DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    'Ben Affleck’s Batman future in doubt as WB reportedly plans for his DCEU exit'

http://collider.com/ben-affleck-batman-exit-dceu/
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Well damn. Going from all those plans to star/produce/direct after BvS to almost no connection to the series as a whole. That's wild.
    Damn. I wanted to see more of Batfleck without any other superhero cramping his style or sharing any screentime with bats.

But if BvS, SS and Justice League are only films we see his Batman, his talents were wasted. I would want to see more of his Batman.

Well, maybe they'll cast Josh Brolin as his replacement.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I loved Shazam as a kid. Really hope this will be good.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Bullshit. I don't trust any site that has Campea attached.

The article sites that a sign that Affleck could leave stems from his script not being used for the Batman film, which is bogus. Reeves just wanted to follow his own vision, and wanted to do it his way as director. He and Ben would still work on the story, as they were brought together as a team in the event that Ben couldn't do it all by himself. None of that implies that Ben would be out of the picture, or need to be recast.

They'll need to give more evidence to support this crazy rumor. If Ben will be at Comic-Con I expect him to face these questions head on, as he's not the kind for bullshit or rumors being made around him. If he did leave, for whatever reason, WB would be losing their golden ticket, character wise, as Batman is the one that makes the money. After that, it'd all be on Wonder Woman. But I'm not going to jump on all this hearsay as fact from a hack site such as Collider which seems to have a movie gossip wing instead of a journalistic one now.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited July 2017 Posts: 1,257
    Love this, getting an Alex Ross vibe.

1500x500
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

The article sites that a sign that Affleck could leave stems from his script not being used for the Batman film, which is bogus. Reeves just wanted to follow his own vision, and wanted to do it his way as director. He and Ben would still work on the story, as they were brought together as a team in the event that Ben couldn't do it all by himself. None of that implies that Ben would be out of the picture, or need to be recast.

They'll need to give more evidence to support this crazy rumor. If Ben will be at Comic-Con I expect him to face these questions head on, as he's not the kind for bullshit or rumors being made around him. If he did leave, for whatever reason, WB would be losing their golden ticket, character wise, as Batman is the one that makes the money. After that, it'd all be on Wonder Woman. But I'm not going to jump on all this hearsay as fact from a hack site such as Collider which seems to have a movie gossip wing instead of a journalistic one now.

Wasn't it the Hollywood Reporter that first broke the news?

@doubleoego I believe so
    doubleoego wrote: »

Wasn't it the Hollywood Reporter that first broke the news?

I do believe it was. A large majority of these breaking bits of news surrounding the DC Universe have almost always panned out, so I won't be surprised if it happens. The question is: why? Was Affleck really THAT bad in the role? I mean, BvS was terrible, don't get me wrong, but I had no issues with him as an actor in it.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yeah, aside from the mischaracterisation Affleck was a really good Bruce/Batman and I'd like to see more of him but portrayed closer to how the character should be.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I wouldn't be surprised if Affleck is out. He just arrived in the wrong way. Incorporating Batman into the broader universe was always going to be tricky (he's much better as a standalone imho), and they really should have rebooted him first in his own movie. In a way, Batman has fallen on his sword (cape?) in this iteration to create the broader DC universe.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 4,813

Also, Affleck is NOT out
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I liked the reference to the Lanterns, and it's nice to see Alfred's still great. Aquaman being badass is more funny than the Flash's forced jokes, except when the League just disappears and he doesn't. Also, nice to see Flash's speed depicted as speed, as opposed to looking like electricity.

Also, the "wind up penguins" joke was just f*cking amazing.
    Is amphetamine the secret behind Barry Allen s powers?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Also, Affleck is NOT out
    Pity. He's damaged goods as far as I'm concerned.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    He tweeted today about how lucky he is but it's far from an absolute confirmation that he's staying.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 1,257
    Here's a summary of what happened during today's panel:

New logos briefly shown for:
    SHAZAM
    SUICIDE SQUAD 2
    THE BATMAN
    JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK
    FLASH POINT
    WONDER WOMAN 2
    GREEN LANTERN CORPS
    BATGIRL

No release dates offered for these films or any info at all for that matter, but I suppose this is our new slate.

