DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

• Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited May 2017 Posts: 1,257
    So the review embargo on Wonder Woman has finally lifted and I think I'm finally allowed to say this: I saw a test screening of Wonder Woman back in October of last year. According to the team running the screening, apparently my group was one of, if not the very first public audiences in the world to see the film. It was such a cool experience and if you have any interest or curiosity about the film making process, try to attend a test screening. Its incredibly enlightening.

As for the film itself, it is definitely the most rounded DCEU film yet, and I even say that having seen the film without completed effects or even a tailor-made score. Wonder Woman has some great action, some fantastic comedy, and plenty of heart, and I believe these three components are necessary to make good comic book movies.

When I left the theater, I was completely smitten with Gal Gadot. She is so endearing and lovable in this movie. Her physical acting and expressions are terrific. I loved the fish-out-of-water scenes when she arrives in London. I even think, for the most part, her line deliveries were pretty good too.

I only had one major criticism. I won't mention it since it contains spoilers, but it does seem like they may have at least addressed my issues with re-shoots (based on what i read and what I have seen in later trailers).

Some smaller criticisms:

-Its clear that Patty Jenkins was inspired by Zack Snyder's love of slow motion. I feel it was used too often and not as well as Snyder's applications.

-I was distracted by some of the fake accents.

-Some small plot lines were never explained. I'm hoping they listened to test audiences and plugged up some holes.

There's some more thoughts I'd like to give, but I don't want to reveal too much before people get a chance to see the film.

All in all, this a good film, not a masterpiece or groundbreaking film, but a film that I does the character justice.

As it stands now, I giver Wonder Woman an ~8.2 out of 10. I wouldn't be surprised if the score goes up after I see it again on Thurs night with completed effects and an actual score rather than place holder music.

For comparison,
    Man of Steel ~8.4 out 10
    Batman v Superman ~7.5 out 10
    Suicide Squad ~3 out of 10
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    ^ Thanks for sharing that.

6shNZdC.jpg

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Ha ha, do you have more of those?
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Avoiding any WW non spoilers a so called non spoiler comment hinted at something that is easy to figure out gr.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'll be back around this thread whenever I see the film, but I'm not risking anything at this juncture.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Ha ha, do you have more of those?

Unfortunately no. I found it by chance.
    There are a bunch- just google 'super antics'.

My favorites are the one with Superman and a bullet in his ear and when he drops Lois from laughing too hard mid flight
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    'Wonder Woman' extended featurette:

Hearing comparisons to the first Captain America and Donner's Superman. Just what I was hoping for.
    cbr.com/wonder-woman-movie-banned-lebanon/

One word comes to mind : Idiots !
    Just came from seeing Wonder Woman and it is very much like Marvel's Captain America : The First Avenger. Which is good. Easily the best dc film since Nolan's Batman trilogy.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited May 2017 Posts: 8,113
    Does anyone remember back when Christian Bale did his interviews with an american accent?

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Just out of Wonder Woman and it is truly superb.

Some questionable CGI at points but overall, a really bloody good film.

Gadot is great in it, and so is Pine.
    edited June 2017 Posts: 40,492
    Doesn't sound like a full American accent to me, @Mendes4Lyfe. Perhaps he was still stuck in the character of Bruce Wayne while doing press for the series.

EDIT: He actually sounds a lot more American in the interview for 'Batman Begins' than he does in the one for TDK.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Gerard wrote: »
    cbr.com/wonder-woman-movie-banned-lebanon/

One word comes to mind : Idiots !
    Yes, congrats to Lebanon for becoming the official laughing stock of the world.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    This comes out shortly. Hot Toys 1/6 scale. About $235.
    XvkFBac.jpg
    spy7vbp.jpg
    3K7XMdA.jpg
    9bWV8h3.jpg
    9GKb7ea.jpg
    If the scale only was 1:1.
    To me, that looks more like Liv Tyler than Gal Gadot.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

And made of wood. ;)
  • RC7RC7
    No one needs or wants this to happens .

And made of wood. ;)

Oh God!
    The greatest superhero movie of all time is Superman II (1980). My grade: A. Gene Hackman's Lex Luthor is the greatest villain in movie history.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Robertson wrote: »
    The greatest superhero movie of all time is Superman II (1980). My grade: A. Gene Hackman's Lex Luthor is the greatest villain in movie history.
    It's been ages since I've watched this film. I used to like it a lot when younger (I much preferred it to the first one). I remember thinking it was great that Supes had to fight villains with similar powers. It made it more interesting. I think I'm due for another viewing soon.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Superman The Movie is still my favouraite super hero film, It's timeless the first two act's are epic even before Clark/Kal El becomes Superman think I'll watch it tonight after the football.
    Too bad Gene didn't agree to do Superman III. Vaughn and his character were a poor substitute. Strange Gene agreed to Superman IV: The Quest for Peace.
    Hackman went through a phase of taking pay checks during the late 80's, I am not sure Gene was even considered for Superman III.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Hackman wouldn't do Superman III because of Richard Donner being fired from Superman II. He also refused to do reshoots on Superman II, and was played by a body double in a few scenes.
    I luve Superman III and its villains
    Didn't mind Pryor. Vaughn ruined Superman III.