Your Bond Collection

14748505253

Comments

  • mattjoesmattjoes Doctor Nose
    Posts: 4,911
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    E5M3lfDXoAMeG5I.jpg

    They were supposed to connect the bottom horizontal bar of the E with the middle horizontal bar of the A, otherwise having LIVE higher than AND LET DIE is pointless.

    Pointless!

  • My wife surprised me for my birthday this year with an original Man With the Golden Gun poster. Apparently it was in terrible condition though, so she had it restored by a guy we’ve used in the past. Can’t wait to get a nice frame for it and hang it up, it’s a real beauty. 1tmBnZT.jpg
  • Posts: 1,697
    My wife surprised me for my birthday this year with an original Man With the Golden Gun poster. Apparently it was in terrible condition though, so she had it restored by a guy we’ve used in the past. Can’t wait to get a nice frame for it and hang it up, it’s a real beauty. 1tmBnZT.jpg
    That's an awesome present and a very thoughtful spouse.

    When we were still dating, my spouse went to the trouble of going back to a city I'd seen a TB/YOLT rerelease poster and gave that to me for Christmas back in the early '90s. I still treasure that poster both for what it is and the thought behind it.
  • BT3366 wrote: »
    My wife surprised me for my birthday this year with an original Man With the Golden Gun poster. Apparently it was in terrible condition though, so she had it restored by a guy we’ve used in the past. Can’t wait to get a nice frame for it and hang it up, it’s a real beauty. 1tmBnZT.jpg
    That's an awesome present and a very thoughtful spouse.

    When we were still dating, my spouse went to the trouble of going back to a city I'd seen a TB/YOLT rerelease poster and gave that to me for Christmas back in the early '90s. I still treasure that poster both for what it is and the thought behind it.

    That’s a great story and it certainly adds to the value of the poster. Sounds like we both picked great partners!
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    Posts: 1,302
    My wife surprised me for my birthday this year with an original Man With the Golden Gun poster. Apparently it was in terrible condition though, so she had it restored by a guy we’ve used in the past. Can’t wait to get a nice frame for it and hang it up, it’s a real beauty. 1tmBnZT.jpg
    Nice one 👍😃
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 377
    https://imgur.com/gallery/zEsrha9

    I took a trip to Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago and had a string of good luck playing Blackjack at Caesars. Found myself walking through a film memorabilia store and came across this frame containing autographs from each Bond. Like the man says in Octopussy, “easy come, easy go.”

  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Posts: 2,684
    What a great memento of the occasion though!
  • Posts: 1,344
    Dalton and Moore looks fake , i would not buy autographs in Vegas , lots of forgers there.....Antiquities for ex
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Posts: 1,460
    Tracy wrote: »
    Dalton and Moore looks fake , i would not buy autographs in Vegas , lots of forgers there.....Antiquities for ex

    Yes a lot of JB autographs are fake. So easy $$$ for forgers.
  • Posts: 12,300
    What a fantastic gift!!!! :-bd
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    edited August 2021 Posts: 2,239
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    E5M3lfDXoAMeG5I.jpg

    My friend runs a games shop and let me have this fine collectible as the possibility of anyone else ever wanting it was low.

    1MB AND double sided! Woohoo!

    We've come a long way...:-D
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    edited August 2021 Posts: 1,302
    MGBC26660_800x.jpg?v=1628660256

    Yep, I'm definitely getting that 😬
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Posts: 1,208
    Just bought the new "Q" mug
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 11,901
    I've shown several prop guns here and on the PPK thread, but the following are merchandise.
    Lots of blue here.

    51378226170_761682e981_o.png
    007 water pistol from Toys by Boys, made in 1967. Originally came with a bottle of 'Disapero - The vanishing bleed' liquid which shoots out red and 'disappears in seconds', leaving no marks or stains. The gun itself is branded 'Multiple Products', a company known for making numerous other Bond toys back in the '60s. Gold '007' logo is on the right grip panel only. The toy is very small (smaller than in the photo), or should I say, a convenient pocket size.

    51377957704_5221a1ec17_o.png
    Everyone's favourite nephew James Bond Junior had his own gun which came with the Hot Shot CD Player toy. It featured earphones, a removable disc which doubled as a fling 'blade' frisbee saw, a booby trap function, and this cap-firing pistol. Made by Hasbro in 1991, this toy arrived to me in sealed box with all the parts still in their own bags, having never seen the light of day for nearly 30 years.

    51378309294_30d685a7e8_o.png
    One of the most valuable items in my collection, this is the Moonraker 'Space Gun' from Lone Star, 1979. It's in great condition for its age, but the door that receives the roll of caps doesn't pop up (note the hole for adding oil). Box and tray are in pretty good condition. Space Marine's ISE sticker on the right.
  • Posts: 1,697
    QBranch wrote: »
    I've shown several prop guns here and on the PPK thread, but the following are merchandise.
    Lots of blue here.

