Post a picture of yourself! :P

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Thanks, chaps! :D
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited December 2017 Posts: 17,845
    For a picture of myself just see my avatar. It's accurate enough, right down to the black cat.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    For a picture of myself just see my avatar. It's accurate enough, right diwn to the black cat.

And those cold, soulless eyes, too?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    For a picture of myself just see my avatar. It's accurate enough, right diwn to the black cat.

And the fine taste in upholstery?
  • Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    @Dragonpol

That's the best avatar on here anyway! Totally love it. It's so groovy-classic-chic.

Mine is me as well by the way. Yes really ha ha....and it's Zurich in the background. My hometown.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

And the fine taste in upholstery?

Yes, it's taken from the front cover of a 1920s German novel called The Man with the Devil Eyes. It was just made for the Lord @Dragonpol!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Is that the moment right before you strangle your psychiatrist?
    I'll relax for a bit and then be back before Christmas, laters! Andi.

full.jpg
    Is that the moment right before you strangle your psychiatrist?

Yes. Always works for me. I call it the Locque Method.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 2,005
    happy new year...and here's to us...the best bond community ever
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2018 Posts: 28,694
    My productivity with and participation on this forum has gone from 100% to 0 in the past couple of days, and all thanks to this little fella, the newest edition to my family, a two month old Cocker Spaniel named Cooper (the other animal in the pictures is yours truly):
    thT94nM.jpg
    NL4gZ0G.jpg

I've already felt a noticeable change in things with him around, not least of which in myself, as I don't feel as susceptible to cynicism or depression with this guy near. Just a small part of the mind-bending and indescribable impact dogs can have on a life.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    You're lucky to have him.
    I concur. Dogs are animals we don't deserve, but what silly luck they're with us.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited January 2018 Posts: 2,721
    Now this is a nice story to start the year with! Heartwarming @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 - enjoy having him in your life. Love to hear the positive impact he's having on you.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Have fun, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7; I’ve got two English Goldens and, when life starts kicking you in the wrong way, these dogs will always be there in the right way!!
    Cute little fellow. Not you, Brady. The dog.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 17,845
    Cute little dog, Brady. I've had a kitten called Millie since September and a pet certainly does lift one's mood. Millie is over 5 months now. I also have an cat called Kitty as well. She's over 5 years old.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    My productivity with and participation on this forum has gone from 100% to 0 in the past couple of days, and all thanks to this little fella, the newest edition to my family, a two month old Cocker Spaniel named Cooper (the other animal in the pictures is yours truly):
    thT94nM.jpg
    NL4gZ0G.jpg

I've already felt a noticeable change in things with him around, not least of which in myself, as I don't feel as susceptible to cynicism or depression with this guy near. Just a small part of the mind-bending and indescribable impact dogs can have on a life.

That's great news Brady!

I was mostly cynical from the time I was 12 years old until just recently, and it got me very little. I think it's a kind of defense mechanism for the confused or demoralised. But unlike depression, it's something we self-impose and therefore can remove from ourselves at any moment.

What's the little tykes name? :)
    Cooper.
    Cooper.

Mini Cooper?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Ah, must've missed that. That's a swell name for a spaniel.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    the newest edition to my family, a two month old Cocker Spaniel named Cooper

OH MY GOSH LOOK AT HIM.

I see someone in your family is a biker, too!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    thT94nM.jpg
    NL4gZ0G.jpg

Awwwwwww.... a boy and his dog. Very cool.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Dogs are such noble creatures. Happy for you @Brady.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Beautiful dog, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. You give him all your love and he'll do the same in return. I've had my big spoiled baby for nearly nine years now, and any cynicism and depression goes right out the door when she's in the room.
    Cooper.

Mini Cooper?
    @Dragonpol, it shouldn't surprise you that that joke has been made many times in this household. ;)
    I was mostly cynical from the time I was 12 years old until just recently, and it got me very little. I think it's a kind of defense mechanism for the confused or demoralised. But unlike depression, it's something we self-impose and therefore can remove from ourselves at any moment.
    @Mendes4Lyfe, cynicism certainly is a state of mind, but one that I find comes from a place of some rationality, as it comes from a reaction to what one sees in the world. But it is as susceptible as everything to distortion. I'm trying to find my own happiness now, and hoping that I can leave what I don't need behind. But when you feel jammed up or static in place, those feelings of cynicism come in, especially when you observe parts of the world around you. Dogs help.
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    the newest edition to my family, a two month old Cocker Spaniel named Cooper

OH MY GOSH LOOK AT HIM.

I see someone in your family is a biker, too!
    @Agent_99, the biker is my dad. Big into biking, and from my time knowing you I'm sure you two would have a lot to talk about. He can rattle off random facts about random bikes he sees on TV, will give the year and model number of the thing alongside some history behind it, and all the rest (he's got a good mind for cars too). He's also a very prolific rider himself, and takes a lot of time to drive some of the windiest roads in the states with some of his biker friends. His bike is like his kid, and he takes meticulous care of it.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Nice pics @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    You can tell the truth now. Cooper is named after Cooper in CR’67...right?
    Benny wrote: »
    Nice pics @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    You can tell the truth now. Cooper is named after Cooper in CR’67...right?
    @Benny, never seen CR'67, so that reference is a bit lost on me. So I guess that's a no to your question. ;)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I'd be highly surprised if it was the origin of Cooper's name. :)
    And just so you know, my surname isn't Hill.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @OBrady congrats on the addition of the family! Cooper looks like one fun little sport! And he's named after Dan Cooper no doubt!

About the cynisism, this one you might find interesting:
    https://www.ted.com/talks/lisa_feldman_barrett_you_aren_t_at_the_mercy_of_your_emotions_your_brain_creates_them/footnotes

Emotions are just bogus......
    Not sure how well known Dan Cooper is in America. I am guessing Gary or Dale.