Going away or coming back?

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Brady s joke is there, the one that made some people flog and crucify Benny.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I blame @Creasy47 for being so weak as to allow all of this to happen.

Guess I missed my opportunity to backtrack and blame it all on @Creasy47 , then. But knowing how all this mess turned out, people would think it really was his idea and they'd be off knocking his door down with pitchforks next.

With my newly found powers of bulls#$ttery I should perform some manipulations that would actually help the forum for once. Like convincing the less evolutionary minded of us that hitting their head off a brick wall boosts their IQ by half a point for every fifth hit they land. By 2018 I'd have more concussions to my name than the college and national football leagues combined.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Just read up on all the goings on. Pity about this situation all round. Part of me wonders if there's still a joke at play (is there?), that's how convincing the original was imho. What surprises me is how a mod's account seemed to have been hacked to show a post which appeared to have come from him. That takes some keyboard wizardry of the first order.

Anyway, hope everyone calms down and doesn't get too riled up over this. Mods perhaps shouldn't be incorporated into gags given the authoritative position they hold here.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I first read bits on my mobile and my first thought was someone had hacked in and was causing issues. I alerted admin (like a plonker).
    Then it became clear it was a prank but we weren't sure who was responsible. Sometimes we are so tuned in to sorting problems out that we occasionally see them where they don't exist.
    There were words said in the mod room regrettably which lead to Benny taking a break. It's all ok now.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I blame @Creasy47 for being so weak as to allow all of this to happen.

You lot should know by now this is always the best avenue to take.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    When you can't tell your Hoaxer from your Hacker it's time to ..... :-D
    bondjames wrote: »
    Just read up on all the goings on. Pity about this situation all round. Part of me wonders if there's still a joke at play (is there?), that's how convincing the original was imho. What surprises me is how a mod's account seemed to have been hacked to show a post which appeared to have come from him. That takes some keyboard wizardry of the first order.

Anyway, hope everyone calms down and doesn't get too riled up over this. Mods perhaps shouldn't be incorporated into gags given the authoritative position they hold here.

No its no joke still going on unfortunately..@benny sent me a message on FB messenger ,it is all genuine,but he's not too cut up about it and will be back in probably 3-4 weeks.
    He is very busy as well,so once he has sorted out other things he will return.

It's all good,time to move on .
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    bondjames wrote: »

Well, I have a graphic design background, so if I can't fake a simple message then my college arts degree should be flushed. It's something anyone could do though, given time. (Though wouldn't encourage it, obviously)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Well, it fooled me (not hard I know) but at the same time I didn't jump off the handle and start firing off PMs in all directions like the noble young knight. Instead, I watched and waited. I'd encourage others to hold their fire and do the same again in such a situation.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited September 2017 Posts: 8,114
    I just hope the lesson was learnt by those involved so we can put this business behind us.
    It would be nice to put it all behind us now and move on, yes.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Thank goodness I seem to have missed all of this .
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    Thank goodness I seem to have missed all of this .

How fortunate you are!
    Or is that an alibi ? Some misdirection ? ;-)
    No mate it's not even entry level tradecraft!.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    No mate it's not even entry level tradecraft!.

All very simple. Someone pulled a prank, so we had Benny killed. Horses for courses.
    Discipline must be maintained. ;-)
    I will feel much happier when I see that Benny is back
    I'm going to leave the site for some time. I don't know how long. Bye all.
    @FoxRox take care whilst you are away.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Looking forward to your return, and hope things are ok in the meantime.
    Enjoy your down time @FoxRox
    Take care mate and don't be a stranger @FoxRox !!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    @FoxRox take it easy
    Hope to see you sooner rather than later, @FoxRox, and that your leave of absence isn't from a place of stress or disappointment (this sadly seems to be an overriding theme of exoduses from here).
    Hope to see you again soon, @FoxRox. Have a good break in the meantime.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Hi all! I've been away for a long time, had a bit of a hiatus from Bond after SP came out (a fishing trip away from 007) - not that I disliked the film or anything - in some ways I enjoyed it more than SF, but now and then I need a healthy break from my favourite franchise, and then come back with renewed enthusiasm. Apologies for not dropping in now and then to let people know I'm still alive, but I am well, life is pretty good atm. I've been missing MI6 Community very much! I hope to be around on the forum a bit more now, and what better time to return than on global JB day!

How is everyone here? Hope all are doing well, and a big hello to all the new members that have joined since I left. Looking forward to once again discussing all things Bond, and sharing in the experience of pre-production leading up to B25. G007D times ahead!

Andrew
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @QBranch, Welcome back! Aren't you a sight for sore eyes! I've been wondering where you've been off too. Great to have you back! :-bd
    QBranch wrote: »
    Hi all! I've been away for a long time, had a bit of a hiatus from Bond after SP came out (a fishing trip away from 007) - not that I disliked the film or anything - in some ways I enjoyed it more than SF, but now and then I need a healthy break from my favourite franchise, and then come back with renewed enthusiasm. Apologies for not dropping in now and then to let people know I'm still alive, but I am well, life is pretty good atm. I've been missing MI6 Community very much! I hope to be around on the forum a bit more now, and what better time to return than on global JB day!

How is everyone here? Hope all are doing well, and a big hello to all the new members that have joined since I left. Looking forward to once again discussing all things Bond, and sharing in the experience of pre-production leading up to B25. G007D times ahead!

Andrew

YEEEESSSSSS!

cnns-reaction-upon-hearing-about-another-plane-crash-163037.gif
    Vo60V.gif?c=popkey-web&p=popkey&i=happybirthday-events&l=direct&f=.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    Celebration-GIF-Image-Download-6.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

Utterly fantastic to have you back, old friend.