SKYFALL: FANS' REACTIONS - GUARANTEED SPOILERS

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited February 2013 Posts: 17,694
    Tuulia wrote:
    Nice to know you liked something in Skyfall, @chrisisall. ;)

Well, the photography was splendid, Silva was 100% creepy, the action, while a little plentiful, was good, the hand to hand was superb ... I guess my main problems were mostly script related. :))
    Germanlady wrote:
    Yes indeed, he has couple of locked threads to his name - 6 or 7?

Play nice :-*
  • hoppimikehoppimike Kent, UK
    'Tis only my opinion (my last post) :)

Better to express it than bottle it up! I understand I haven't seen as many Bond films as many/most of you though.
    hoppimike wrote:

Better to express it than bottle it up! I understand I haven't seen as many Bond films as many/most of you though.

I think you'll find everyone here has seen all the Bond films, several times over.
    Your last post in this thread, or on this forum?
    Getafix wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    0013 wrote:
    What you call stupid, I'll say it's heroic...
    Gauls vs. Caesar's legions
    England alone vs. Nazi Germany
    Ewoks vs. elite stormtroopers
    Hobbits vs. orcs

Bond could have done away handily with them with MI6 help. But they couldn't because of the SCRIPT. It was a Home Alone adult clone.
    On a better note, just finished TLD- wow, what a FANTASTIC Bond movie!!!!!!

I know, I love the way all the nonsense with the plot in SF is explained away as if no one had actually thought about it - almost as if the events in the film were pre-existing facts that had to be worked around rather than what they are - the catastrophically inept blunderings of Mssrs Purvis and Wade.

At least we still have TLD... Sometimes I really try to believe that the DC era represents a return to form and then I watch a classic film like TLD and realise it's just not true. My main consellation is that the films are better than during the Brosnan era and DC is a decent Bond. I just really hope he gets a cracking script and direction for the next one.

TLD is a decent Bond film, but not as good as either CR or SF. I don't like Dalton's performance as much as the way he plays Bond in LTK, which is a far better film, IMO.
    hoppimike wrote:

I think you'll find everyone here has seen all the Bond films, several times over.
    Your last post in this thread, or on this forum?

No I meant that was in reference to my last post.

But I dunno, I'm sure some have seen them all, some not.

It's a cool series though, which is why I joined ^^
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I would go as far to say that I'm pretty sure 99% of the frequent posters here have seen every Bond film at least one time.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I would go as far to say that I'm pretty sure 99% of the frequent posters here have seen every Bond film at least one time.

Exactly!
  • I've found that you form a completely different appreciation and idea of what Bond is once you've seen all the Bond films.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 6,601
    JBFan626 wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    Yes indeed, he has couple of locked threads to his name - 6 or 7?

Play nice :-*

I do. This IS my nice face :D Don't wanna hurt the kid. He might get nightmares ;)

One question I am asking myself though - would you guys back him up, if he spread his ***** around his LOVE for SF? I VERY highly doubt it, because his supporters are all in the SF dislike camp.
    Still seems a bit elitist to me.

As I say, I bet 90% of the people reviewing Skyfall even on IMDb have not seen all the Bond films, let alone Rotten Tomatoes :)
    hoppimike wrote:

As I say, I bet 90% of the people reviewing Skyfall even on IMDb have not seen all the Bond films, let alone Rotten Tomatoes :)

Kiddo, I am not sure, attacking is the right thing to do for you. Keep on playing the nice, naive and innocent puppy and the big dogs will protect you :)

Germanlady wrote:
    hoppimike wrote:

Kiddo, I am not sure, attacking is the right thing to do for you. Keep on playing the nice, naive and innocent puppy and the big dogs will protect you :)

What on Earth are you talking about lol
    Yeah - lol. Its always good to end a sentence with lol..we all did, when - back then, in the good ole times - the abbreviations started.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 908
    Germanlady wrote:
    hoppimike wrote:

To me his behaviour , reactions and his Analysis of SF as well seem Way more mature than yours. Also let me tell you what i have told this Jet Set Willy Guy: there is no Need to have seen all the Movies or to have read the novels to recognize SF's Script as an insultment to ANY thinking Human older than Ten!