    51378226170_761682e981_o.png
    007 water pistol from Toys by Boys, made in 1967. Originally came with a bottle of 'Disapero - The vanishing bleed' liquid which shoots out red and 'disappears in seconds', leaving no marks or stains. The gun itself is branded 'Multiple Products', a company known for making numerous other Bond toys back in the '60s. Gold '007' logo is on the right grip panel only. The toy is very small (smaller than in the photo), or should I say, a convenient pocket size.

    51377957704_5221a1ec17_o.png
    Everyone's favourite nephew James Bond Junior had his own gun which came with the Hot Shot CD Player toy. It featured earphones, a removable disc which doubled as a fling 'blade' frisbee saw, a booby trap function, and this cap-firing pistol. Made by Hasbro in 1991, this toy arrived to me in sealed box with all the parts still in their own bags, having never seen the light of day for nearly 30 years.

    51378309294_30d685a7e8_o.png
    One of the most valuable items in my collection, this is the Moonraker 'Space Gun' from Lone Star, 1979. It's in great condition for its age, but the door that receives the roll of caps doesn't pop up (note the hole for adding oil). Box and tray are in pretty good condition. Space Marine's ISE sticker on the right.

    I was wondering about that sticker. I've seen those for sale in box but never have I seen that. This is one of those pieces I'd like to have in my collection but a bit out of my price range. Americans didn't get some of the cool merchandising those in Britain and Europe did. Instead, we got those cheap Coibel sets from when AVTAK was released. They were basically existing toys with a 007 label slapped on them.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 11,901
    BT3366 wrote: »
    I was wondering about that sticker. I've seen those for sale in box but never have I seen that. This is one of those pieces I'd like to have in my collection but a bit out of my price range. Americans didn't get some of the cool merchandising those in Britain and Europe did. Instead, we got those cheap Coibel sets from when AVTAK was released. They were basically existing toys with a 007 label slapped on them.
    The sticker is something I made a year or so before buying the Space Gun, and thought I would add it in the photo to compliment it. When I decided I wanted the Moonraker gun, there were two of them at auction. Instead, I bought this one outright for a tad more $ because I couldn't be buggered waiting for the auctions to end. I think it was in better condition than the others.

    It's likely those Coibel sets wouldn't get through customs here, that's why I tend to look for the colourful ones. I like the idea of May Day having her own Wicke revolver, even if it's not like those seen in the film.
  • Posts: 1,697
    QBranch wrote: »
    BT3366 wrote: »
    I was wondering about that sticker. I've seen those for sale in box but never have I seen that. This is one of those pieces I'd like to have in my collection but a bit out of my price range. Americans didn't get some of the cool merchandising those in Britain and Europe did. Instead, we got those cheap Coibel sets from when AVTAK was released. They were basically existing toys with a 007 label slapped on them.
    The sticker is something I made a year or so before buying the Space Gun, and thought I would add it in the photo to compliment it. When I decided I wanted the Moonraker gun, there were two of them at auction. Instead, I bought this one outright for a tad more $ because I couldn't be buggered waiting for the auctions to end. I think it was in better condition than the others.

    It's likely those Coibel sets wouldn't get through customs here, that's why I tend to look for the colourful ones. I like the idea of May Day having her own Wicke revolver, even if it's not like those seen in the film.

    Ah, it's a nice touch. As I have zero interest in owning a real firearm, I like the Wicke models. I only have the GE and TWINE versions so far but am always on the lookout for others but as I mentioned only for a price I'm comfortable with, which doesn't make it easy. But that's the fun of collecting, finding things when not expecting them.
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 1,344
    If i sold the sgd Drax Mego MIB id want at least 3-500$ for it , just the figure itself is worth minimum 150$ , its prolly the only one Lonsdale signed

    The Lazenby/Rigg Corgi MOC is also unique , i paid a lot for it un-signed
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited August 2021 Posts: 11,901
    BT3366 wrote: »
    As I have zero interest in owning a real firearm, I like the Wicke models. I only have the GE and TWINE versions so far but am always on the lookout for others but as I mentioned only for a price I'm comfortable with, which doesn't make it easy.
    Would love to own the Dalton and Brosnan Wicke versions. Occasionally a TND P99 will pop up on ebay. I have a black one, but it isn't official Bond merch, it has 'P99' on the slide rather than '007'. I also have a transparent P99, which seems to be the only colour Wicke still make. They do a transparent P99 and PPK, but the latter is harder to get. One of the PPKs comes with a transparent silencer. These have the roll of caps feeding through the grip and out the front rather than on top of the slide. I can pretend they're the x-ray versions from TND's title sequence:

    51393384747_f96bc99f0b_o.png
    BT3366 wrote: »
    But that's the fun of collecting, finding things when not expecting them.
    I have fun with ebay's 'save search' function, when things I've given up on pop up in my emails.


