple characters? Or did he write several possible villains?

I think they just meant an actor for the role. The didn't have time to write the character for a specific person this time, like they did for Javier.
  • RC7RC7
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    The didn't have time to write the character for a specific person this time, like they did for Javier.

They'll have had someone in mind. Whether they get him/her is another matter.

RC7 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    The didn't have time to write the character for a specific person this time, like they did for Javier.

Yes but with Skyfall they practically had Bardem signed before MGM was even a functioning studio again.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Great as always, Marketto.

I think we first heard about Bardem in January 2011 :-O
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Oh I am looking forward to knowing anything about the villain(s)! I do hope they get Helen Mirren for one of the roles, I really do. And she is on a good streak now; plus I think she'd appreciate being in a Bond film.
  • RC7RC7
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Yes but with Skyfall they practically had Bardem signed before MGM was even a functioning studio again.

I just mean they'll have someone specific in mind. If they get them they'll refine it, if they don't they'll adapt it.
  • RC7RC7
    Oh I am looking forward to knowing anything about the villain(s)! I do hope they get Helen Mirren for one of the roles, I really do. And she is on a good streak now; plus I think she'd appreciate being in a Bond film.

I think Mirren would have made a fantastic, 'M'.
    RC7 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

I just mean they'll have someone specific in mind. If they get them they'll refine it, if they don't they'll adapt it.

Didn't Barbara Broccoli said they have someone in mind already?
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Slightly off topic but how well does Barbara look?
  • RC7RC7
    Ludovico wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

I don't know a single screenwriter who creates a key character for whom they have no actor in mind. I'm pretty confident that SF's success will go a long way to procuring the talent they require.
    I'm convinced that they already have their villain but obviously aren't going to spill the beans just yet. It's all about the right time and right moment to reveal things.
    RC7 wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

I don't know a single screenwriter who creates a key character for whom they have no actor in mind. I'm pretty confident that SF's success will go a long way to procuring the talent they require.

Oh I am sure of this too. Often screenwriters have a number of actors in mind, as they don't know for sure who can play the role. (And that's why I don't think I'd be a good scriptwriter.) But in Barbara's case, I thought she had said to Travolta (I think) that they already have their mind on an actor.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I do not think she said they had a specific actor in mind, but a specific type of villain.
    I do not think she said they had a specific actor in mind, but a specific type of villain.

I understood they already had their eye on a specific actor. But maybe it was a polite way to dismiss Travolta. I agree with doubleoego, if they have someone in mind they won't spill the beans now.
    I don't remember them ever saying that. Only that Travolta wouldn't be who they would cast.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Time for a new car? :D
    edited March 2014 Posts: 11,139
    A new Aston, one we haven't seen eh? That us very interesting; very very interesting.

Well spotted @ggl007.
    From today's Press Junket at BOND IN MOTION.

"We'll start filming at the end of the year"

"We'll choose the villain in the next couple of months"

Oh boy was excited watching this video! Fingers crossed we will have the name of the actor/actress playing the villain! <:-P So looking forward to this all over again!

Brilliant work Marketto as always! "Nobody Does It Better!"
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    ggl007 wrote:
    Was just about to post this. I'm excited to see a new model, but also, I'm getting bored with seeing him drive an Aston, period. It would be refreshing if he didn't drive a car at all. What do you guys think?
    QBranch wrote:
    ggl007 wrote:
    Was just about to post this. I'm excited to see a new model, but also, I'm getting bored with seeing him drive an Aston, period. It would be refreshing if he didn't drive a car at all. What do you guys think?

I would like to see Bond use his wits again in the sense of maybe stealing a car and using his driving talent to get away or what ever like Connery in DAF......etc.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I want to be excited, I really do. But how about a Bond film where he doesn't drive a car at all- like FRWL and MR. Oh well, if the story calls for it... I wanna see it crammed full of rockets and lasers :))
    Now that is exciting news!
    I've really missed the spy car in recent films. The Brosnan films were replete with them and light monotony began to set in. However, Craig has yet to use one (aside from briefly using the GF Aston in SF). Thinking about the spy car always sends me right back to my childhood. It's really due a reprise and I for one really hope it makes its return.

I'm not sure how Bond will be issued it as the new Q is an entirely new breed from the older character. I hope that maybe Q takes on a side project and builds the new car especially for Bond.
  • RC7RC7
    RogueAgent wrote:
    I would like to see Bond use his wits again in the sense of maybe stealing a car and using his driving talent to get away

Me too. The Craig era doesn't need a gadget-laden vehicle. Happy to see him steal an exotic vehicle and smash it to bits. I was gutted that Moon had so many super cars in DAD, yet none were used.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited March 2014 Posts: 4,304
    Now that is exciting news!
    I've really missed the spy car in recent films. The Brosnan films were replete with them and light monotony began to set in. However, Craig has yet to use one (aside from briefly using the GF Aston in SF). Thinking about the spy car always sends me right back to my childhood. It's really due a reprise and I for one really hope it makes its return.

I'm not sure how Bond will be issued it as the new Q is an entirely new breed from the older character. I hope that maybe Q takes on a side project and builds the new car especially for Bond.

New Q is a computer geek, I don't think anyone would consider him an engineer. He would rely on engineers to put a touch screen into the Aston's dashboard (Tesla-style) and then communicate with Bond online (Kind of "Knight Rider" cheesy).