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/5718/im-currently-watching-edge-of-darkness-directed-by-martin-campbell#Item_3
    Good for you!
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/63/last-movie-you-watched/p1
    Now please stop creating these random threads!

THIS really is very mature indeed. Don't you realize, that he is just fooling around to see, how far he can go without being TOO obviously a troll?
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/5713/i-wish-when-i-said-where-i-worked-it-sounded-as-cool-as-james-bond#Item_9
    @hoppimike
    This is spam. Expect your first PM from the mod team.

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/5709/your-top-5-films-of-all-time#Item_4
    We have a search function that actually works @hoppimike . Before making new topics, please use it, to search for an existing thread.
    Many thanks.

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/5704/is-spooks-any-good#Item_9
    This is a James Bond forum, @hoppimike! We're not going to keep a gazillion threads about Spooks running; even if they are 'slightly' different.
  • I think hoppimike would be better off at ajb007.

Now while mi6-hq has more activity on it, it is also a highly strung website, quite a bit of bullying against newcomers and this is a prime example of it, and I agree that really you just can't stand anyone dissing your lovely new film, you're like members of a personality cult frankly.

I got this when I joined some years back. I was praising OHMSS, saying that unlike other films such as Goldfinger, it hadn't dated at all because most of the settings were non-urban, whereas the hats and suits in the last section of GF showed it up a bit. And I got a load of grief from someone saying that because GF showed its age, it didn't make it the lesser film and how very dare I or words to that effect. Really banged on about it.

Yeah, I've seen every Bond film several times over, well, save the last three, and I think SF has serious problems but jetsetwilly and Germanlady are gonna come down like a ton of bricks on anyone who says that, so there we go.
    @Napoleon - he has his supporters, doesn't he, so our bricks are unlikely to hurt him. I am not complaining about the SF dislike, I clearly feel, this guy is a troll, who STILL tries to cover it up, that's why...he plays us off and that's what i dislike. Time will maybe proof me right.
  • To me his behaviour , reactions and his Analysis of SF as well seem Way more mature than yours. Also let me tell you what i have told this Jet Set Willy Guy: there is no Need to have seen all the Movies or to have read the novels to recognize SF's Script as an insultment to ANY thinking Human older than Ten!
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    To me his behaviour , reactions and his Analysis of SF as well seem Way more mature than yours. Also let me tell you what i have told this Jet Set Willy Guy: there is no Need to have seen all the Movies or to have read the novels to recognize SF's Script as an insultment to ANY thinking Human older than Ten!

Yes, you already said so, three posts or so above. IF instead, you could refer to what I was REALLY saying, we might have a valid conversation. He is a troll in my eyes and not because he doesn't like SF.
    You guys are so happy with every new voice hating the film, that you are blind for everything else. That's biased, too, no? Besides, i am by far not the only one voicing some ??? with him.

In the end, we will have all the SF "hater" (for a beter word) hating on me, which will only prove, that it doesn't matter, what anyody says and how, as long as he disliks SF.

This is as far as I am prepared to go with this. I will stay away from him and you can continue your love affair with the hoppi :)
  • Kiddo, I am not sure, attacking is the right thing to do for you. Keep on playing the nice, naive and innocent puppy and the big dogs will protect you

How about that one? If this is Not patronizing and ridiculing, then what?
    Well, I do understand that having a go at Skyfall probably wasn't the best way to fit in here :)

I had to express my opinion though.. I'm not really one to hold my tongue if I feel like what I want to say has value!

