SKYFALL: FANS' REACTIONS - GUARANTEED SPOILERS

1939495969799»

Comments

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    It's a good job the young guard took over to be honest, people just want to forget the crimes Cubby committed and throw brick bats at Broccoli junior. The series needed a change of gear for it to survive, Craig's era was probably the biggest change the series received since it's inception.

Barbara does seem the whipping girl for all that is supposedly wrong with the franchise, I'm not sure Cubby would have gambled on Craig like his daughter and step son did.

I'm not going to go into the what Cubby did wrong because it wouldn't be a short list, no the children aren't perfect but despite my dislike for all things Brosnan I can't deny they both made it a success despite us fans boys whingeing.

A number of people claim how they would have done it better but lets face these people can barely manage their own lives let alone a 50 year plus hugely successful film series.
    I'll be the first to admit I don't know nothing about managing films and continuing to make them successful and hugely popular and enduring.

The Bond series would have been long dead and buried if the fans had any say in their creation and trying to make them self desired wet dreams.
  • I've watched Skyfall twice in the last few weeks (jut finished it) and feel that it's held up very, very well. It's just a great film, period.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Held up well? It's less than 2 years old lol

Anyway, I agree, I find the bashing Barbara gets to be completely unfair and unwarranted. When watching other similar films, it becomes quite apparent as to how difficult it must be to make a successful Bond film and the fact that Barbara and Michael have managed to keep Bond going, relevant and more popular than ever is a testament to their ethic and hard work and I commend them for the risks and decisions they have made to at least try and keep the series interesting instead of taking the overly safe route.
  • doubleoego wrote:
    Held up well? It's less than 2 years old lol

Anyway, I agree, I find the bashing Barbara gets to be completely unfair and unwarranted. When watching other similar films, it becomes quite apparent as to how difficult it must be to make a successful Bond film and the fact that Barbara and Michael have managed to keep Bond going, relevant and more popular than ever is a testament to their ethic and hard work and I commend them for the risks and decisions they have made to at least try and keep the series interesting instead of taking the overly safe route.

Agreed, well said. By "held up well," I mean that I still find the film to be excellent, even after the glow of having a new Bond film has diminished.