Your Bond Collection

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited April 2021 Posts: 13,879
    Many thanks @goldenswissroyale @mattjoes
    I was thinking about fraud.
    Oh, okay. I'll look into it.

EDIT:

I shall put my plan into operation straight away. And there will be no failure!
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    You can't tell, but hidden in there is the Hot Wheels Goldfinger box, a Marks & Spencer DB5, and a Minichamps DB5. Anticipate getting an SIS mug, the Corgi DB5 and Triumph by year's end, and that my friends, may wrap up my collecting of 007 as far as this type of thing goes. I have all 007 related books on my Kindle, and about a dozen Ts, as well as all the movies, of course- and all soundtracks.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/gr4rHKaYw5afgiiGA
    =bg= wrote: »
    You can't tell, but hidden in there is the Hot Wheels Goldfinger box, a Marks & Spencer DB5, and a Minichamps DB5. Anticipate getting an SIS mug, the Corgi DB5 and Triumph by year's end, and that my friends, may wrap up my collecting of 007 as far as this type of thing goes. I have all 007 related books on my Kindle, and about a dozen Ts, as well as all the movies, of course- and all soundtracks.
    Very nice car and mug collection. :)>-
    DAD breather

in film:
    51125165933_b1b9cb7caa_o.png

exhibit prop:
    51126066320_513f362cd5_o.png

Finished making this one recently, following as closely as I can to the prop seen at the Designing 007 exhibit.

51124648842_35d5b1517d_o.png

Part found items, part custom; metal, plastic and rubber. Project cost: $100

51126021680_4ae46919d5_o.png
    51125121628_5e1802df7b_o.png
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    That's wonderful, @QBranch! Bit disappointed there isn't a shot of you with it in your gob though.
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s

Oh I love the way you’ve put your Funko's in a mug, I’m gonna use that! 😊 Great collection @=bg=
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    That's wonderful, @QBranch! Bit disappointed there isn't a shot of you with it in your gob though.
    Cheers! I'll be sure to take a pic of me testing it out, next time I'm in the tub.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Oh I love the way you’ve put your Funko's in a mug, I’m gonna use that! 😊 Great collection @=bg=
    Yeah those are nice mugs.

QBranch wrote: »

Hoho, this is great! Can you go into more detail about how you made it?

The letter reads like a GE video game briefing!

I save the little plastic cups that come with Pillsbury cinnamon rolls; then turn em over and they stand on those.

mattjoes wrote: »

Cheers, my friend - and well spotted - that is a DAD letterhead with the GE64 dossier layout. Just something fun to compliment the prop, and to imagine the moment Q gives it to him.

It's roughly half found parts and half 3D printed parts. Assembly/list:

rubber mouthpiece
    mouthpiece to T-junction connector (custom part) - black plastic
    half pearl for 'ball valve' inserted into back of mouthpiece connector - blue acrylic
    T-junction piece (custom part) - silver plastic painted in aluminium
    steel bearings for 'collars', which slide over side pegs of T-junction
    aluminium mini scuba tank key rings, slot into holes in side pegs of T-junction
    black end caps (custom parts) slot into scuba tanks, with correct scuba brand logo embossed
    bolt head (custom part) with peg slots into end of T-junction - silver plastic painted in aluminium

Below is an exploded view of the breather before finishing assembling it:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51126021050_8a460ab07d_o.png

51124649187_9c621a8538_o.png
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Added the two new 007 puzzles, the “all posters and the “debuts posters”, from the 007 store.

So far the “all posters” one is proving a bit easy due to high familiarity with the posters and can place the pieces fairly quickly.
    mattjoes wrote: »

Cheers, my friend - and well spotted - that is a DAD letterhead with the GE64 dossier layout. Just something fun to compliment the prop, and to imagine the moment Q gives it to him.

It's roughly half found parts and half 3D printed parts. Assembly/list:

rubber mouthpiece
    mouthpiece to T-junction connector (custom part) - black plastic
    half pearl for 'ball valve' inserted into back of mouthpiece connector - blue acrylic
    T-junction piece (custom part) - silver plastic painted in aluminium
    steel bearings for 'collars', which slide over side pegs of T-junction
    aluminium mini scuba tank key rings, slot into holes in side pegs of T-junction
    black end caps (custom parts) slot into scuba tanks, with correct scuba brand logo embossed
    bolt head (custom part) with peg slots into end of T-junction - silver plastic painted in aluminium

Below is an exploded view of the breather before finishing assembling it:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51126021050_8a460ab07d_o.png

51124649187_9c621a8538_o.png

Very cool indeed. How heavy is it?
    @mattjoes It's got a good bit of weight. The digital scales say it's about 8g, but I know it's a lot heavier than that, somewhere between 20-50g.
    WsFTwJZ.jpg
    Stunning photo. :)>-
    Yes, great photo and enviable collection too!
    A few Skyfall items new to the collection:

"So, 007... Lots to be done. Are you ready to get back to work?"

Bond's MI6 dossier seen at the end of the film:

51108777454_fcd5911e7f_o.png
    51109805975_190b419a70_o.png
    51109805840_b62900cb0e_o.png
    Will we ever know what was inside the envelope?

"Get these analyzed. For her eyes only."

Depleted uranium bullet fragments in bio hazard evidence bag. Cost very little to make this.

51109808690_bc0a32d3b3_o.png
    51108461492_f31af4e117_o.png

The shrapnel here is shaped from tin:

51108461217_ce533b5718_o.png

"I'd like to cash this in, please."

Macau chip - finished this one last weekend. Simple version, but really happy with how it turned out.

51108776879_e073f72a92_o.png
    51108929738_6ee902044e_o.png
    51109028811_48fdd93414_o.png

Group shot:

51109809655_533ea68454_o.png

They are so cool!!!!
    @RogueAgent Thanks buddy! :)>-
    E5M3lfDXoAMeG5I.jpg

My friend runs a games shop and let me have this fine collectible as the possibility of anyone else ever wanting it was low.
  • Agent_99 wrote: »
    E5M3lfDXoAMeG5I.jpg

My friend runs a games shop and let me have this fine collectible as the possibility of anyone else ever wanting it was low.

Hope you have a good time with that @Agent_99!
    Alas, the family ST went to Silicon Heaven a long time ago!
  • How do you upload a photo here?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    How do you upload a photo here?

Click on the image icon, a square appears where it says "Image URL". Copy the URL adress of the image and paste it into the square.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    E5M3lfDXoAMeG5I.jpg

I think that's the one with the boat chase from the LALD film as the main game on it? If so, I think it came out around 1986. Still, it's nice to have. Never seen the actual disk before.

Click on the image icon, a square appears where it says "Image URL". Copy the URL adress of the image and paste it into the square.

Still, it needs to be on the internet. If it is only on your pc, it won t work. Just to be clear.

Still, it needs to be on the internet. If it is only on your pc, it won t work. Just to be clear.

Yes, and I think that you have to upload any images from your PC on to an Image sharing site before you can upload them here. I've never really done that here, however, though I gather that's how it's done.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Yes, and I think that you have to upload any images from your PC on to an Image sharing site before you can upload them here. I've never really done that here, however, though I gather that's how it's done.

Yes, that is the way.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Yes, that is the way.

Thought so. The following thread has a useful instructional video by @BMW_with_missiles which will help explain things for @Quantum_of_Tomorrow and any other new members who want to know how to upload photos here:

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/19049/how-to-post-photos-and-videos-to-mi6-instructional-video
    the possibility of anyone else ever wanting it was low.
    Think twice, 0099.