Anyway erm, not really much else to say on this as such other than we'll have to agree to disagree. I'll watch more Bond films for sure, but I think I'm entitled to an opinion regardless. I understand the argument on both sides though even from my position here, as I've pretty much been on both sides myself in other cases :)
  • RC7RC7
    @Germanlady is a DC fan first and a Bond fan second. So I'd take any criticism with a pinch of salt, although really I just wouldn't get involved. Those who came here because of Bond, regardless of how many they've seen, shouldn't be driven out - although it appears to be the SF death squad on duty for most of it. The rest of us are ambivalent I'm sure. I wonder if a staunch DAD-hater would have been met with such derision? Quite frankly I'm bored of hearing the same old shit from people treating Bond like it is now the pinnacle of art-house cinema. Pull your heads out of your arses guys and let's get back to having a laugh.
    RC7 wrote:
    @Germanlady is a DC fan first and a Bond fan second. So I'd take any criticism with a pinch of salt, although really I just wouldn't get involved. Those who came here because of Bond, regardless of how many they've seen, shouldn't be driven out - although it appears to be the SF death squad on duty for most of it. The rest of us are ambivalent I'm sure. I wonder if a staunch DAD-hater would have been met with such derision? Quite frankly I'm bored of hearing the same old shit from people treating Bond like it is now the pinnacle of art-house cinema. Pull your heads out of your arses guys and let's get back to having a laugh.

..or a SF lover getting any defense from you. There's always two sides to a coin, you know.
    But fine, lets laugh.
    Matt_Helm wrote:

Judi Dench is ten at most? Wow, could have fooled me... Not that she or Craig, Bardem and Fiennes would actually know anything about scripts, of course (all four have gone on record saying the script was great). Naturally you and some other posters here know far more about scripts.
  • Tuulia wrote:
    Matt_Helm wrote:

Judi Dench is ten at most? Wow, could have fooled me... Not that she or Craig, Bardem and Fiennes would actually know anything about scripts, of course (all four have gone on record saying the script was great). Naturally you and some other posters here know far more about scripts.

Could be,or maybe it is only because we don't get paid millions to claim everything is smelling rosy, when a Ton of crap has already hit the fan.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 2,081
    ^^ But of course, because they don't share your view, they must say what they say because they're paid. All respected, successful actors with hardly any shortage of money anyway - and liars and money whores? Right... And why would they even bother to specifically mention the script when not being asked about it? Because they like lying through their teeth so much? On some sites I've even seen some people claim that those who write positive reviews there (IMdb, Amazon) or movie critics who praise the film etc. all must do so because they're paid to do so. That's some serious trust in one's own opinion being the only truth. ;) (Of course, if it is so, then after they've all been paid there won't be any money left to make the next movie. :( )
    Matt, that is too easy a way out. I think, we can agree , that ALL of them are financially secured, have a certain degree of actors actor attached to their name (which by far not all have - meaning they are viewed as serious actors) and I don't think, that they put money higher then their reputation. Certainly not anymore. Obviously ALL of them, including Sam etc saw something here, that would make for a beautiful music.

It is MY honest belief, that the excecution of what was given by the script is the crucial factor. Plot holes or whatever some claim was wrong steps behind, because we got a highly entertaining, wonderfully excecuted film, that had a flow and emotion and many more elements, that made it a great piece of entertainment. I absolutely belief, this this is what made the film so successful. Not the fact, that everybody was too stupid to not see certain ?? in the plot, but the magic they wove to make it feel unimportant, because it worked so well as a whole.

^^ Oh yes. :)
  • Alright! When exactly was the Last Time you have heard an actor,Director ...whatever complain about the quality of ...you Name it when they are on Promotion Tour? At the Time Cowboys and Aliens came out Mr Craig was telling every Interviewer how intresting he found the Script when they send it to him. This either tells us he doesn't know spit when it comes to the quality of scripts or he is a flat out lier. And about the Magic you mention - I don't feel it and so do quite a number of People. I happen to think,that NO Movie starring a Hero,which braggs to a Girl how he is able to protect her and then -when Push comes to shove- doesn't even lifts his little Finger to helph her and is tasteless enough to complain about a waste of good Scotch, breathes anything that resembles Magic.