Going away or coming back?

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Those pictures say 1000 nice words. I'll take it. You can still be annoyed all you want. ;)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    royale65 wrote: »
    No can do. Haven't you heard? Only positivity is allowed on this forum. Go on, say something nice about Mr. Brosnan.

Ah, he didn't make a fifth.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    There you, both Thundy and Draggers said something nice about the Brozz!
    There you, both Thundy and Draggers said something nice about the Brozz!

To be fair, I have no real issue with Brosnan. A bit more Fleming in his films would've been nice, but that is a familiar refrain. Just my little joke really.
    We could all do with a little bit more Fleming.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Do some need penicillin ? ;-)
    We could all do with a little bit more Fleming.

Make that my signature on MI6 Community!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I guess we're all a lovely bunch of nonconformists. We should all let our freak flag fly. ;-)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Yeah, well said.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Birdleson wrote: »
    You guys read too much into my brief statement. Especially you Brady.

I think people who are not very much into CR to QOS and Craig but love SP know what I was hinting at. It's a fact in here and experienced by enough.

Anyway it is not my intention to cause some argument.
    I made a decision and out of respect for this forum I posted my goodbye.

Once we get a new era my interest in Bond will be renewed.

Well you're certainly not helping whatever this is by saying goodbye, then coming back, then saying goodbye, then coming back... It's a hot and cold situation that confuses the hell out of me, so it's only natural I'd get lost.
    jake24 wrote: »
    I think you're being a bit melodramatic, mate.

@jake24, apparently we're reading too much into it. But what "it" is, I've no idea.

At this point you know that is Jason. It's his character, for better or ill, and we know that he can become sensitive and rash. It is a great part of his appeal and it is why he partly is widely loved. Logic doesn't enter into it. No reason to spar with him. He'll be back, and I for one will be glad. Believe me, I know how ludicrous it all seems.

Not sparring with anyone, just questioning the purpose of saying a goodbye like you're heading off to death itself. The theatre of it is obscene.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited August 2017 Posts: 9,020
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    So we'll see you in a month or two.
    Sorry Jason, but bashing members because you disagree with them, then sending yourself into some self imposed exile because of it, is Mi6 Community forum fault somehow.
    You like any other member is valued and encouraged to participate, however the way in which you have currently conducted yourself has been overly dramatic and completely unnecessary.
    We all have moments that we need a sabbatical, but we don't need to take it out on the forum as a whole. You'll find plenty of support from friends should you need it.
    Interest in Bond as with any subject and wane at times. so It's understandable..
    enjoy your downtime @BondJasonBond006
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited July 2017 Posts: 23,883
    @BondJasonBond006, I don't come on this thread often but was surprised to see you back (even if only to say goodbye again).

You're a valuable member of this forum as far as I'm concerned. I really enjoy your points of view on many things (not just Bond). I may not agree with you on a lot (Brosnan?) but I appreciate your passion for Bond and for film.

I am not sure what the problem is, but if it's a concern about possible favouritism towards long standing members, I'll back you up (as long as your dispute isn't with me!!). Ultimately I look at every member equally, no matter how much I may disagree with their views, and I think everyone here does too, at least consciously. I think the key is the particulars of a specific dispute, and not how long somebody has been a keyboard warrior here.

Anyway, hope you miss us as much as we miss you and get back over here for some vigorous debates about Brozza. Everyone cools off after a while and a break is always a good idea from time to time.
    I thought you were gone Jas?

It seems to me that you have any lot of support, forum wide, and not mentioning any specific threads, of course. See Thunderpussy and bondjames have expressed sympathy that you are going, but you've chosen to respond to @Benny's point. Hmmm.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Jason Mate pick your toys up and put them back in your pram ,you are better than this if it's getting at you have a rest or just ignore the poster they will soon get tired of it if you don't reply.
    No problem @BondJasonBond006 , I understand you're just trying to clarify things.
    Sorry to see you go, @BondJasonBond006, but you can still post over on AJB in the meantime. A break from forums every so often does no harm really. It helps to avoid total burnout with the subject matter. I'm sure you'll be back with us again at some point nearer the time of Bond 25's release. :)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I think some people struggle on forums because they do end up clashing with other individuals, and if they have even an ounce of sensitivity it can end badly. Every forum has this problem, so whatever Jason is looking for I wish him luck.

I just hope we don't have this same conversation in another 5 weeks time.

I simply try not to engage with those, who've
    Attacked me in the past, and avoid many threads because of past reactions. All
    Forums have nice people and a few not
    So nice........ that is life.
    I hate Kara Milovy.
    I've heard she speaks very highly of you . ;-)
    @barryt007
    Are you drunk?
    I've heard she speaks very highly of you . ;-)

She sent me a text last week saying I was a back end of horse .

DarthDimi wrote: »
    @barryt007
    Are you drunk?

If only,DD ...but alas i'm not..........yet.
    You like Belgian beer? I can supply you with some:

e-bekende-bieren-bierbox.jpg

It's the Devil's urine, mate, but you'll be out of all your troubles. For a while.
    As long as it has alcohol in it then it will do me !
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I hate Kara Milovy.

This is not the controversial opinions thread Bazzer.
    And for what it's worth Kara is a lovely girl, in a nearly abusive relationship, having to raise a cello on her own whilst holding down a full time orchestra.

You should be ashamed. Now,,.pass those beers round.