Your most quoted Bond line in everyday life.

Comments

• "I take pleasure in great beauty."
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    "I take pleasure in great beauty."

This line I've used for my girlfriend a few times. She's very pleased with that. ;-)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    DarthDimi wrote:

This line I've used for my girlfriend a few times. She's very pleased with that. ;-)

Yes, that is sure to win you few points, especially if it is genuine.
    "Shocking...."
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    If anyone asks me to do something, I often deliver the line, 'will do', exactly like Craig from QoS after M tells him to stop killing potential leads.
  • doubleoego wrote:
    If anyone asks me to do something, I often deliver the line, 'will do', exactly like Craig from QoS after M tells him to stop killing potential leads.

Guilty of using this line at work, with the same expression as Craig (between stfu and piss off).

- Scott
    Here's another good one to say in the same Scottish accent as Sean Connery-

"No sir, I would not."
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    I was best man at a wedding two weeks ago and no word of a lie the groom gave me the best cue "now youre sure youve got the ring?" I could only respond thus "Relax Felix!" he was confused for a second and then punched me. :-)
  • I was best man at a wedding two weeks ago and no word of a lie the groom gave me the best cue "now youre sure youve got the ring?" I could only respond thus "Relax Felix!" he was confused for a second and then punched me. :-)
    That's great! :D Good thinking
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    edited July 2012 Posts: 858
    Whenever I take my parent's car and they tell me not to crash: "I hope not, but accidents do happen."
    "I never miss", "Do I look like I give a damn" and "sshockin', poshitively sshockin" are also used frequently. final and personal best one was just an hour ago;

I was at a friend's place, discussing photography and cars during a home-alone-party, when a girl-friend wondered in. Hearing us rambling about CCX being better looking than the Cinque, she said "what are you on about?" and I did the most classic Connery:
    "Man talk"
    *schlap*

B-)
    From the Moore era:

"He always did have an inflated opinion of himself."
    "Darling."
    "There's a useful four letter word ....and you are full of it."
    "Screw him. Who needs him? Life is too short."
    "You know what they say about the fittest."
    "I have friends in low places".
    I don't remember the fourth one down on the last response, sure you got that correct, at least not from Moore's lips, not something his Bond would say

Did I duplicate any Bond lines today? most likely..

'Damn Coffee'

'looks like we've hit the rush hour'

'What's going on'

'Switch the bloody machine off' (or some variation)

'He was buried with work'

MartinBond wrote:
    Whenever I take my parent's car and they tell me not to crash: "I hope not, but accidents do happen."
    "I never miss", "Do I look like I give a damn" and "sshockin', poshitively sshockin" are also used frequently. final and personal best one was just an hour ago;

I was at a friend's place, discussing photography and cars during a home-alone-party, when a girl-friend wondered in. Hearing us rambling about CCX being better looking than the Cinque, she said "what are you on about?" and I did the most classic Connery:
    "Man talk"
    *schlap*

B-)

The CCX better looking than the Pagani Zonda Cinque? You're mad. I don't even think the Agera wins that medal.
  • "I have no friends." - Quantum of Solace

:( ;)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    "I have no friends." - Quantum of Solace

To quote from the Bonds and to make you feel better again, @karatemanchan37, " What's true is that in 48 hours you and I will have more money than God."

(Of course now I need to find a way to make that true. :P)

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Reminds me of Sherlock.

Sherlock to John: "I don't have friends. I've just got one."

The best duo ever.

:)
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 11,189
    DarthDimi wrote:

One of my favourite lines in TWINE

I bet ur gf doesn't know where it came from :))

I used that line just the other day when someone asked me why Ive started doing so many extra hours at work.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Creasy47 wrote:
    "You don't? You don't have to worry about me. I'm not gonna go chasing him, he's not important...and neither was she."

I say that to myself, out loud, all the time, starting it off by sipping a drink.

Haha, then we are two on that brother! :D

I also use:
    -30 seconds.
    That dosen't give us a lot of time, does it?

