Your most quoted Bond line in everyday life.

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I know all about that: if you need a cigarette, then the brand or flavor is worthless.
    I often find myself quoting Xenia Onatopp's line to Bond, "I won't lose sleep over it." I had used it last night with my dad for some reason, and I was thinking oh man! There's a good example for the Most Quorted Bond Line thread!
    I did a Doctor Kaufman aaaaaargh about an hour ago B-)
    edited July 2012 Posts: 40,471
    "I will. Thank you." I usually say that when I'm out purchasing something. Craig says it to the hotel clerk when he arrives at the Hotel Splendid in CR, I believe.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    This is really pathetic of me but I don't care. I sometimes do this for my own amusement just to see how some of these sales/retail employees act. I tend to go into big brand department stores where they sell Jewelry and expensive watches and I ask, "Your clock, is it correct?", naturally they all say yes and I use it as an excuse to whip out and show off either my Rolex deep sea sea dweller or my omega planet ocean and start fiddling with adjusting the time on my watch. Now, depending on the situation I'll either go back exactly 50 seconds later, to the person I asked with a confused look on my face and say to them, "You did say your clock was correct?" or sometimes I don't.
    So long as that's all you whip out and show off ; - )

I'm quoting again - 'Switch the bloody machine off' :O
    I work part time as a cashier and today scanned two boxes of Durex "Union Jack" condoms. If there was ever a need for the line "keeping the British end up", that was it!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    BAIN123 wrote:
    I work part time as a cashier and today scanned two boxes of Durex "Union Jack" condoms. If there was ever a need for the line "keeping the British end up", that was it!

I don't know why that isn't located on the box and wrappers by law, it just feels like it needs to be there...
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 11,189
    BAIN123 wrote:

I don't know why that isn't located on the box and wrappers by law, it just feels like it needs to be there...

During my lunch break I was thinking of other slogans Durex could use for their "Union Jack" batch.

"Keeping it up for England in 2012"
    "Helping England rise to the challenge this summer"
    "Sometimes being a stiff Brit isn't a bad thing"

Enough smut now.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    BAIN123 wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:

During my lunch break I was thinking of slogans Durex could use for their "Union Jack" batch.

"Keeping it up for England in 2012"
    "Helping England rise to the challenge this summer"

Perfect! =))
    "Sometimes being a stiff Brit isn't a bad thing."

That is rich!
  • "Do I look Iike I give a damn!"
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    "I will. Thank you." I usually say that when I'm out purchasing something. Craig says it to the hotel clerk when he arrives at the Hotel Splendid in CR, I believe.

I always loved Craig's intonation of that line (lines?) largely because he says "Thank you" the same way that my last girlfriend did. Very playful and flirty and sounds like you're being let in on a private joke...

@thelordflasheart, exactly! It's very flirtatious. Even the smile he gives is a nod to it, I love it.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Threemore i use, more or less serious:

We can't winn them all
    A slight stiffness coming on ( which always leads to laugh From my friends, and they are always surprised when i say it's a Line From a Bond film )
    Does it look like i give a damn?
    When ever I give credit to someone or something, with a slight smile I real off a list of favourable attributes and then I say, "he/she/they/it's good...even by my standards".
    Even though it isn't a Bond line, I don't think I ever say "Yeah." or "Yes." or what have you when the situation calls for it, thanks to Blood Diamond and Leonardo Dicaprio. Now, I usually say, with an accent, "Yah, yah." It's addictive.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    A great way to stop an argument, I deploy the following words.
    "Yes, well, you put your clothes on.. and i'll buy you an ice cream..."

Works everytime. :-)
    At about 4am this morning I quoted Brosnan outside the Carver building in Saigon :

'ooh, aah, phew, ooh, arr, wow, phew, aah'

Maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration, or was it?, but that's the best I could describe it as, it was a little more than a Kaufman 'arrrrr'
  • At about 4am this morning I quoted Brosnan outside the Carver building in Saigon :

'ooh, aah, phew, ooh, arr, wow, phew, aah'

Maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration, or was it?, but that's the best I could describe it as, it was a little more than a Kaufman 'arrrrr'

Too much information...you were talking about being on the loo weren't you?
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 5,634
    No, it certainly wasn't that!

Do you think I would describe by lavatory exploits on a James Bond page? You need to try a different room maybe.. As Bond himself once said 'It took a lot out of me'
  • For some reason I like randomly saying to friends, "Where's Sanchez?" It's become a running gag.
    Your friends must think your losing it lol
  • haha they have been thinking that long before I asked them that.
    In a short time I will be quoting more Kaufman's, More Brosnan Elevators, maybe a bit of JW Pepper somersault cars, maybe some Mr Wint's on an ocean liner, maybe some guy who follows Connery from the airport in Doctor No, maybe a Scaramanga sun lounger, or even some Moore's in Thailand before a martial arts exhibition, the list could be endless..

I'll be keeping the 'American' end up...

Goodnight B-)
  • Not that people would even realise it's a quote but I find myself saying...
    "I wasn't but I could." Domino
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Another member on this topic said they like saying "Thank You." like Roger does in LALD. I do too. :D
    "don't tell"
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Anyone think I'd get in trouble at work if I called the bilingual females cunning linguists?
    Kerim wrote:
    Anyone think I'd get in trouble at work if I called the bilingual females cunning linguists?

Yes, you'll probably get fined and will have to pay it off in lip service.