The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

Comments

• SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    edited September 2022 Posts: 1,368
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns _and_Ice_Returns what do you think about the score by Bear McCreary & the Main Title theme by Howard Shore?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns _and_Ice_Returns what do you think about the score by Bear McCreary & the Main Title theme by Howard Shore?

Shore's main theme is great and gets me locked in, I have all his score;s to the LOTR trilogy huge fan. The music within the show is mixed for me though the way the episodes are structured won't help.
    edited September 2022 Posts: 1,368

Shore's main theme is great and gets me locked in, I have all his score;s to the LOTR trilogy huge fan. The music within the show is mixed for me though the way the episodes are structured won't help.

Yeah, I'm a big Shore fan too. Oh, I think Bear McCreary's score does it for me though. But for sure, Shore's Middle-earth scores are stellar.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    LOTR The Fellowship of the Ring - The Argonath

I will never forget this scene and Shores music, when I first watched this film at the cinema I had a moment where I said to myself I am experiencing greatness.
    LOTR The Fellowship of the Ring - The Argonath

I will never forget this scene and Shores music, when I first watched this film at the cinema I had a moment where I said to myself I am experiencing greatness.

I agree @Fire_and_Ice_Returns I really love this scene and the music.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Amazing series so far.
  • I'm finding it hard to stick with it. Some of the dialogue is really bad and it is very slow.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    So far I’d say it’s obviously not as great as the original trilogy but it does beat The Hobbit films.
    Not seen any episodes yet, will binge watch them soon!!
  • I am enjoying the series so far. It is visually stunning, and you can see every penny of the money they spent on the screen. That being said, I'm having a hard time being really invested, and I think I figured out why: There is never a direct quest. LOTR invests us right away with a very simple story: "There's an evil ring and it can take over the world so we have to destroy it." But with TROP, we have four or five different threads of all these different types of characters, in a variety of different landscapes, and they're all...sort of...doing things. If someone asked me, "What's the new show about?" I would be hard pressed to give them an answer.
    The Rings of Power Episode 6 well the first half of this episode was a struggle to the point I considered giving up on this dross. Then the second half of the episode out of nowhere was actually good, it was like I was watching a completely different show for about 30 minutes.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Amazing show so far.
    The Rings of Power Episode 6 well the first half of this episode was a struggle to the point I considered giving up on this dross. Then the second half of the episode out of nowhere was actually good, it was like I was watching a completely different show for about 30 minutes.

Yeah, the second half was really good. I really enjoyed the visuals as well. I just love Clark's Galadriel.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »

We haven't even started watching the1st season yet! :))
    One night I was watching Rings, and then House of Dragon...(why isn't it plural ?)...got tired - not the show's fault, it was late - fell asleep, woke up, went back to where I drifted off...and kept doing that a few times. By the time it was all done I felt rather confused between the two shows. There are some similarities, and in my nodding mind it became a mash...I've decided to go with it. The mash-up of the two might wind up better, and that's saying something because they're both very good. My question now is this: Where's the unicorns ? No ? Tim Curry ?
    The Rings of Power Episode 7 is one of the better episodes though the show appears to have broken canon with suggesting a major character had died. Also the half foot's continue to be the most evil force on Middle Earth :))
    I would have to see it later today.
    I've seen the latest episode. It's good. I think the show gets better with each episode. The visuals & music are the show's strength and it's so obvious.
    I am having to totally ignore what they are doing with the script and characters, if I plead ignorance it's an OK watch.
    matt_u wrote: »

Also, the soundtrack pretty much spoils the identity of another character...
    Halbrand is most likely Sauron.

That’s really impressive mate, which track was it that gave that away?
    The Rings of Power Episode 7 is one of the better episodes though the show appears to have broken canon with suggesting a major character had died. Also the half foot's continue to be the most evil force on Middle Earth :))

I must have missed that, could you elaborate in spoiler tags? It seems I haven’t been very perceptive to these hints, though I did enjoy the show quite a lot…
    Now that all the reveals are done and paths set, I think Season 2 should be very engaging and pacy.
    GoldenGun wrote: »

I must have missed that, could you elaborate in spoiler tags? It seems I haven’t been very perceptive to these hints, though I did enjoy the show quite a lot…
    The writers decided to kill off Galadriel's husband so they can shoehorn a half hearted romance between her and made up character Halbrand. Galadriel also has children at this stage, though the writers have decided to ignore the passage of time regarding events during the second age.

---

The finale was a bit of a mess this show is not Tolkien at all, saying that from a entertainment perspective forgetting the source material there were a few good moments.

According to reports the second season is 2 years away. I would get rid of the hack writers this show is still salvageable. I cringed at some of the acting and dialog in this episode it was really poor.
    GoldenGun wrote: »

The writers decided to kill off Galadriel's husband so they can shoehorn a half hearted romance between her and made up character Halbrand. Galadriel also has children at this stage, though the writers have decided to ignore the passage of time regarding events during the second age.

---

The finale was a bit of a mess this show is not Tolkien at all, saying that from a entertainment perspective forgetting the source material there were a few good moments.

According to reports the second season is 2 years away. I would get rid of the hack writers this show is still salvageable. I cringed at some of the acting and dialog in this episode it was really poor.

You're right @Fire_and_Ice_Returns I love the show, but can't deny its problems. I did like the Sauron reveal and its dialogue though. Vickers & Clark do have chemistry too.
    Halbrand is easily the best actor on the show I was convinced by most of what he did, though the writers gave him some clunky dialogue during the forge scenes.
    edited October 2022 Posts: 1,368
    Halbrand is easily the best actor on the show I was convinced by most of what he did, though the writers gave him some clunky dialogue during the forge scenes.

Yes. Vickers is really good. Maybe Season 2 taking its time, is a good thing. It really needs to be engaging. The look and sound of the show is obviously not a problem and has long been sorted out, so it just needs to focus more on the plot for Season 2.

Yes. Vickers is really good. Maybe Season 2 taking its time, is a good thing. It really needs to be engaging. The look and sound of the show is obviously not a problem and has long been sorted out, so it just needs to focus more on the plot for Season 2.

The Forge scenes felt really rushed they could have spanned a few episodes, Celebrimbor who is a huge character has been wasted.

The Forge scenes felt really rushed they could have spanned a few episodes, Celebrimbor who is a huge character has been wasted.

Very true. The forge scenes were rushed.