SKYFALL: FANS' REACTIONS - GUARANTEED SPOILERS

Comments

• I love this review. The guy is a bit like me LOL: Hyperactive, to put it mildly:

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    Alright! When exactly was the Last Time you have heard an actor,Director ...whatever complain about the quality of ...you Name it when they are on Promotion Tour? At the Time Cowboys and Aliens came out Mr Craig was telling every Interviewer how intresting he found the Script when they send it to him. This either tells us he doesn't know spit when it comes to the quality of scripts or he is a flat out lier. And about the Magic you mention - I don't feel it and so do quite a number of People. I happen to think,that NO Movie starring a Hero,which braggs to a Girl how he is able to protect her and then -when Push comes to shove- doesn't even lifts his little Finger to helph her and is tasteless enough to complain about a waste of good Scotch, breathes anything that resembles Magic.

Want to see your reasoning crumbling down? Look at Dream House. Craig was paid to do it, but he found the end result so bad that he refused to promote the film. Weisz did the same, and the director asked to have his name removed from the credits. How about that?
  • Wow! That Movie must have been BAD, but it doesn't explain his cheering about Cowboys an Indians and my reasoning and clearly i would expect the contracts EON lets his Actors sign to prevent anything resembling a "Revolution" in that Way so i don't feel your Argument is really holding water.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 6,601
    NOTHING ANYBODY could say, would hold any water for you. Lets say, the world population has got increasingly younger during the last few weeks, simce everybody with a brain of more then a ten year old would have hated the film as much as you do.
    Suppose, they were all brainwashed by the Broccolis. "Brave new world"
  • RC7RC7
    I love this review. The guy is a bit like me LOL: Hyperactive, to put it mildly:

I give this guy 90 seconds at a London bar before someone tells him to shut up. His voice is like an 8 year old with ADHD.

Why do people insist on doing video reviews where they just tell you exactly what happens, and nothing to make you think?

Anyone who uses the logic 'It's dark like CR, so CR fans will love it, and it's got old Bond stuff, so old Bond fans will love it' is certainly working on a different level to me. If only I could think about things in such simple terms, my life would be like my dogs. Cosume. Shit. Sleep. Don't Think.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 2,081
    Germanlady wrote:
    NOTHING ANYBODY could say, would hold any water for you. Lets say, the world population has got increasingly younger during the last few weeks, simce everybody with a brain of more then a ten year old would have hated the film as much as you do.

:P

Matt, there certainly is no point starting another explanation about the waste-of-good-Scotch line, that has been addressed several times by now, and anyway, it IS just one line in the script. I remember Daniel saying he thought the CR script was great and that the SF script was great - he didn't say the QoS one was, hmmm... EON must have had different rules in his contract for that film, right?

I have no problem with people having different opinions and liking or disliking different things, but I do have a problem with those that say anyone who disagrees with them - fellow-posters, actors, directors, anyone is either retarded or just paid to say what they say.

@Sandy, I was under the impression that the main problem was that the trailer revealed basically the whole plot, but I wasn't really following, so I maybe I got it wrong. Daniel has appeared in worse films, but I don't know of any other he would have refused to promote. Admittedly not a great movie, but hardly that bad, either. Should have been a lot better, obviously, considering the potential with those people, but still... *shrug*
    RC7 wrote:
    I love this review. The guy is a bit like me LOL: Hyperactive, to put it mildly:

I give this guy 90 seconds at a London bar before someone tells him to shut up. His voice is like an 8 year old with ADHD.

Why do people insist on doing video reviews where they just tell you exactly what happens, and nothing to make you think?

Anyone who uses the logic 'It's dark like CR, so CR fans will love it, and it's got old Bond stuff, so old Bond fans will love it' is certainly working on a different level to me. If only I could think about things in such simple terms, my life would be like my dogs. Cosume. Shit. Sleep. Don't Think.

