007 Legends Announced

Comments

come on guys its not a great game(far from it) but it was worth my $20
  • AliAli
    Bt make sure you're exactly 1 metre from the bomb marker. 1.01metres or 0.99 metres and you won't get the option, floating around, dying from gas and wondering what the hell the marker is for and why you can't go anywhere else. Same with so many of the switches. The distance you have to be from them is a tiny window of opportunity to be offered the option of using them. Slightly too close or too far and no joy.
  • AliAli
    Oddjob wrote:

For my £15 off PSN, it entertained me. The problem being that much of the entertainment was preceded by "oh no, they haven't, have they? Oh, they have..." type moments.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Oddjob wrote:

I presume you are talking Zimbabwean dollars there not US?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Oddjob wrote:

I presume you are talking Zimbabwean dollars there not US?

Or perhaps something worth even less. I'm not even sure I would have paid $5 dollars, if I was still planning on buying it.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    its pretty obvious where his career trajectory is heading. We are all well aware how EON operate when bringing in new producers so its fairly obvious by his increasingly important positions that Davey boy is being groomed to take over when MGW retires, which cant be many years away can it?

Right idea, wrong son.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Samuel001 wrote:
    @Ali, thanks for that. It sounds even worse than I thought. A full Skyfall FPS may have been better!

MDS was right. This is a £10 game.

I'm just going to do my bit in helping to raise the moth population.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    JamesPage wrote:
    its pretty obvious where his career trajectory is heading. We are all well aware how EON operate when bringing in new producers so its fairly obvious by his increasingly important positions that Davey boy is being groomed to take over when MGW retires, which cant be many years away can it?

Right idea, wrong son.

Gregg Wilson then?
    Ali wrote:
    @002: the pod chamber? Yes, that did felt like it was ripped from Descent or some other incredibly old space shooter. But you get a laser in it. A laser!!!!

actually i was saying that after flushing Drax out of the airlock..you fall unconcious and yeah it ends abrutly with confusion
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    @Mallory spot on
  • oo7oo7
    I think with activision pulling there content and bankrupting eurcom it is safe to say they are now selling a game which cannot deliver its final level.
    by this I mean the skyfall level may be on the disk but not everyone can access it leading me to believe activision has sold a false promise to customers.
    with eurocom gone it is highly unlikely this will ever be fixed and we will ever see the missing guns from multi player.
    If you have bought the game post activision pulling online content I would advise you to take it back to your games dealer and seek a full refund and let them know what the problem is.
    JamesPage wrote:

Right idea, wrong son.

I just hope Dave and Gregg arent twins then!

But looking at Daves fairly lofty position now wont they be jointly in charge eventually? If hes got his fingers this deep in the pie already surely he wont be about to just give away his birthright to his brother?

Unless you mean after the 007 Legends debacle his father has written him out of his will for the sake of the company!!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    oo7 wrote:
    I think with activision pulling there content and bankrupting eurcom it is safe to say they are now selling a game which cannot deliver its final level.
    by this I mean the skyfall level may be on the disk but not everyone can access it leading me to believe activision has sold a false promise to customers.
    with eurocom gone it is highly unlikely this will ever be fixed and we will ever see the missing guns from multi player.
    If you have bought the game post activision pulling online content I would advise you to take it back to your games dealer and seek a full refund and let them know what the problem is.

It's highly unlikely that you'd get a full refund. It's not the seller's fault that Activision pulled their online content, and thus not their responsibility to reimburse you.
  • oo7oo7
    oo7 wrote:

It's highly unlikely that you'd get a full refund. It's not the seller's fault that Activision pulled their online content, and thus not their responsibility to reimburse you.

Indeed it is the fault of the seller, if this publication is at fault then its the point the seller should give a refund and seek to be refunded from the publishers hand.

if a book shipped and was missing the final chapter I doubt you wouldn't hesitate about seeking a refund on that.
    oo7 wrote:
    oo7 wrote:

Indeed it is the fault of the seller, if this publication is at fault then its the point the seller should give a refund and seek to be refunded from the publishers hand.

if a book shipped and was missing the final chapter I doubt you wouldn't hesitate about seeking a refund on that.

