The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

12346»

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2022 Posts: 23,263
    I liked the Sauron the Deceiver scenes, highlight of the show so far. The later scenes in the forge I actually thought Sauron had shape shifted into Galadriel as she was making some odd expressions during the rings being forged scene.

Sauron is possibly the greatest villain ever created its difficult to mess his character up.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    I liked the Sauron the Deceiver scenes, highlight of the show so far. The later scenes in the forge I actually thought Sauron had shape shifted into Galadriel as she was making some odd expressions during the rings being forged scene.

Sauron is possibly the greatest villain ever created its difficult to mess his character up.

Yes, he's that great. So lots of great ways to go with him.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    The Rings of Power Episode 7 is one of the better episodes though the show appears to have broken canon with suggesting a major character had died. Also the half foot's continue to be the most evil force on Middle Earth :))

I must have missed that, could you elaborate in spoiler tags? It seems I haven’t been very perceptive to these hints, though I did enjoy the show quite a lot…
    The writers decided to kill off Galadriel's husband so they can shoehorn a half hearted romance between her and made up character Halbrand. Galadriel also has children at this stage, though the writers have decided to ignore the passage of time regarding events during the second age.
    Ow yes, I did notice that. I just figured that she ‘thought’ Celeborn was dead just for him to reappear at some point. Then I forgot all about it.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The Rings of Power Episode 7 is one of the better episodes though the show appears to have broken canon with suggesting a major character had died. Also the half foot's continue to be the most evil force on Middle Earth :))

I must have missed that, could you elaborate in spoiler tags? It seems I haven’t been very perceptive to these hints, though I did enjoy the show quite a lot…
    The writers decided to kill off Galadriel's husband so they can shoehorn a half hearted romance between her and made up character Halbrand. Galadriel also has children at this stage, though the writers have decided to ignore the passage of time regarding events during the second age.
    Ow yes, I did notice that. I just figured that she ‘thought’ Celeborn was dead just for him to reappear at some point. Then I forgot all about it.

Th writers were quite vague so he will likely appear in later seasons, though the writers clearly wanted to pair up two other characters in his absence.
    I read earlier today there is a deleted scene where Galadriel and Halbrand were intimate.
    Halbrand is easily the best actor on the show I was convinced by most of what he did, though the writers gave him some clunky dialogue during the forge scenes.

Yes. Vickers is really good. Maybe Season 2 taking its time, is a good thing. It really needs to be engaging. The look and sound of the show is obviously not a problem and has long been sorted out, so it just needs to focus more on the plot for Season 2.

The Forge scenes felt really rushed they could have spanned a few episodes, Celebrimbor who is a huge character has been wasted.

Very true. The forge scenes were rushed.

He's a "huge" character ? Really ? I mean, he looks strong and stout, but huge ?
    Honest Trailers | Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Season 1)

Spoilers!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    matt_u wrote: »

Also, the soundtrack pretty much spoils the identity of another character...
    Halbrand is most likely Sauron.

That’s really impressive mate, which track was it that gave that away?

Halbrand’s theme in reverse is Sauron’s theme!
    Overall? I enjoyed the series. My wife is still trying to work it all out?!!! :))
  • edited February 2023 Posts: 12,249
    It’s hard to explain, but personally I don’t want anymore LOTR stuff. I love the original trilogy of films but I just don’t hunger for more beyond that. Just one of those things I guess I feel was already perfect as is and doesn’t need redoing or expansion. The Hobbit films were okay but I never think about going back to them.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've personally not been interested in anything brought to the screen beyond Jackson's first trilogy. The Hobbit trilogy got worse as it went along (the final one is one of the worst blockbusters I think I've seen in some time) and I've had no interest in the Amazon series still, haven't checked out a single episode yet.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    PETER JACKSONS THE HOBBIT should have just been 2 movies. They added in so much filler to make it a trilogy. Also it should have matched better in tone to the original trilogy. I know the hobbit is a children story, but the fact they filmed them the wrong way round meant they should have just continued with the world already established and not reinvent it to tell a sillier story.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    edited February 2023 Posts: 1,355
    If it's an opportunity to hear more Howard Shore or Bear McCreary Middle-Earth score, then I'm good with it.