When I listen to it, he offers explicit thoughts about WHY he thinks this is so and so. Its well explained why his point of view is the way it is.
  • RC7RC7
    edited February 2013 Posts: 10,512
    Germanlady wrote:
    RC7 wrote:

When I listen to it, he offers explicit thoughts about WHY he thinks this is so and so. Its well explained why his point of view is the way it is.

It tells me absolutely nothing I haven't heard already, or can't see for myself. That's the problem with a lot of these turds. It's why I like Calvin Dyson's reviews, he doesn't necessarily have the polish of this numbnuts but I believe every word he says, whether I agree with him or not. He doesn't follow any trend, he just says exactly what he thinks. This guy's review is so impersonal, it's just an amalgam of everything you hear everyone else say. 'It's like TDK Bond' - thanks for that one mate.
  • Tuulia wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

Matt, there certainly is no point starting another explanation about the waste-of-good-Scotch line, that has been addressed several times by now, and anyway, it IS just one line in the script. I remember Daniel saying he thought the CR script was great and that the SF script was great - he didn't say the QoS one was, hmmm... EON must have had different rules in his contract for that film, right?

I have no problem with people having different opinions and liking or disliking different things, but I do have a problem with those that say anyone who disagrees with them - fellow-posters, actors, directors, anyone is either retarded or just paid to say what they say.

So what Explantation have you got concerning his appreciation for the Cowboys and Indians Script?
    By the Way. When they were on the QoS Promo Tour he constantly mentioned that he and Forster were forced to work on the script themselfs but that they were very satisfied with it and the final result (as they had every right to do because QoS Story - with all of its weaknesses- is lightyears ahead of SFs)
    I don't get that vibe from him at all - he seems very genuine in his excitement and liking.
    But I forgot - everybody, who likes this film is either deranged or doesn't tell the truth.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    to recognize SF's Script as an insultment to ANY thinking Human older than Ten!

People in glass houses....

Probably best to master the English language before you start slagging people off.

In other respects you are correct. The SF script is not the work of genius we were led to believe. This fact is covered up by having rather more polished dialogue than usual and superb actors in every role but the plot is no less full of holes than the average Bond film.

Swap the casts and directors of say TWINE or TND with the SF cast and Mendes and it would be those films that would be heralded as 'great' Bond films and SF as a run of the mill, by the numbers Bond film.

SF is a really good Bond film because it has very good talent in all departments but the script is nothing that outstanding like DC, Mendes and Judi have claimed.
  • RC7RC7
    Germanlady wrote:
    I don't get that vibe from him at all - he seems very genuine in his excitement and liking.
    But I forgot - everybody, who likes this film is either deranged or doesn't tell the truth.

His style is just so ubiquitous and he's forever generalising. Like I say, a Dyson review is authentic, this is just some wannabe, ten-a-penny yank, 'Hey look at me, I'm craaaazy'. If it was actually a good review I'd give it some credence. And you have to remember, some of us here like SF (I've seen it 3 times in the last week on Blu-Ray) but don't have to get down on all fours and suck it off every time we hit the forum.
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    Tuulia wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

So what Explantation have you got concerning his appreciation for the Cowboys and Indians Script?
    By the Way. When they were on the QoS Promo Tour he constantly mentioned that he and Forster were forced to work on the script themselfs but that they were very satisfied with it and the final result (as they had every right to do because QoS Story - with all of its weaknesses- is lightyears ahead of SFs)

Durint QOS promotion, he NEVER once mentioned, how they were forced to work on the script. It all came out later or in tidbits in the WRITTEN reports. WHAT he said was, that is looks beautiful, it feels beautiful. They sorta talked around the script issues. Only now, all the issues were addressed by and by.

Reg C&A - what they talked about was, that they decided to play it straight, which brought Daniel into the seat and that is was an interesting mix, that was a challöenge to get right. Well they didn't. The audiences paid tribute to that fact with 160 mill worldwide.
    I haven't seen them doing the same with SF.

RC7 wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

His style is just so ubiquitous and he's forever generalising. Like I say, a Dyson review is authentic, this is just some wannabe, ten-a-penny yank, 'Hey look at me, I'm craaaazy'. If it was actually a good review I'd give it some credence. And you have to remember, some of us here like SF (I've seen it 3 times in the last week on Blu-Ray) but don't have to get down on all fours and suck it off every time we hit the forum.