Again, that wouldn't be the fault of the seller, just the manufacturer. Barnes & Noble didn't publish the book, they're just the middleman between the publisher and you. Activision is the one you'd seek a refund from, not GameStop or Walmart or Amazon. They are simply the vehicle that gets the game from point A (the manufacturer) to point B (the buyer).
  • oo7oo7
    oo7 wrote:
    oo7 wrote:

Again, that wouldn't be the fault of the seller, just the manufacturer. Barnes & Noble didn't publish the book, they're just the middleman between the publisher and you. Activision is the one you'd seek a refund from, not GameStop or Walmart or Amazon. They are simply the vehicle that gets the game from point A (the manufacturer) to point B (the buyer).

I would advise people to seek a refund at the retailers end and the retailer can then take it up with the publisher. to seek money from activision would be rather far out of the way about going about things.
    as i said if they have pulled the final chapter of the game it would be wise to hit the chains and return the game and have a company that deals with them deal with recouping their money.
  • oo7oo7
    edited January 2013 Posts: 1,068
    Update**
    Looks like hard copy sales of pc and console users are still unaware of the problems with activision and eurcom.
    The skyfall dlc are no longer available for the product
    WiiU users have been experiencing stat resets.
    with eurcom now gone and activision done with bond it looks unlikely that either problem will be resolved any time soon
    Would advise anyone who bought the game after the loss of support to seek out their proof of purchase and return it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Good god, is the multiplayer still up and running?
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

Was it ever "properly" up and running? It was always a graphically abysmal, lag infested mess.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Mallory wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

Was it ever "properly" up and running? It was always a graphically abysmal, lag infested mess.
    Never played, I am happy to say.

• AliAli
    You'll be lucky to get a game. Strangely, Blood Stone seems to be full!
    Ali wrote:

I played recently and was able to get full lobbies! Quite shocking, but great to see.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It's too bad, I really wanted Craptivision to make a Never Say Never Again game, It might be good. XD
    Ali wrote:

I played recently and was able to get full lobbies! Quite shocking, but great to see.

In 2011, when Reloaded came out, I noticed an increase in GoldenEye Wii players while I was hearing that Reloaded was practically empty. When 007 Legends came out, I saw an increase in Reloaded players and a decrease in Wii players. Blood Stone and Quantum of Solace both seem to have constant players despite what all of this.
    I have some friends from the gamefaqs Goldeneye Wii board who bought a WiiU and Legends. Legends on WiiU doesn't even give you the option for private mathces and you can't send friend requests and team up to play some games..... LOL, WTF kinda nonsense is that.
  • AliAli
    Nintendo are years behind in their online network. People criticise PSN for being clunky but it's a Vanquish compared to Nintendo's Cygnet....
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 127
    You could have private matches and team up on Goldeneye Wii... but not 007 Legends WiiU??? Was just a matter of not giving a crap on their part to include it. Another fail
    Went in Game today and they still want £35 for Legends. In the middle of a recession, with the january sales on and the rest of the high street dying on its arse I call that exceptionally optimistic.
  • When it was apparent that Duke Nukem & Never Dead just weren't selling, Best Buy started pricing them at $11.99. I'd love to find OO7 Legends at that price.... too bad I can't find it at all currently
  • RC7RC7
    edited January 2013 Posts: 10,512
    Went in Game today and they still want £35 for Legends. In the middle of a recession, with the january sales on and the rest of the high street dying on its arse I call that exceptionally optimistic.

I probably wouldn't spend more than £3 on it. It'll take me about 6 hours to complete, I assume. 50p per hour seems fair, although I wouldn't be in a rush to play it, even if someone gave it to me for free. I think it's destiny I won't be playing this game, although I thought the same about GE:Reloaded. I got that for £7. £7 badly spent. I'd have cried for days if I'd paid £50 for it.

I'd have paid £200 for GE64 back in the day, and I was 13 when that came out. At 29, if I'm not prepared to spend £5 on a game, maybe EON desperately need to rethink their gaming strategy. Maybe give it a rest for a few years.