Post a picture of yourself! :P

Comments

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Benny wrote: »
    I'd be highly surprised if it was the origin of Cooper's name. :)
    And just so you know, my surname isn't Hill.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgscEx624MoSVxi3ZAqGjp4hyLLfuW3Mv99GTe3X3FAQzIt0fF0w
    But, this was a photo I took of you at the Christmas party isn't it? Now, what are you saying?

Unless....
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3tKpHQU7z2w8amVnX17BKglhQSAqfbSMUThGbkZe8hzXT8J4A
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    The top one...the top one!
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    He's also a very prolific rider himself, and takes a lot of time to drive some of the windiest roads in the states with some of his biker friends. His bike is like his kid, and he takes meticulous care of it.

Lovely! I have a few US roads on my bucket list - the Tail of the Dragon and the Blue Ridge Parkway amongst others - and I'm always interested in hearing about more.
  • GBFGBF
    A very nice dog. By the way, is there a pet thread around here?
  • GBFGBF
    edited January 2018 Posts: 3,195
    [img][/img]IMG_49021_zpspyz6iadp.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I think there's one in the recipes thread. :-D
  • GBFGBF
    That's me on my latest trip to San Francisco and Oakland
  • GBFGBF
    IMG_5072_zpsmil65lsl.jpg

Did some AVTAK sight seeing

IMG_53501_zpsx85e6dgy.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Some nice photos
  • GBFGBF
    This was last November. Yes I had something in my mind that some of the members live there. We just had very little time. My girl friend has distant relatives living in Oakland so we visited them around Thanksgiving. We will certainly go there again in the future. Then I will tell in advance.
  • GBFGBF
    @Birdleson

have you been inside "Stacy's house"? Unfortunately, it is closed on Mondays, so we could not visit it.
    Would absolutely love to take a trip to San Fransisco at some point, doing some Bond sightseeing at the same time. Is a car trip on Highway 1 to recommend?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Whenever I travel, Bond locations are the last thing on my mind.
  • GBFGBF
    @Torgeirtrap

Yes, absolutely. We drove the Highway 1 down to Carmel-by-the-sea. But you can go even further south and I guess the most beautifull places are there. It was a very nice trip and a very relaxing drive since the highway was almost empty. We were also very lucky with the weather since it was very sunny in November.
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 2,896
    @Benny, never seen CR'67, so that reference is a bit lost on me. So I guess that's a no to your question. ;)

CR'67 is worth seeing, at the very least for the lovely Burt Bacharach score, the Bond-in-Berlin sequence, and the everything-plus-the-kitchen-sink finale. Watching the rest of it is also instructive, just to see how old Hollywood in its decline could put together such an unholy, incredibly incoherent mess.
    GBF wrote: »
    Yes, absolutely. We drove the Highway 1 down to Carmel-by-the-sea. But you can go even further south and I guess the most beautiful places are there.

The prize stretch is Big Sur, between Carmel and Pismo Beach, but at the moment it's closed around Mud Creek, thanks a landslide that added five million cubic yards to the coastline.

Whenever I travel, Bond locations are the last thing on my mind.

Would never travel with Bond locations in mind, either. But since San Fransisco (and the West Coast) is one of those places I really hope to visit, adding a few Bond related locations doesn't hurt. Went to Berlin on a class trip some years ago, and just had to make sure to make a stop at Checkpoint Charlie. We went into a nearby café for lunch while we were there, which happened to have a wall full of Octopussy memorabilia – complete with a model of the aircraft from the pre-title sequence! Forgot to take pictures, so I can't remember what the café was called.
    @Torgeirtrap

Yes, absolutely. We drove the Highway 1 down to Carmel-by-the-sea. But you can go even further south and I guess the most beautifull places are there. It was a very nice trip and a very relaxing drive since the highway was almost empty. We were also very lucky with the weather since it was very sunny in November.
    Revelator wrote: »
    The prize stretch is Big Sur, between Carmel and Pismo Beach, but at the moment it's closed around Mud Creek, thanks a landslide that added five million cubic yards to the coastline.

Sounds really nice! If the roads aren't that crowded, that's even better, really. I'm definitely taking notes from your comments, guys! Hopefully I can plan a road trip sometime. :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    He's also a very prolific rider himself, and takes a lot of time to drive some of the windiest roads in the states with some of his biker friends. His bike is like his kid, and he takes meticulous care of it.

Lovely! I have a few US roads on my bucket list - the Tail of the Dragon and the Blue Ridge Parkway amongst others - and I'm always interested in hearing about more.
    @Agent_99, I'm sure you'll be happy to know that my father has conquered the Tail of the Dragon's 318 curves in 11 miles. He even got a lot of memorabilia from the trip to commemorate that he'd ridden it. I'm not familiar with the Blue Ridge Parkway, but I'll ask him later if he's heard of it (knowing him, he has). ;)
    A very nice dog. By the way, is there a pet thread around here?
    @GBF, I thought there was too, but didn't have luck finding it, so I just put the pictures here since I was also in them. Maybe my dog will one day post on this forum, under the name @BradysDog, but he's got a lot of growing to do first. ;)
    Revelator wrote: »
    CR'67 is worth seeing, at the very least for the lovely Burt Bacharach score, the Bond-in-Berlin sequence, and the everything-plus-the-kitchen-sink finale. Watching the rest of it is also instructive, just to see how old Hollywood in its decline could put together such an unholy, incredibly incoherent mess.
    @Revelator, I'll definitely catch it sometime. I've got a Bond blog growing with a focus on film (will do writing on the novels when I'm a better authority on them) and I'll for sure get to CR'67 and do a review for it.