    A couple more Moonraker items:

    Hotel Danieli room service menu - you can see this under Holly's diary when Bond uses the poison pen:

    51378647715_62492471cb_o.jpg

    Bond picks up the diary, and we see the front of the menu:

    51377873823_d7e26a0c79_o.jpg

    This is a genuine example from Venice, in perfect condition and dated to 1977:

    51378378344_6ef242922c_o.png

    It unfolds into four sections:

    51378649255_8dac68f836_o.png

    A glimpse at what Bond and Holly may or may not have consumed on that night:

    51378379549_24ddfbc16c_b.jpg

    While Bond is at Venini Glass, there's a group tour, with several of the visitors holding glassware catalogues:

    51378231720_e1ee1e43b3_o.jpg

    You can spot promotional posters throughout the building, behind Bond and at the reception next to the blonde beauty, Irka:

    51377225851_c64a100cf5_o.jpg
    51377458058_fc2f67d7af_o.jpg

    The catalogue held by the tourists - 'Vetri Di Murano Dell'800', (1978). This one is in excellent condition:

    51376461182_93d7b37b6b_o.png

    One of the tourists has the book open on this page:

    51377457833_9ef5555fae_o.jpg
    51377963919_ee4a596107_o.png
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    Posts: 790
    Incredible. I am amazed by everything you post on here.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 11,901
    Thank you my friend, that means a great deal. I'll post some more vintage gear soon.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Posts: 2,684
    QBranch wrote: »
    It's likely those Coibel sets wouldn't get through customs here, that's why I tend to look for the colourful ones. I like the idea of May Day having her own Wicke revolver, even if it's not like those seen in the film.

    A couple of years ago I visited the spy museum in Berlin. Their fine gift shop featured an umbrella with a fake gun as the handle. I really wanted it but I couldn't see Ryanair letting me bring it back in my hand luggage!
    BT3366 wrote: »
    Ah, it's a nice touch. As I have zero interest in owning a real firearm, I like the Wicke models. I only have the GE and TWINE versions so far but am always on the lookout for others but as I mentioned only for a price I'm comfortable with, which doesn't make it easy. But that's the fun of collecting, finding things when not expecting them.

    The GE Wicke gun is actually how I found this forum. I dug mine out (purchased in a toy shop in Oxford, 1995) and was wondering if it was worth anything. The rest, as they say, is history.
  • Posts: 12,300
    Some great things their peeps!!!!! :-bd
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    edited September 2021 Posts: 1,208
    m7uSYPC.jpg
    l293MjG.jpg
    rZyPiS6.jpg


  • mattjoesmattjoes Doctor Nose
    Posts: 4,911
    Very cool items from the hotel and the museum in Moonraker. I also love the schematics of the globes and the hexagonal glass containers.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 2021 Posts: 11,901
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Very cool items from the hotel and the museum in Moonraker. I also love the schematics of the globes and the hexagonal glass containers.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    That Tosca DVD... is the performance close to the film version? I'd thought about buying it at some point. I take it's PAL.
    Thank you, my friend. You might've seen on the questions thread, I got around to checking the Tosca DVD - it's pretty faithful to what we see in QOS, except their clothes are different. Since it's a DVD, the quality, menu etc. isn't the best, but a nice addition none the less. Four subtitles to choose from too. This one is NTSC picture format, region code 0.

    m7uSYPC.jpg
    Really like the laptop setup there. I have Q's laptop and stand, and intend to do a similar setup one day. That was my desktop background for a year or two.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Doctor Nose
    Posts: 4,911
    QBranch wrote: »
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Very cool items from the hotel and the museum in Moonraker. I also love the schematics of the globes and the hexagonal glass containers.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    That Tosca DVD... is the performance close to the film version? I'd thought about buying it at some point. I take it's PAL.
    Thank you, my friend. You might've seen on the questions thread, I got around to checking the Tosca DVD - it's pretty faithful to what we see in QOS, except their clothes are different. Since it's a DVD, the quality, menu etc. isn't the best, but a nice addition none the less. Four subtitles to choose from too. This one is NTSC picture format, region code 0.
    Thank you. Incidentally, since we last talked about the DVD, I found some parts of that Bregenz performance of the opera on YouTube. Musically, it's pretty much the same as the film. It's nice to have.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited September 2021 Posts: 5,609
    Is there a link to the above Spectre ring wallpaper? I googled it but to no avail.

    It's an amazing set up!
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Posts: 1,208
    Is there a link to the above Spectre ring wallpaper? I googled it but to no avail.

    It's an amazing set up!
    https://www.behance.net/gallery/31672561/SPECTRE-UI
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts: 5,609
    Is there a link to the above Spectre ring wallpaper? I googled it but to no avail.

    It's an amazing set up!
    https://www.behance.net/gallery/31672561/SPECTRE-UI

    Thanks! Cool resource.
Sign In or Register to comment.