-It's a bit of a minefield out there

-I dont think the dead care about vengeance.

- You know we are standing on the other side thinking " MI6 and CIA listens to our conversations, standing behind our shoulders. But the truth is you' don't even now we exists!
    We know now Mr.White, and we're quick learned.
    Really? Then the first thing you should know about is, iss that we have people everywhere. Am I right?

I use them mostly when I am alone, but not always ;)
    The CCX better looking than the Pagani Zonda Cinque? You're mad. I don't even think the Agera wins that medal.
    the CCX is more "refined" looking, zonda's to mental for me, bit of an kitcar-gone-to-far feel to it...

whenever I leave a friend's place:
    "I never left...
    followed by a cool walk-off into the distance... B-)
    Some of the stuff I've quoted have people looking at me like I'm from another planet. Case in point, I was out on a date on Thursday and went to this amazing Italian restaurant near leicester square and knowing full well my date knew nothing about alcohol, after ordering a bottle of what ever alcohol it was, I poured into both our glasses, we said cheers, she drank it and liked it, I drank some and grimaced! Looking at the contents of my glass, I then said, how dissapointing, this drink is indifferently blended with an overdose of bombois. Shrugged and drank the rest of it. The expression on her face was priceless, it was a combination of bemusement and admiration.

One thing's for certain, I won't be introducing the Bond films to any female companions because the jig will well and truly be up.
    doubleoego wrote:
    Some of the stuff I've quoted have people looking at me like I'm from another planet. Case in point, I was out on a date on Thursday and went to this amazing Italian restaurant near leicester square and knowing full well my date knew nothing about alcohol, after ordering a bottle of what ever alcohol it was, I poured into both our glasses, we said cheers, she drank it and liked it, I drank some and grimaced! Looking at the contents of my glass, I then said, how dissapointing, this drink is indifferently blended with an overdose of bombois. Shrugged and drank the rest of it. The expression on her face was priceless, it was a combination of bemusement and admiration.

One thing's for certain, I won't be introducing the Bond films to any female companions because the jig will well and truly be up.

...."the news is out, they've finally found me?"
    I don't remember the fourth one down on the last response, sure you got that correct, at least not from Moore's lips, not something his Bond would say

Did I duplicate any Bond lines today? most likely..

'Damn Coffee'

'looks like we've hit the rush hour'

'What's going on'

'Switch the bloody machine off' (or some variation)

'He was buried with work'

Excellent memory, Baltimore. You are right; that quote was not actually in the movie "AVTAK". But, Roger did mouth those words in a scene as Tanya Roberts was leaving her boss' office after being fired. She met Bond at the elevator, saying, "I can't believe he fired me." That's when Roger, I guess ad-libbed, and gave that response. In that scene, the "extras" behind Rog, could be seen laughing after Roger said that. Director John Glen edited that out. In a 'behind the scenes" look at the making of "A View To A Kill", Glen said Rog took him by surprise when he went off script there. Obviously.

I wish they would have kept that in there. I like it and, use it in appropriate occassions.

Director John Glen edited that out. In a 'behind the scenes" look at the making of "A View To A Kill", Glen said Rog took him by surprise when he went off script there. Obviously.

He took me by suprise as well, as at that point I'd never hear him swear before. (the actual line being *4-stars* him". that combined with Roger's impeccable Queen's English makes me chuckle every time.
    doubleoego wrote:

You are my hero.
    'Does it look like I give a damn' (or some variation) or -

'Let's get some sleep, we've got a long hard day ahead of us tomorrow'

Goodnight I-)
    " Old Japanese proverb....woman can`t make nest in bair tree....." !!!!
    :-*
    "That was damned stupid!"
    (from THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS)
    I like quoting Dimitrios' line to LeChiffre.

Then don't. I couldn't care less.
    just cought myself on using "We wouldn't want that nou would we?"

"Just Surviving Mr *insert friend's name here*, just surviving.
    Bollocks Miss Moneypenny in a Sean Connery voice when something has gone wrong in the office