Post a picture of yourself! :P

Comments

• mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    mattjoes wrote: »
    My productivity with and participation on this forum has gone from 100% to 0 in the past couple of days, and all thanks to this little fella, the newest edition to my family, a two month old Cocker Spaniel named Cooper (the other animal in the pictures is yours truly):
    thT94nM.jpg
    NL4gZ0G.jpg

I've already felt a noticeable change in things with him around, not least of which in myself, as I don't feel as susceptible to cynicism or depression with this guy near. Just a small part of the mind-bending and indescribable impact dogs can have on a life.

Nice-looking dog. I'm thinking of getting one myself. A basset hound, perhaps.

Are you Columbo?
    Well, I'm a Columbo fan. But also, someone I know calls me Columbo, for non-related reasons.

I just think those dogs go with my personality.
    Sean Connery sends this:
    dreams.metroeve_shelf-dreams-meaning.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2018 Posts: 28,694
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Sean Connery sends this:
    dreams.metroeve_shelf-dreams-meaning.jpg
    Alwaysh besht to be your shelf.
  • Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 2,005
    That picture is a little shelf-ish.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    It's just a shelfie.
    My new room and the army has me back for a second year. I'm getting specialized in reconnaissance.

It's my own room though and that's a luxury.
    Privacy is a good thing when I have to get off...

...to watch a Bond film! Ha ha....

I do have all the films with me as digital files on my army notebook! YAY!

full.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    So you are postponing your studies then, @Andi1996Ruegg ?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Always nice to see your feet @Andi1996Ruegg
    Can you post any of the base you're at...or in your uniform?
    That’s correct @Thunderfinger I will resume University in 2019 to finish my Bachelor in Earth Sciences.
    Switzerland has a higher average age at Universities as it is a militia and most male students are in the army either before or during University.

I have posted two pictures of me in uniform in @Dragonpol 's world armed forces thread.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 2,005
    deleted for privacy reasons
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    What's the watch @Andi1996Ruegg ?
    It's a Swiss Military Hanowa watch.
    A SIG550 assault rifle with M13 grenade launcher. I think I had it attached there.
    KS90 boots and standard army combat uniform.
    So people get drafted? Here it was very hard to get excused from military service earlier, unless you had a medical problem or were a pacifist. Nowadays the force is smaller and both sexes are selected for service from an elimination process. Only the best and most fit get to serve now.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 2,005
    @Thunderfinger

There is a recruitment day that every male youth has to attend between 17 and 18. You get tested in sports and have a psychological evaluation (basic). If you don’t have the minimum fitness needed or some ailments you’ll get drafted for civil defense duty.
    It’s very difficult to escape the army AND civil defense duty.

My path was slightly different. I started training before recruitment day and applied early for para-scout.
    My basic training is Grenadier, that’s Special Forces.
    I have opted to go one step further now and become professionalized in special reconnaissance and counter-terrorism. The army chose me and asked me to do it.
    That s the way it was here before. If you couldn t serve for whatever reason, it was civil defense duty instead or jail.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Well done to you @Andi. Here they abolished conscription three years before I would've been drafted. Pity, I always liked the military. Tried to become a fighter pilot, but to no avail alas.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Tried to become a fighter pilot, but to no avail alas.

Me too. Immediately rejected for my eyesight. (I suspect I'm too scruffy and rebellious to last long in the military, though.)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Tried to become a fighter pilot, but to no avail alas.

Me too. Immediately rejected for my eyesight. (I suspect I'm too scruffy and rebellious to last long in the military, though.)

Well I actually got a little further than that, but after four days in a simulator I just made one too many mistakes. You were allowed 14 fail points on average per flight. (2 flights per day). But after a particualr bad flight (because of some restless sleep) I averaged 14.1 over 4 days.

Took me a while to get used to the idea I wouldn't be flying for the rest of my life.
  • GBFGBF
    maybe it is better this way. Flying is dangerous and causes stress.... You also would not have as much time to write in this forum....
    Well I actually got a little further than that, but after four days in a simulator I just made one too many mistakes. You were allowed 14 fail points on average per flight. (2 flights per day). But after a particualr bad flight (because of some restless sleep) I averaged 14.1 over 4 days.

Oh, I'm sorry - that's really bad luck. Guess we both have to get our kicks being geeky at airshows instead.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    They say a Man out shopping goes through similar stress levels as a fighter pilot !

Oh, I'm sorry - that's really bad luck. Guess we both have to get our kicks being geeky at airshows instead.

What about parachuting? Ever tried it?
    full.jpg
    - I am now aiming precisely at your groin...
    - Take the picture already!

Why jump out of a perfectly good plane? :P

More seriously: not yet, but I would like to someday!
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus

Why jump out of a perfectly good plane? :P

More seriously: not yet, but I would like to someday!

I have 20 years ago. Did a jump from 12,000 feet (Not quite the halo jump from TND).
    It was exhilarating. Would love to have another go. But just yesterday a tandem skydive went wrong in my country and a guy died (the instructor lived! Plummeted into a lake)

How often do you do the jumps @Andi1996Ruegg ? Is it a regular part of your service?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    (I suspect I'm too scruffy and rebellious to last long in the military, though.)
    You're the best kind, @Agent_99 .

Well you can't win them all ;-) And I still hope to go back to glider flying, which I did when I was about 15, 16. Never have I felt that free again.

PH-844.jpg

One of two I used to train on.

609.jpg

The one I flew solo in. This one was out of balance, which made it a bit more difficult to fly.

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I like those in FSX.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Both pics taken exactly 2 years apart, respectively 2 months before I turned 25 and 2 months before I'll be 27 years old.

DTtXh5e.jpg
    6dClmnM.png
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Birdleson wrote: »
    You've really grown.

But no new Bond film in those 2 years. ;)