I'm a big fan of films that were made with very little or none of the filmmakers knowing what they were making, The Big Sleep probably being a favorite. But the stories I've heard about CR'67 have been on another level. Should be interesting.
    Went to Berlin on a class trip some years ago, and just had to make sure to make a stop at Checkpoint Charlie. We went into a nearby café for lunch while we were there, which happened to have a wall full of Octopussy memorabilia – complete with a model of the aircraft from the pre-title sequence! Forgot to take pictures, so I can't remember what the café was called.

I stumbled across this when I visited Berlin in 2016 and was thrilled! It's part of the Back-Factory chain, but - bad news - I went back in November and they'd made it more Checkpoint Charlie-themed, taking away all the Bond stuff bar the Acrostar :(

Here's how it was:

24612061255_d090dd67eb_z.jpg[

24612189865_58142a4b3b_z.jpg
    @Agent_99, I'm sure you'll be happy to know that my father has conquered the Tail of the Dragon's 318 curves in 11 miles.

Yikes, that's a lot of curves. One day! And well done to your dad!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Agent_99, I just checked with my dad and he has indeed driven the Blue Ridge Parkway as well, saying it was his first big bike trip way back when. He also salutes and approves of your biker lifestyle!
    Went to Berlin on a class trip some years ago, and just had to make sure to make a stop at Checkpoint Charlie. We went into a nearby café for lunch while we were there, which happened to have a wall full of Octopussy memorabilia – complete with a model of the aircraft from the pre-title sequence! Forgot to take pictures, so I can't remember what the café was called.

I stumbled across this when I visited Berlin in 2016 and was thrilled! It's part of the Back-Factory chain, but - bad news - I went back in November and they'd made it more Checkpoint Charlie-themed, taking away all the Bond stuff bar the Acrostar :(

Here's how it was:

24612061255_d090dd67eb_z.jpg[

24612189865_58142a4b3b_z.jpg

Oh, that's too bad! Would have loved to have taken some pictures of my own, If I were to visit Berlin again. Really regretting not taking pictures while eating there, now…
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Do you know who else is a biker?
    CCk7h8WWEAE5Wj4.jpg

Night Wolves.
    nighthawks_3244336k.jpg
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    We know it's you, Thundy! :D
  • GBFGBF
    @Torgeirtrap

Thanks for the information about Octopussy. I am 6 to 7 times in Berlin each year but did not know about that. Will definately go there the next time.
  • GBFGBF
    And if you go to San Franscisco and have some time you should certainly have a look at City hall. It is really impressive and the inside is very beautifull, too. We also visited the harbour but probably missed the place where Bond met Chuck Lee.
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 17,333
    @Torgeirtrap

Thanks for the information about Octopussy. I am 6 to 7 times in Berlin each year but did not know about that. Will definately go there the next time.

Looks like the café have removed all the Bond related stuff (see @Agent_99's comment and pictures above). As you can see from the pictures, there were some interesting stuff on that wall.
    And if you go to San Franscisco and have some time you should certainly have a look at City hall. It is really impressive and the inside is very beautifull, too. We also visited the harbour but probably missed the place where Bond met Chuck Lee.

I'll write down that as well! Take it the harbour doesn't look much like in the film (given it's age and all)?
    @Agent_99, I just checked with my dad and he has indeed driven the Blue Ridge Parkway as well, saying it was his first big bike trip way back when. He also salutes and approves of your biker lifestyle!

Excellent! Wishing him many, many safe and happy miles. Sticky side down; shiny side up :)

Excellent! Wishing him many, many safe and happy miles. Sticky side down; shiny side up :)
    @Agent_99, and he would wish the same to you. :) He takes motorbiking very serious and we've even got a sign in our yard that essentially alerts drivers to always be watchful of those who travel on two wheels on the open road.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Lovers' Rosy Stain
    My productivity with and participation on this forum has gone from 100% to 0 in the past couple of days, and all thanks to this little fella, the newest edition to my family, a two month old Cocker Spaniel named Cooper (the other animal in the pictures is yours truly):
    thT94nM.jpg
    NL4gZ0G.jpg

I've already felt a noticeable change in things with him around, not least of which in myself, as I don't feel as susceptible to cynicism or depression with this guy near. Just a small part of the mind-bending and indescribable impact dogs can have on a life.

Nice-looking dog. I'm thinking of getting one myself. A basset hound, perhaps.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Cooper.

Mini Cooper?
    mattjoes wrote: »
    My productivity with and participation on this forum has gone from 100% to 0 in the past couple of days, and all thanks to this little fella, the newest edition to my family, a two month old Cocker Spaniel named Cooper (the other animal in the pictures is yours truly):
    thT94nM.jpg
    NL4gZ0G.jpg

I've already felt a noticeable change in things with him around, not least of which in myself, as I don't feel as susceptible to cynicism or depression with this guy near. Just a small part of the mind-bending and indescribable impact dogs can have on a life.

Nice-looking dog. I'm thinking of getting one myself. A basset hound, perhaps.

Are you Columbo?
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    One pilgrimage every bond fan should do before they die is piz Gloria. I went there this summer ( pics on my Instagram- pm me if u care) and it’s amazing. The level of bond theme is insane. The frickin burgers are engraved with the 007 logo. There’s a museum and bond music playing everywhere and giant props.