Judge the best replica prop

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Not a belt, I'd want to wear. ;)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Go blow up your pants ;)
    QBranch wrote: »
    Go blow up your pants ;)
    Can I have rocket boots instead? :p
    edited September 2014 Posts: 13,892
    If the shoe fits, air/flare it :P
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    So how exactly did you go about creating the business cards.
    edited September 2014 Posts: 13,892
    So how exactly did you go about creating the business cards.
    I'll share my work process:

I snap the biggest/clearest screenshot of the prop I can, and distort it in photoshop until it's straight. Then I find out the dimensions of a regular business card and make a photoshop file with those dimensions and whatever resolution you want. Copy the straightened screenshot into that file and stretch to the edges. This will be the template that I go over with the text, logo etc. I tweak the text and spacing for pretty much every letter until it's inline with that of the screenshot. Once the design is done, I print 8 of them side by side on glossy card and cut out with a box cutter and steel ruler. As for the ID cards- they should be laminated properly, but for now I just stuck plastic sheeting over one side and tape on the other.
    Wow! @QBranch. You're work is awesome. I'd do replica props, but I'm no good at that sort of thing. Keep posting, love them.
    Hello Dalton fans....Jealous? ;) I happen to have come across this item by pure chance. I went out to my local thrift store today and picked this up for $1.99 What a steal!
    10687082_737079732996647_4311067688945020729_n.jpg?oh=ef087ebecbc1df68c5f7dc42512122d7&oe=54B693A6&__gda__=1421733167_6a1050f570dc7333342775cd459ece36
    Well done Murdock, your licence to bird-watch has been reinstated. :)>-
    Well done Murdock, your licence to bird-watch has been reinstated. :)>-

Yes, now to watch them before they fly south for the winter. :))

Great find there, buddy. They'd go well with my keyfinder. They are Tasco brand binoculars, right? I'm sure they're worth a lot more than two dollars. I'll give you five.
    Great find there, buddy. They'd go well with my keyfinder. They are Tasco brand binoculars, right? I'm sure they're worth a lot more than two dollars. I'll give you five.

No, Doing research they are Eames Emson Opera Glasses. Though it's missing It's logo and leather coatings. Which I don't mind. Still a great find. :)
    Murdock wrote: »
    Hello Dalton fans....Jealous? ;) I happen to have come across this item by pure chance. I went out to my local thrift store today and picked this up for $1.99 What a steal!
    10687082_737079732996647_4311067688945020729_n.jpg?oh=ef087ebecbc1df68c5f7dc42512122d7&oe=54B693A6&__gda__=1421733167_6a1050f570dc7333342775cd459ece36

Be careful what you look at with those Murdock?!!! They may get you into trouble?!!!!! ;)
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Be careful what you look at with those Murdock?!!! They may get you into trouble?!!!!! ;)
    Lovely girl with a cello. ;)

She may pluck your Stradivarius? (For give the spelling as its late in the UK!) ;)

She may pluck your Stradivarius? (For give the spelling as its late in the UK!) ;)

That could make me light up like Christmas tree! :))
    Anyone got a Vesper business card in PDF form?

The link here is broken.. :((
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited October 2015 Posts: 3,000
    As a Bond fan, amateur inventor, and all-around gadget fan, I love see Bond-style gadgets for real. Here's some of my favorites, and please add your own in the comments.

Flashlight Watch (TWINE) Note: I own it and love it, but it is NOT waterproof.
    http://www.amazon.com/TAILI-Black-Quartz-High-duty-Flashlight/dp/B00RXTP6GO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1444467962&sr=8-2&keywords=taili+watch

Top Gear Submarine Lotus (TSWLM)

Cardsharp (No movie, but Bond-style)
    http://www.amazon.com/Iain-Sinclair-Design-Cardsharp2-Folding/dp/B006O9V2OY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1444468021&sr=8-1&keywords=cardsharp

Invisible Mercedes [Sadly, not an Aston] (DAD)

Goldeneye Watch (Goldeneye 007 N64)
    http://gizmodo.com/this-n64-goldeneye-watch-face-is-the-best-reason-to-buy-1632358524
    Cool thread. There are geiger counter watches available, I've seen them on ebay. I have the credit card knife:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/590/21108808848_ac31b209ac_o.png
    Cool thread. There are geiger counter watches available, I've seen them on ebay. I have the credit card knife:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/590/21108808848_ac31b209ac_o.png

Glad you like the thread! Geiger counter watches you say...mmm....I'm intrigued.
    I have static GoldenEye mine replicas. :)
    goldeneye_mines_wip_3__by_comandercool22-d6mkgy6.jpg
    I have static GoldenEye mine replicas. :)

I'd love to have those, but I'd have to make them functional. Then I would have to go to prison...so I won't be doing that.
    Give me another year and I'll have the TWINE watch finished :P Works in progress:

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3726/14071005529_ed8630ba23_o.png
    Give me another year and I'll have the TWINE watch finished :P Works in progress:

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3726/14071005529_ed8630ba23_o.png

WOW! They're beautiful! The left is a rope-cutting Rolex, am I right?
    Cheers, @BMW- and yep, that's the one. I need to change the colour of the markers though, they weren't yellow in the film. Just playing around with getting the dials to look right. I've put both these projects to the side for now to focus on paper props, but have all the parts needed to make the watch torch- need to learn how to solder for that project.
    Cheers, @BMW- and yep, that's the one. I need to change the colour of the markers though, they weren't yellow in the film. Just playing around with getting the dials to look right. I've put both these projects to the side for now to focus on paper props, but have all the parts needed to make the watch torch- need to learn how to solder for that project.

Soldering isn't too hard, but it's a good idea to practice on something you don't care about like broken electronics. Also, it always helps to have solder wick around to clean up any mistakes. Can't wait to see the finished product!
    edited October 2015 Posts: 3,000
    One more gadget for the list; http://www.amazon.com/Goldeneye-Watch-007/dp/B00M8AWBJ8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1444467611&sr=8-3&keywords=goldeneye+watch

P.S. I discovered issues with the links in my original post, and have since corrected them.
    Working on a new project. ;)
    lnOmxSAl.jpg
    edited May 2016 Posts: 3,000
    Working on a new project. ;)
    lnOmxSAl.jpg

@Murdock A Moonraker laser! If your comfortable working with electronics and high-power laser diodes, maybe pick up the diode used in this video (and some eye protection). It actually burns wood;

Purchase links in the description. To be honest, I've been thinking about doing this myself ever since I saw that video.
    I've never worked with electronics before but it's something I'll consider down the road. :)