Everything or Nothing appreciation

13»

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    mattjoes wrote: »
    So, I've a question regarding the soundtrack of the game. I've been looking for this one everywhere but couldn't find it, even having had dug deep into the game files to try and find the sound/music folder (damn GSF files!) and searched a thousand ways to decode it, but couldn't. Anyway...

There's a specific rendition of Sean Callery's James Bond Theme that plays during the NASCAR racing level (Red Line was it?) which was also heard in some of the video game's trailers (no, not the main version of The James Bond Theme that plays on the main menu). Does anyone seem to have it? @Murdock @jake24? Any ideas?

That's the version that plays during the level:

I've got it.

(If you want it, make Big Ben strike seven times at 6 pm tomorrow.)
    Duly noted, Commander.

I was serious, actually! :) Shall I send you the file? Found it online, to save us a hassle.

Ahh, a friend of mine uploaded that around the same time I made that request. He recorded it from its in-game play. However, thank you very much. :)
    Murdock wrote: »
    @MajorDSmythe, The Demo I played had the Nightfire gunbarrel with new music which sounded similar to TSWLM's gunbarrel music. I found a demo that was similar that has the Voice actress who played M in Nightfire voicing M in it. Though the Demo I played didn't feature any voice acting what so ever.

You intriged me, I enquiry to that. It's seems that the version in the video is from the number 40 of Official Playstation 2 Magazine (download here for emulator : http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/playstation/ps2-isos/official-playstation-2-magazine-demo-disc-40-dec-2003-uk/) and an other demo version, the one you have (more close to the game), is present in the number 44 :

In video (44) at 23:50 :

I would like one day play or see a video of the "demo" version of Agent Under Fire first level who is quite different from the finished version (see screenshoot here, section : "Anecdotes et"... http://jamesbond007.net/Encyclo/espion-pour-cible-agent-under-fire/).
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @moneyofpropre2, You were right on the money. You found the version I had alright!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    That one cut most of the gunbarrel out (a sign of things to come in the Craig era? ;) ). I am sure that the OPS2 demo I had, had a full version of the gun barrel. Maybe the UK demo was a little different. If I knew where my demo disc was, I would upload it. But it could be anywhere in my Bond merchandise (most of which is packed away up in my attic).
    Yes it was unfortunate they skipped the gunbarrel. I was looking forward to hearing that music again. :))
    Found this image of the demo disc.

ps2-uk-op2m40-front.jpg
    The disc itself had that same picture of Bond but it was expanded to show he was punching Jaws in the face. ;)
    A screenshot, please? :D
    Unfortunately I cannot provide one as I don't know where my disc of it is at the moment.
    Call the bomb squad and tell them to bring their metal detectors. Or in this case, Bond detectors. NAOOO! :D
    Might take a while. I haven't seen that disc in well over a decade. :P
    OjfUDW7.png
    When I've made CGI Pierce unhappy you know I've messed up. =))
    Murdock wrote: »
    When I've made CGI Pierce unhappy you know I've messed up. =))
    You know it! He's about to go Robert De Niro on you. =))

DcKAgcn.png
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Still more convincing than his CGI doubles in DAD.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    edited September 2017 Posts: 1,812
    Everything or Nothing is easily in my top five Bond games. I really wish I could play it on my PS4 or XBOX One. It's the only original Bond game that I feel has a title that sounds like it would be perfect for a Bond movie.
    So, I've a question regarding the soundtrack of the game. I've been looking for this one everywhere but couldn't find it, even having had dug deep into the game files to try and find the sound/music folder (damn GSF files!) and searched a thousand ways to decode it, but couldn't. Anyway...

There's a specific rendition of Sean Callery's James Bond Theme that plays during the NASCAR racing level (Red Line was it?) which was also heard in some of the video game's trailers (no, not the main version of The James Bond Theme that plays on the main menu). Does anyone seem to have it? @Murdock @jake24? Any ideas?

That's the version that plays during the level:

I've got it.

(If you want it, make Big Ben strike seven times at 6 pm tomorrow.)
    Duly noted, Commander.

I was serious, actually! :) Shall I send you the file? Found it online, to save us a hassle.

Ahh, a friend of mine uploaded that around the same time I made that request. He recorded it from its in-game play. However, thank you very much. :)

You're welcome. I like this version of the theme; Sean Callery did some good work. I also like the New Orleans car chase music.

It's a great game, too. I like the fact they used the Scotland MI6 HQ.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 12,837
    EON isn't my favourite Bond game. It's really cinematic and fun but I think it suffered from coming out after DAD. The writing isn't great and it's very sci fi and OTT because that's probably the direction they thought the films were going in when they started making it (I know Nightfire had the space finale but aside from that it could have been a great Bond film, better story than EON imo).

Still a really great game that really feels like a Bond film, it really helped with the 4 year gap between DAD and CR. I mean we got to play as Pierce Brosnan (and actually Pierce Brosnan this time) and rappel down exploding buildings, ride a gadget filled triumpth to catch a speeding armoured train, leap off a cliff and catch the Bond girl in mid air, and even fight Jaws. It's hard not to love it as Bond fanboy.

My favourite thing about EON is how much money/time clearly went into it. Very good graphics for its time, big setpieces and an all star cast. It's not just a crappy film tie in, it's a big blockbuster videogame in its own right. Feels really cinematic. Really hope that if we do ever get another video game, whoever has the licence invests that much into it. I want the production values of something like Call Of Duty or Uncharted rather than 007 Legends.
    Everything or Nothing is easily in my top five Bond games. I really wish I could play it on my PS4 or XBOX One. It's the only original Bond game that I feel has a title that sounds like it would be perfect for a Bond movie.

Yeah I genuinely wouldn't mind if they used the title for a film. It's a brilliant title imo, better than a lot of the unused Fleming titles and original titles people have suggested. I think if Brosnan had done one last film it would have been a really cool title for that. It has a real big finale end of an era sort of feel to it.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Retrospective look at Everything or Nothing
    edited October 2017 Posts: 15,423
    @Murdock @BMW_with_missiles @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

Early concept video of Everything or Nothing structuring what gameplay would look like later in the main game:
    https://www.facebook.com/007TheVideoGames/videos/853467588146501/
    Great stuff! I love seeing early concept footage. :-bd
    That makes two of us! :D
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    @ClarkDevlin That was so cool! The concept of earning, using, and depleting "Bond luck" is interesting, but I'm glad it wasn't in the final game.
    Indeed, takes time and direction what works and what doesn’t. :D

Watching this video, I wish Don Veca returned for the music score.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I had never seen the E3 teaser until now. Pretty awesome!
    Oh yes, that one is fantastic!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I welcome anyone who's played this game to have a go at solving the current game I'm hosting of 'Odd One Out'. What's the coinnection?

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/10118/odd-one-out/p104