Coolest thing you'll see all day thread.

Comments

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Thank you. I like it.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    The only road legal Aston Martin Vulcan in the world
    Apologies in advance.

x3Rujl0.png
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Apologies in advance.

x3Rujl0.png
    I'm dying! =))
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Just beautiful.
    Apparently, in Canada (@peter, @jake24, @dominicgreene any further info on this?) a second Bond thriller book is published, but the premise isn't quite known. From what I can see with these illustrations, it's sci-fi-heavy with a lot of fantasy thrown in.

bond%2Bunknown%2Bartwork%2Bcover.jpg

bond%2Bunknown%2Billustrations.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I haven't heard of this.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 45,489
    It was mentioned on some thread here before. @DarthDimi is heavily into Ctulhu lore, he may know more about this.
    Bond vs Cthulhu, eh? Now that's something right up my alley!
    Cthulhu is farsi for small.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Huh? No I haven't heard of this!
    I'd like a copy of this, honestly.
    Not Bond-related or anything, but I always thought Marcello Mastroianni looked awfully cool in any picture he was taken in. We really are living in different times.

7ad61ffdc503160e7e7571822d3dfedd.jpg
    What a great photo!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Thanks to imgur, some interesting, little seen historical photos, some haunting, some striking, and some moving:
    https://imgur.com/gallery/B91Wj
    Those are fantastic pictures, thanks @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 .
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Crazy to think how much the world has changed in a hundred years. Mostly positive, thankfully, especially looking back. The German soldiers looking at concentration camp footage especially took me aback.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Crazy to think how much the world has changed in a hundred years. Mostly positive, thankfully, especially looking back. The German soldiers looking at concentration camp footage especially took me aback.

Those creeps! "Hey, let's look at ourselves killing a bunch of people! Won't that be fun?"
    What are you talking about?
    I wonder what did Vladimir "Thunderfinger" Rasputin do in his heyday at the Baltic Coast? ;)
    edited January 2018 Posts: 28,694

Those creeps! "Hey, let's look at ourselves killing a bunch of people! Won't that be fun?"
    I don't think that was entirely the case. Some could've hated Jews as much as Hitler, but I think the horrified looks on some of them (unable to look) are those of men who were enlisted in the war but who never wished for things to go that far (genocide). Like so much of the German public, they were disgusted and shamed to be part of Hitler's nation and what he did with his power.
    I wonder what did Vladimir "Thunderfinger" Rasputin do in his heyday at the Baltic Coast? ;)
    He got stabbed. Then shot. Then poisoned. Then lit on fire. Then drowned. Then got hit by a car. And, well, you know the rest.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,423
    He got stabbed. Then shot. Then poisoned. Then lit on fire. Then drowned. Then got hit by a car. And, well, you know the rest.
    And then Odin sent some Asgardian light his way and stored a great power in his finger so he'll be our saviour one day from The League of Extraordinary North Korean Fatmen.

While on topic...

steven-amp-039-s-witnesses_c_3074765.jpg

@DarthDimi you'll enjoy this.
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 5,767
    Much more thrill in the stuntwork than in the last Bond films, and very cool to see how CR gave its nod to these two!

It must be back projection, I cannot imagine that they shot that on real location, that would have been just too insane. But it looks so amazingly real!
    They had a huge canvas underneath in case they fell. Imagine seeing this in the cinema in 1929. I am still in awe nine decades later, even more now than when I was a kid.
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 5,767
    I nearly wet my pants watching them climb so high up in the air! It´s extraordinary from today´s standpoint. If I consider that up until the 70s people were much more reactive to what happened onscreen, it must have been a mega blockbuster experience to see in the cinema and at the time Laurel and Hardy do such stunts.
    They put Tom Cruise in the shadow.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,423
    f_71687_lisp-impediment-001.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Me in about 30 years:

5hxfp2B4pYFsnIUBWbPWLCCgTLqMRjgti8KF0JBxu5U.jpg?w=432&s=2146de70bcab574a8fd43a8774a140b2