Your B-day / MI6 anniversary thread

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited October 2021 Posts: 13,879
    My birthday was last Sunday; Monday we had a public holiday; yesterday was Global James Bond Day and today is my 10th anniversary here at the 'new digs', MI6 Community! That's a pretty sweet 4-day celebration. It sure doesn't feel like I've been here ten years. Maybe fifty?

I remember when I first joined in late 2011, everyone was getting excited for B23, and the press conference was just around the corner. It was very memorable following the 'Skyfall' production and sharing this experience with other Bond fans. I joined twitter just to find every scrap of info I could about the film and report it here. Made a lot of SF fan art back then - some of it I'm proud of, and all of it inaccurate to what would unfold in the film. It was a great time to be a fan. And now, here we are, at the end of another Bond actor's tenure. What a journey it's been.

It's such good fun reading all your posts and chatting with fellow Bond fans all across the world, it's pretty cool to be able to do that. I've become less active here the last few years - there was always lots of new threads and interesting comments being made that I didn't get to reply to over the years. Sadly there's not enough time in the day to go to my job, work on projects and say everything I want to say on the forum. Honestly though, I think I just prefer to sit back and let others do the talking (and gee-whiz, some of you can TALK).

Anyway my friends, here's to another ten years.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Congratulations on your 10th Anniversary, @QBranch! It's great to have you as part of the gang here! :)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    QBranch wrote: »
    My birthday was last Sunday; Monday we had a public holiday; yesterday was Global James Bond Day and today is my 10th anniversary here at the 'new digs', MI6 Community! That's a pretty sweet 4-day celebration. It sure doesn't feel like I've been here ten years. Maybe fifty?

I remember when I first joined in late 2011, everyone was getting excited for B23, and the press conference was just around the corner. It was very memorable following the 'Skyfall' production and sharing this experience with other Bond fans. I joined twitter just to find every scrap of info I could about the film and report it here. Made a lot of SF fan art back then - some of it I'm proud of, and all of it inaccurate to what would unfold in the film. It was a great time to be a fan. And now, here we are, at the end of another Bond actor's tenure. What a journey it's been.

It's such good fun reading all your posts and chatting with fellow Bond fans all across the world, it's pretty cool to be able to do that. I've become less active here the last few years - there was always lots of new threads and interesting comments being made that I didn't get to reply to over the years. Sadly there's not enough time in the day to go to my job, work on projects and say everything I want to say on the forum. Honestly though, I think I just prefer to sit back and let others do the talking (and gee-whiz, some of you can TALK).

Anyway my friends, here's to another ten years.

Congratulations on your Double OO Celebrations, here's to another ten years <:-P

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Happy 10th anniversary @QBranch !
    It is great having you around here.
    Coenzym-Q10-Kapseln-120-Kapseln-von-Unimedica.25076.1.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    A very happy belated birthday to you, @QBranch, and congratulations on your 10 year milestone! It really does fly by. Always been a pleasure getting to know you and interact over the years. Here's to 10 more!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Belated happy birthday @QBranch, and also congrats on your 10th anniversary here. <:-P
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Happy 10th anniversary to you @QBranch a true veteran and knowledgeable Bond fan.
    Always enjoy reading your posts and insights. And of course a belated happy birthday too you as well.
    ci0d66v49fi8.gif
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Happy anniversary, @QBranch! I didn't realise you were such a grizzled old veteran.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Happy anniversary, belated birthday, JB day, and national holiday @QBranch ! We're lucky to have you here!
    Happy anniversary and birthday @QBranch!
    Thank you so much for the kind words friends, that means a great deal. Your cheques are in the mail:

Boing-Bounced-Check.png?ssl=1

To those who didn't congratulate me on such an important milestone (and the MI6 anniversary):

@QBranch , you were great in that video. I hope you survived?
    Of course. I had the knife.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Of course. I had the knife.

Lol!
    So it was 16 years ago today that I originally signed up to the old forum Keeping The British End Up.
    What a journey it's been so far. Hope the next 16 are as exciting and fun.
    Benny wrote: »
    So it was 16 years ago today that I originally signed up to the old forum Keeping The British End Up.

Happy 16th MI6 Anniversary, @Benny! Good to have you around. :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Benny wrote: »

Here's to another 16, @Benny! It's been a joy getting to know you.
    Congrats Benny! What a milestone. You are very best Aussie moderator here.

Don't party too hard!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKaquuTaZeLNVYgfGnqTMmGfOmJSrA0MNxew&usqp=CAU
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Happy B-day, @QBranch!

And @Benny, my dear fellow, you're a great friend! Here's to another 16!
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Happy B-day, @QBranch!

51478778774_18984db80f_z.jpg
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'm the king of belated birthdays, @QBranch.
    3D91D88800000578-0-image-a-7_1487855125564.jpg
    Happy a-day, @Benny!
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I'm the king of belated birthdays, @QBranch.
    Hehe, thank you my friend.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Happy anniversary @Benny.

The "orange juice" is already flowing in the Mod Lounge in your honour.

ApprehensiveScaredDegu-max-1mb.gif
    So today marks my ninth anniversary of joining MI6 Community. Just to give you an illustration, that's the space between the GoldenEye PTS and the rest of the film. So a very long time. ;)

Anyway, I just wanted to say a word of thanks to one and all for allowing me another year of membership. This is still as great a place to discuss Bond and other topics as the day I joined. Largely that is down to the membership and of course the mods and admins keeping order and preventing troll and spam infestations. My hearty thanks to you all! :)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Happy Anniversary @Dragonpol <:-P

A very belated congratulations to @QBranch and @Benny, I need to visit this thread more.

If memory serves... Happy Birthday to @Thunderfinger

A very belated congratulations to @QBranch and @Benny, I need to visit this thread more.

Wow, I am impressed. Thank you, dear fellow.

And @Dragonpol, both you and @Dragonpol2 are great additions to this site.

If only there was a @Thunderfinger2 here as well.

Wow, I am impressed. Thank you, dear fellow.

And @Dragonpol, both you and @Dragonpol2 are great additions to this site.

If only there was a @Thunderfinger2 here as well.

Have a great day mate, I remembered as its the same day as my fathers.
    Congratulations on 9 years @Dragonpol thats no small achievement, and it’s always good to see long term members continue to enjoy the forums, and make the community what it is.
    Nicely done Draggers
    @Dragonpol Congrats, my friend! What is the anniversary stone for nine years - amber?

21844505.jpg