Then a video from James Wan discussing Aquaman and showing some concept art, followed by a clip from the film:
    It begins on the ocean with two old fishermen. They're listening to the radio and suddenly it looks like they have a bite. But it's not a fish. It's something big moving under them. The camera pulls back and we see that there are enormous underwater ships moving beneath the tiny fishing boat. One of them even has a shark fin that sticks out of the water. The fishermen are speechless. The camera goes under the water and we see that there are HUNDREDS of ships and armored men riding sharks. The scene cuts to Aquaman himself, standing with his trident. "You don't want to maybe talk this over?" he says to an offscreen opponent. "Yeah," he smiles. "Me neither."

JL cast then comes out, minus Cavill.

Affleck makes a statement indicating he is still on board, at very least for Matt Reeves' film:

Then of course the JL tailer;

Finally some various Q&A with the cast, including a question from a little kid who asked about Superman being in the movie. "Kid," Momoa glares, "I don't know if your parents told you, but Superman is dead!"
    Meanwhile, at the CW :

• edited July 2017 Posts: 5,767
    Finally some various Q&A with the cast, including a question from a little kid who asked about Superman being in the movie. "Kid," Momoa glares, "I don't know if your parents told you, but Superman is dead!"
    I´m just glad I´m not that kid. He must be traumatised for life, being told that by a glaring Jason Momoa :-))!

tumblr_otim4iUlUx1r00543o3_r2_400.gif
    What´s that supposed to mean?
    tumblr_otim4iUlUx1r00543o3_r2_400.gif

Is that The Devil?

Is that The Devil?

LOL!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The trailer stills I've seen look cool, but I'm not looking at a single bit of promotion for JLA until November. I would much rather go into a film not knowing anything, and in a way I think I'll be more surprised if the movie is good by doing so. Recent trailers, like those for Homecoming, over-shared too much and after a while the experience is hampered when you can predict the plot based on what you see in the ads.

The new title of the Flash film is intriguing. Does this mean we'll see Jeffrey Dean Morgan's Thomas Wayne as Batman? I think I need that in my life.

21758e9b7445c739695364cf29043dcf.gif
    I KNEW he was too big to cast just for a cameo in BvS! I'm sure he'll be Batman now!!!
    Exciting times!
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I´m just glad I´m not that kid. He must be traumatised for life, being told that by a glaring Jason Momoa :-))!

I KNEW he was too big to cast just for a cameo in BvS! I'm sure he'll be Batman now!!!
    Exciting times!

@Master_Dahark, Jeffrey and Snyder really seem to get on, at the very least. Seeing him in BvS seemed like there was more to it, but I don't think the idea of a Flash Point story was really thought of at the time, and only came about naturally (though we can't be sure). I loved him in Watchmen, and I think he's got the chops and presence to play a very dark and vengeful Thomas in the future. That would be absolutely wild to see, to say the least. The great thing about the Flash films is that they could explore variations in time where anything the writers wanted could happen in the multiverses.

jeffrey_dean_batman_by_evelius-d6l5s4z.png
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Anyone else think the Comic old cop who chases Batman with his young rookie in TDKR was a reference to Clifton James in the Bond franchise?
    Anyone else think the Comic old cop who chases Batman with his young rookie in TDKR was a reference to Clifton James in the Bond franchise?

I'd say that's too specific a reference to be true. Cinema is full of comic relief cops, or comic relief characters in general who act goofy or appear wide-eyed in the face of the hero to make them seem all the more amazing in contrast.

If the cop in TDKR suddenly started slurring white people by calling Batman a "crazy cracker" or started blurting out Batman's secret identity to the rest of the cops, then we'd have some confirmation that is was a definite tribute to the Louisiana sheriff, but otherwise the guy is just another brief extra in a big blockbuster to me.
    'Justice League' reshoots cost headaches, and will lead to the CG removal of Cavill's mustache, thanks to his 'Mission: Impossible 6' schedule:

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/justice-league-reshoots-1202502433/