Nobody expects you to. There is a lot fo generalsing going on here as well.
    I don't see tis review like you do. For me its genine and he give reasons, WHY he thinks so. Nothing more is needed.
    Haven't read that Dyson, but I suppose, he is negative.
  • RC7RC7
    Germanlady wrote:

No, he loves SF. You should check it out. It'll give you shivers.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Good god you are all getting bloody annoying.

Whine, whine, whine, blah, blah, blah, cry, cry, cry. It would be great to have some intelligent discussion with you lot on Skyfall, but instead all I see are new pages filled not with intriguing arguments and posts, but comment after comment arguing with each other. Pathetic, truly pathetic.
    ^^ I know, and I agree. Sorry. Shouldn't have said anything.
    RC7 wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

Can you give me the link, please. Guess its here, but...

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Tuulia wrote:
    ^^ I know, and I agree. Sorry. Shouldn't have said anything.

You weren't one of the major shout fests I was referring to, but thank you for understanding my livid disposition. :)
    Germanlady wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

Can you give me the link, please. Guess its here, but...

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Calvin likes this movie more than I do. :))
    Follow the link at the end to his 'official' review though, more professional!
    I thought Bond handled the first Silva confrontation well, the "what makes you think this is my first time" line was just calling his bluff.

By the way, am I right in thinking Skyfall was the first EVER Bond film that Bond actually gets shot?
  • hoppimikehoppimike Kent, UK
    Trigger wrote:
    I thought Bond handled the first Silva confrontation well, the "what makes you think this is my first time" line was just calling his bluff.

By the way, am I right in thinking Skyfall was the first EVER Bond film that Bond actually gets shot?

hm, and twice at that lol O.O
    Trigger wrote:
    He got one in the ankle in TB.

• hoppimikehoppimike Kent, UK
    Brosnan's Bond movies in the 90's though were way too clean for that stuff. The bullets probably curve away when they come near him xD
    edited February 2013 Posts: 28,694
    chrisisall wrote:
    Trigger wrote:
    He got one in the ankle in TB.

I was just about to say that.
    hoppimike wrote:
    Brosnan's Bond movies in the 90's though were way too clean for that stuff. The bullets probably curve away when they come near him xD
    Clean? Brosnan has the highest kill count and debatably, destruction.
  • Actually, Willis was less than enthused about the title of his latest movie on the junket tour...

But that's an exception...!

I will concede that there is a lot of praise for this film, and from wholly credible sources. UK film critic Barry Norman has said it is the best Bond ever, and one of his top 50 UK films. Ever. And I do like Norman (just realised his name is a composite of Monty Norman and John Barry - maybe that has something to do with it) but I just cannot see it, and it's not like I have no arguments to make on it. But maybe I am just reading the film wrongly, I don't know.

I can see that like GE and even DAD in a way, it has a lot for critics to chew on, it has pretensions, grist for the mill. Themes. I just don't like the way it is executed, and no kind of cinematography can change that. The broad sweep is interesting, the devil is in the details.

• Dyson is a good example of a guy who likes the film but does have a fair bit of criticism of it too - fair enough. But I think the flaws came to him later.
    the devil is in the details.

Well, as was pointed out to me recently, Bond failed to retrieve the agent list, he failed to save Severine, he failed to shoot Silva when he had the chance on the London Undergound, he failed by ASSUMING his personal arsenal would be intact after he'd been declared dead and he failed to save M.
    So, the movie is kind of a fail. :))
    Dyson is a good example of a guy who likes the film but does have a fair bit of criticism of it too - fair enough. But I think the flaws came to him later.
    Just listened to him. He is a bit unorgaized in the way he is talking, like stopping, starting again, changing it around etc, but its obvious, he loves the film. I heard 3 minor bits of critic points, so not even a fair bit in my mind. Has he changed his mind by now? Hard to say.