Coolest thing you'll see all day thread.

Comments

• edited November 2017 Posts: 2,081
    Octopussy

DMqd8vRW0AAmqVr.jpg
    Tuulia wrote: »
    Octopussy

DMqd8vRW0AAmqVr.jpg

Awesome! I love cats!
    That dog and squirrel really made my day :-)). Thanks @Tuulia.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Tuulia wrote: »
    Octopussy
    DMqd8vRW0AAmqVr.jpg
    SPECATRE
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I randomly found this on YouTube while looking up film related videos. Michael Caine from 1987, teaching a group of aspiring actors the craft:

I was glued to the screen the whole time, and moreover was quite fascinated. It's no mystery why the man is one of the best alive. For those that love movies, it's a fun one to watch as Michael knows the game and you get a lot of context for how certain shots are created on set and why actors make particular choices while in the frame.
    Great stuff @0Brady. I read a little book he wrote about acting. I´m not in show business, but I found it one the most satisfying reads I ever had.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    I randomly found this on YouTube while looking up film related videos. Michael Caine from 1987, teaching a group of aspiring actors the craft:

I was glued to the screen the whole time, and moreover was quite fascinated. It's no mystery why the man is one of the best alive. For those that love movies, it's a fun one to watch as Michael knows the game and you get a lot of context for how certain shots are created on set and why actors make particular choices while in the frame.

In all seriousness though, the Caine masterclass is very interesting. Especially the bit about actors "changing eyes." It may be a normal thing to do in real life but it does look a tad awkward on the screen.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Great stuff @0Brady. I read a little book he wrote about acting. I´m not in show business, but I found it one the most satisfying reads I ever had.

It's definitely fascinating to see a pro at work, @boldfinger, and it's very inspiring to see someone in their natural environment taking command even if you don't have the same job as them or are interested in the same line of work.

Part of what makes Michael so good is that he knows not only what is expected of him and what he must do, but also of the jobs held by the crew and director. That makes him very alert to the on-set concerns or expectations and also makes him far more capable of performing the way he's expected to according to marks on the ground and certain direction. It's impressive to see how much he's absorbed, what he's picked up and the thought he puts into everything he does in a performance.
    Yeah, in his work, Caine comes across as both practical and a team player.

The actor in the masterclass playing Caine's role in Deathtrap has a good presence.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Those Acting Masterclass spoofs that Peter does are pure gold. I haven't watched them in ages, but they're rich, the Marlon Brando one especially.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Those Acting Masterclass spoofs that Peter does are pure gold. I haven't watched them in ages, but they're rich, the Marlon Brando one especially.

@Creasy47, I watched the Kevin Spacey one recently and the way Peter plays him (basically as a stuck-up and egotistical diva) felt far too close to reality now that so much has come out. I wonder if he'd ever had some personal encounters with Kevin and was letting off some steam like in the way Seth MacFarlane will sprinkle his disgust or contempt for certain celebrities in his shows while disguising them as playful comedy.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

@Creasy47, I watched the Kevin Spacey one recently and the way Peter plays him (basically as a stuck-up and egotistical diva) felt far too close to reality now that so much has come out. I wonder if he'd ever had some personal encounters with Kevin and was letting off some steam like in the way Seth MacFarlane will sprinkle his disgust or contempt for certain celebrities in his shows while disguising them as playful comedy.

Who knows, but MacFarlane called out Weinstein years before all the sexual assault allegations, and has used Family Guy to call out the Kevin Spacey allegations and the Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner transition. He's either got a sixth sense for that stuff, or he just has the balls to call out what must be "open secrets" in Hollywood.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Interesting to see Benedict Wong there.

@Creasy47, I take it you've seen this video then?
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    24775030_10155950808952020_8548126305259184713_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=576aa363f513a792c679d82c9879feb3&oe=5A907887

God Shave The Queen!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    5544985_700b.jpg
    24775030_10155950808952020_8548126305259184713_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=576aa363f513a792c679d82c9879feb3&oe=5A907887

God Shave The Queen!

I enjoy the fact Connery speaks through his right nostril. I wish I could do that.
    5544985_700b.jpg
    Comerade Davarish.
    Seems someone is going for SP's record:

The poor trees.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Swing remix of A View to A Kill
    It's more like a modern Lounge Music but a fun one regardless.

@BMW_with_missiles, try getting Mister Bond - A Jazzy Cocktail Of Ice Cold Themes. That album has some of the best rearrangements of the old theme songs that I prefer over the originals.

@BMW_with_missiles, try getting Mister Bond - A Jazzy Cocktail Of Ice Cold Themes. That album has some of the best rearrangements of the old theme songs that I prefer over the originals.

I've actually listened to that album before. I remember liking the first track, but I didn't care for the others so much.

I've actually listened to that album before. I remember liking the first track, but I didn't care for the others so much.
    I personally loved Tomorrow Never Dies the most, followed by A View To A Kill and Licence To Kill.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 3,000
    Pretty cool Bond theme remix:
    Dunkirk re-edited as an 8 minute silent film:

That was well done, and great choice of music.
    I wonder if that guy found that music or wrote it for the movie.
    That is not original music. At least some of it is by Gustav Holst.