Everyday Drinking

Comments

Mojitos usually use white rum, but try making one with Sailor Jerry... Adds a nice kick.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'll have to remember that. The one thing it most certainly needed was a kick.
  • So I was taking a break from the presidential thread on this very board to fix myself a nice martini. When you shake that stainless steel mixer that sucker gets so cold that my hands stick to it! Does that happen to anyone else or am I shaking it too long :-??

Sooo good though. Hand-stuffed blue cheese olives are where it's at
    I'd kill for a martini right now, @Master_Dahark. I'm hoping the theater I attend for SF's midnight premiere has some vodka martinis available. If not, I'll have myself a few mojitos.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 2,189
    I'm planning on having a glass of Old Granddad Bourbon later to celebrate the election tonight. Ironically, I'm rooting for the guy that Kentucky isn't, (i.e. Obama).
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 4,813
    For Christmas my awesome sister got me a set of high-end martini glasses with a giftbox containing Grey Goose and a shaker!

Just look at that--- sooooooooo good

282975_977232541371_1646159556_n.jpg

That is a BIG glass, btw-- I had one before, and this one feels like a big weight compared to it!
    That looks so delicious. I have never had a Vesper or martini of any sort in my life, and I'm dying to have one. I've just stuck with my Mojitos.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 4,813
    This one is a tad strong as I didn't have any vermouth handy-- it's just vodka & olive juice! Still shaken though, so it's ice cold.

lol I'm having a tough time typing this. jkhkarhktlajnkurhtfkua ;)
    @Master_Dahark, I'm so jealous. ;)

Just...just go ahead and lie to me and tell me it's terrible.
  • I've had a regular vodka martini before but never a Vesper.

Booze wise, I got some 13 year old Scotch for christmas and a bottle of Smirnoff.
    Be careful with those Vespers, one night before Christmas I had 4 (as well as a few other drinks!), thinking "it's only 4 drinks", but it was only the next morning when, with a very bad hangover, did I realise that 4 Vespers is the equivalent of about 18 shots!
  • Alcohol is temptation from the devil and will take you into hell when you die.

Just have water as god intended human beings to drink.
    Alcohol is temptation from the devil and will take you into hell when you die.

I'm an atheist, so I don't believe in that nonsense. The occasional alcoholic drink works for me.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 4,813
    Well I've already had alcohol so I guess I'm stuck going to hell 8-|

(takes shot)

drunk_superman.gif
    Well I've already had alcohol so I guess I'm stuck going to hell 8-|

(takes shot)

Cheers, mate. See you there!

• Felt Australian tonight ;)

Picked up one of these on the way home from work; threw it and my big mug into the freezer while I showered and BAM

DSC_0456_zps8596f4bb.jpg?t=1359677012
    DSC_0457_zpsc507adda.jpg?t=1359677012

Look at that golden goodness! =P~

<center>WORTH IT

256px-YaoMing-meme.png</center>

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Without [alcohol], life itself would be impossible.
    ^

<center>xPZha.gif</center>
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

Are you being straight up here? Surely youre just ripping the piss out of religious nutters aren't you? I certainly hope you are - sounds like youre quoting Lady Whteadder from Blackadder II otherwise.

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Felt Australian tonight ;)

Picked up one of these on the way home from work; threw it and my big mug into the freezer while I showered and BAM

DSC_0456_zps8596f4bb.jpg?t=1359677012
    DSC_0457_zpsc507adda.jpg?t=1359677012

Look at that golden goodness! =P~

<center>WORTH IT

256px-YaoMing-meme.png</center>

I love the misconception regarding 'Fosters'
    The thing few know about this is you cannot buy Fosters in Australia, no-one here drinks it, and few have ever heard of it.
    If you wanted to go Aussie with your beer I'd go....
    vb_post_img.jpeg

CarltonDraught.jpg

tooheys_new_large.jpg

Me personaly, I go for cider.
    stowford-press-cider-132.jpg
  • Oh God NOT FOSTERS.

I'm gonna go weep.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    edited February 2013 Posts: 784
    Haven been watching the show Moonshiners

So we picked up some legally from the liquor store. Talk about a burn, its got a kick that's for sure. Ole Smoky Moonshine is what it's called.
    AgentFae wrote:
    Oh God NOT FOSTERS.

I'm gonna go weep.

I feel your pain, Fae.

• edited February 2013 Posts: 1,497
    Agent005 wrote:
    I just finished reading the book Everyday Drinking by Kingsley Amis and was inspired to start a topic for the drinkers of the board to share their favourite drinks and cocktail recipes.

Currently enjoying some altbiers. Nutty and caramelly, pretty good, if a tad sweet.

Lots of good craftbeers out where I live, so that's usually what I drink. Though in the summer time I do enjoy a refreshing mojito or mint julep. I always enjoy a good old fashioned too, or simply some whisky on the rocks.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 4,813
    These beers are totally unknown to me @Benny :(

What's wrong with Fosters anyway? It's damn beer. Besides, I tend to get a different one every time
    What's wrong with Fosters anyway?

My complaint is price vs quality. I'd rather just buy twice as much Budweiser.
  • I'm not entirely sure why people hate Fosters. I think it's nice enough. It's either Fosters or Carling in my fridge most of the time.

@Benny Ah that's not true, the advert with the two stereotypical Aussies made out that you all drink it :P
  • When you wake up one day with a failing liver you will remember that god warned you about the ills of intoxication...I will pray for you and hope you find the right path...
    Well, considering that I drink responsibly, I doubt I will be dealing with cirrhosis of the liver anytime in the future.
  • When you wake up one day with a failing liver

I've cut back on my drinking tons over the last few years so I reckon I'll be alright.