Spectre rumor bin

Comments

• RC7RC7
    [quote="PanchitoPisto
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I got the sense @Risico007 is joking but maybe not.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Samuel001 wrote:

If not, I'll be keeping my eyes peeled on you lot in the future for trustworthy/credible rumors.
    Kanye West rumoured to do the title song.
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/kanye-west-wants-007-theme-30436994.html

I hope this isn't some spin from Kardashian campy as West is genuinely talented. Aside from being a massive dickhead his music is pretty great and he's a renown producer so personally I hope he does do the theme or at least has a hand in it. 'My Beautiful Twisted Dark Fantasy' is probably my all time favourite album.

Of course West already remixed 'Diamonds Are Forever':

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 13,978
    I was a big Kanye fan back around 2004-2009, but I don't have much of an interest in what he's doing these days. However, I'd be all for him producing the theme- especially if he can channel the Late Registration sound. That album was phenomenal.
  • Anymore word yet if Hoytema will be joining Bond 24?
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 2,015
    The backing of his post-Interstellar project proves to be difficult, the shooting has been delayed, but I'm not sure it means he can be involved in Bond 24 in the meantime.
    Kanye West doing the title song? I do sincerely hope somebody is taking the mickey, as it would be a disastrous choice. They should that rapshyte to the competition of the 007 franchise.
    The backing of his post-Interstellar project proves to be difficult, the shooting has been delayed, but I'm not sure it means he can be involved in Bond 24 in the meantime.

What is this project you are talking about?
    What about Björnsson as a henchman? Most likely a pure rumour, unfortunately.
    Boy, I sure hope the Kanye rumor stays in the trash bin. He's really the last artist I would think of when I think of Bond title songs.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    SaintMark wrote: »
    Kanye West doing the title song? I do sincerely hope somebody is taking the mickey, as it would be a disastrous choice. They should that rapshyte to the competition of the 007 franchise.

This.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 2014 Posts: 13,978
    Well there's no chance Kanye will lend vocals as 'rap music' has no place in the Bondiverse. People seem to think the notion of Kanye doing the Bond theme would mean him providing the vocals. He does also produce music for others, and I'd be curious to hear what he can lay down for an artist. However, if we were to venture down that avenue, I'd much rather Pharrell produce. On that note, I don't want them to (and highly doubt they will) go that route- I think Haim would knock out a killer theme, and here's a little bit of useless trivia: In their collabo with Major Lazer, You're No Good, Haim sings the line "It's for your eyes only, living for you solely..".
    Another Way to Die was a disastrous Bond theme so please no Kanye West or "urban-style" genre artist. More Adele or another artist capable of delivering a classic Bond theme please.
    GOLDFRAPP would be an inspired choice. They were rumored to do the theme song for CR back in 2006.
    http://www.hitfix.com/in-contention/her-cinematographer-hoyte-van-hoytema-to-fill-roger-deakins-shoes-on-sam-mendes-bond-24

Hoyte Van Hoytema (there's a Bond villain name if I eve heard one) might be the cinematographer for Bond 24.

Good news. Really good.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Already on the Timeline thread @dragonsky! Good news indeed.
    GOLDFRAPP would be an inspired choice. They were rumored to do the theme song for CR back in 2006.

Nah. Like Portishead, Massive Attack and those types, they would have been brilliant choices back in the 90s, but their moment has passed.
    I'd rather have Barbra Streisand.
  • SaintMark wrote: »

Quite a good idea! Problem is, for everything we know about her she would demand a zillion dollars just to make the ride to the studio,let alone do PR stints.
    Matt_Helm wrote: »
    SaintMark wrote: »

Quite a good idea! Problem is, for everything we know about her she would demand a zillion dollars just to make the ride to the studio,let alone do PR stints.

Let her sing the song and let the song do the PR for itself, which it probably could easily do. Between her and Newman it would almost be a another oscar nomination.
    ;)
    Just heard former MP John Presscott has bagged the ICONIC Henchman role for Bond 24!!!! :-O
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Just heard former MP John Presscott has bagged the ICONIC Henchman role for Bond 24!!!! :-O
    Alright, let's hear a source on that one. ;)
    That would be bizarre in the extreme
    SJK91 wrote: »
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Alright, let's hear a source on that one. ;)

Wish i could? It was slipped under my door in a sealed envelope! B-)
  • I don't know who in this bin suggested it, but I am happy to say that I predicted the general storyline of this film back in January 2013.

mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/5260/history-repeating-possibly-in-bond-24#latest
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited February 2015 Posts: 4,450
    So it look like the part that should go to Chiwetel Ejiofor go to French speaking Belgium actor Marc Zinga http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=11667&t=mi6&s=news

PHO1ba0c4e0-ab76-11e4-aac7-ce7e0004ebe3-805x453.jpg

Mabey there deside that chacter must speak French afterall with Lea Sedoux in mind.
    Samuel001 wrote: »

I just noticed this no I was not joking I have a few friends who work In the industry some of the things I hear wind up being legit and some are well not but it is what it is.

If I hear anything more I will let you know. One thing that is humerous I have asked Bassist of yes Chris Squire to write a bond theme as I do love yes and he said "I will look into it" I doubt they will do it but meh

Right now just enjoying my honeymoon

Ok I seriously can not say that word without thinking of benico del toro in Licence to kill
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 4,622
    You know Chris Squire!?
    Great stuff! That bassist, that band is legend!
    I've got lots of Yes albums.

Sure, a Yes treatment of the Bond theme would be real interesting.

Noticed I did my 3000th post.
    Congratulations to me. <:-P
    Congrats Timmer and yeah I know all of the current members of yes Geoff Chris Steve Alan Jon.

I dunno add some orchestration change up the lyrics and you got a good theme for Spectre

Also yes covering the bond theme would also be good

Funny story this past summer I brought this up to all of yes and referenced Spirit of Survival a song off their Magnifcation album and the guitarist Steve Howe turns to me and goes yeah we did have John Barryesque sound on that very the living daylights if you ask me.

So who knows