007 Legends Announced

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    My favorite Bond game is the QoS version for the PS2, which was not only heads and tails above the next-gen version, but was an exciting experience with a great mix of stealth and action, all in the third person perspective. I hate 1st person anything, so that game was already much more liked by me because of it. The level designs were great, as were the action set pieces. To this day, some of my greatest gaming fun has been had in that game. Bloodstone is not far behind it either, a game that I really enjoy.
    I want more 3rd person 007 games starring Daniel Craig
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    But Bond is now seen as a cash cow for lazy developers.

But how when its selling about 1000 copies worldwide and fanboys like us aren't even touching it with a barge pole? If they hitting GTA type figures then much as we might not be happy with the direction we couldn't really argue but 007 Legends is such a monumental failure on every single level surely things have to change?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Too bad we'll never see that Raven-developed game. I guarantee it would have been awesome.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I never get involved with the James Bond computer games as I'm not very interested, though I would love to get some of the old 1980s Bond computer games.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    I never get involved with the James Bond computer games as I'm not very interested, though I would love to get some of the old 1980s Bond computer games.

Oh don't. For the love of all that is good in the world, don't. The old PC games by Domark are awful.
    I've replayed all of the Activision Bond games recently. I have a new ranking.

1. Blood Stone- While underwhelming for those of us who expected a next gen EON, it still was the highlight in the Activision era. WAY too short though. Terrible multiplayer.

2. Quantum of Solace ps2- Since I didn't have a ps3 when the "main" game came out, I got this. Besides being too short, it's a ton of fun. Very unique.

3. Quantum of Solace Ps3/360- Ironically this game has aged better than expected. It's less of a COD clone than later games, which is ironic because it's made by Treyarch and uses the COD engine. But for its time, the multiplayer was terrific and the single player wasn't too bad either.

4. Goldeneye/Goldeneye Reloaded- I have a soft spot for this game and no, it doesn't have anything to do with the original n64 game. I just really like it for some reason. Some parts of it are better than others and mostly it's just a reskinned COD game (which while I like COD, please stay away from Bond). But truthfully, it just seems a little lazy.

5. 007 Legends- While I don't hate it with a passion like others here, there's no denying this is the prime example of a shameless cash in that is in no way worthy to our favorite secret agent's 50th birthday. While some parts of it are improved from Reloaded like the weapons feel/weight and music, it actually manages to look worse than Reloaded. I don't mind that Craig didn't voice Bond, but wow they couldn't find a better actor. Nightfire proved the voice actor doesn't HAVE to sound like the Bond actor to be cool. Eurocom is a great developer and obviously loves Bond, but something went really wrong here. It's too bad this had to be the game that ended them. Hopefully James Bond will return to our consoles soon
    The Craig soundalike in Legends is the worst, most wooden piece of shit I think has ever been cast in a video game. Awful.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Apparently EON did not tell Eurocom or Activision anything about Skyfall (to keep everything a big secret) so all they had to go with was the scenes from the trailers and cobbled together a rather pathetic recreation of the PTS and Patrice fight.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Murdock wrote:
    Apparently EON did not tell Eurocom or Activision anything about Skyfall (to keep everything a big secret) so all they had to go with was the scenes from the trailers and cobbled together a rather pathetic recreation of the PTS and Patrice fight.

I'm not defending the game at all - I didn't even bother playing such garbage - but I guess I now understand why the SF scene in the game was much different than the one in the film. Still, it doesn't make up for what I've seen of the rest of the game.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Y'know, I don't even believe that. If You're making a game based on a movie, they're gonna tell you the plot of the movie. I mean, for God's Sake, Lego Star Wars came out before Episode III did, and it was a whole helluva lot more faithful than 007 Legends, who's Skyfall mission had to be held off as DLC until the film came out.
    Y'know, I don't even believe that. If You're making a game based on a movie, they're gonna tell you the plot of the movie. I mean, for God's Sake, Lego Star Wars came out before Episode III did, and it was a whole helluva lot more faithful than 007 Legends, who's Skyfall mission had to be held off as DLC until the film came out.

That could be true, as well. They have to spice up the game somehow, and the only way they thought they could make it "fun" was by destroying the movie and making something entirely different.
    James Bond games have always been so fun so I will prob buy it too.
    Wemo wrote:
    James Bond games have always been so fun so I will prob buy it too.

Buy what? '007 Legends'? It's been out for a while, and I'd suggest you don't do that.
    Like I said I loved Quantum of Solace BloodStone and Goldeneye but I HATED legends played through it once and I am not doing it again.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I don't understand... 007 Legends is that bad? at the time I last talked/heard about this game, it was still a few months away from hitting the shelves, and it looked bad to me... was it really that bad? :O
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    No one has the licence now, Activision gave it up and Eurocom, who made the game, went bust due to poor sales. Plus it was an awful game. It really was, that bad.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    blimey :O
    I think Brady linked me to a vide of the SP gameplay and I got through a few minutes before cringing numerous times and closing out of the window. It was that embarrassing.
    The other films are far better if that means anything. The Skyfall part was just a quick cash-in via DLC.

So what do we think about the next game? When will it be released?
    Samuel001 wrote:
    The other films are far better if that means anything. The Skyfall part was just a quick cash-in via DLC.

So what do we think about the next game? When will it be released?

Since the future of James Bond games is up in the air, I don't see another one coming out for quite some time. Perhaps one to tie in with B24?
    edited October 2013 Posts: 13,350
    So that gives us, what, two years? Enough time for another rushed game. On second thoughts, let's have someone release a game to tie-in with the release of the film afterwards. ;)
    @Samuel001, I think that's best. It doesn't have to be out before the film, and it would ensure that the game is as close to the movie as possible, if, of course, those responsible actually care enough to make a product that won't be described as "awful" or "trash" or "an embarrassment to the eyes."
    I don't understand... 007 Legends is that bad? at the time I last talked/heard about this game, it was still a few months away from hitting the shelves, and it looked bad to me... was it really that bad? :O

It's mediocre but it's not 100% crap. It does have nice things. Like some decent remixes of themes used in the movies (OHMSS Theme, Space Lazer Battle, Iced Inc.) and Most of the cutscenes are pretty true to the film's source material. Also Michael Lonsdale returning as Drax was my favorite part of the game. I loved his dialogue too. But It's mainly repetitive shooting galleries that would give Everything or Nothing a run for it's money. Other issues I had with was the last minute replacement of Holly Goodhead's character model from Lois Chiles to some Generic female character model. I guess they couldn't get her rights in the end. Of all the Activision James Bond games it would go on the bottom. But it's biggest strength is it's nostalgia factor.
    If they want to induce some nostalgia in me, give me an HD remake (with multiplayer, online and splitscreen) of Goldeneye '64.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    If they want to induce some nostalgia in me, give me an HD remake (with multiplayer, online and splitscreen) of Goldeneye '64.

The closest to that you'll get is GoldenEye: Source
    Murdock wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

I know, and that's really unfortunate. I've seen the Source gameplay, though, and it looks fantastic.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

I know, and that's really unfortunate. I've seen the Source gameplay, though, and it looks fantastic.

If you get Steam you could play it.
    I have Steam, so I may have to try it out. I actually downloaded it just the other day to try the 'Napoleon: Total War' demo, but it wasn't on there any longer.
    Hey, DC007, you're back.