The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
edited January 2022 in General Movies & TV Posts: 23,105
A New Age begins September 2, 2022 on Prime Video...

I am OK with the title of the show, they need to differentiate themselves from the film adaptions I guess.

I am a huge fan of Middle Earth so looking forward to this one.

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I appreciate anything done practical.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I appreciate anything done practical.

That's certainly a good sign. The more that's practically done, the better my enjoyment.
  • Please God, don't let this suck [-O<
    I desperately want this to be good and the amount of money they've already sunk into the first two seasons is promising enough. Fingers crossed here. I want it to rock.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Hoping this show is good with scope comparable to the early seasons of GOT, I certainly will remain open minded.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    The budget for this is huge.
    Denbigh wrote: »

Wow I did not realise they were spending this much... $465 million in U.S. dollars — for just the first season of the show.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/amazons-lord-of-the-rings-cost-465-million-one-season-4167791/amp/
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    For all that, that was underwhelming. I am going to see the show's title sequence up to a dozen times, I'm not sure why you'd show me what's probably the same footage now. I'd rather they save the ruckus until there was something to discuss beyond a title (which also isn't great; it'd be fine if it was just The Rings Of Power or Tolkien: The Rings Of Power but the current iteration's repetition is awkward).
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    The Dutch tranlation wil be then: ''In de ban van de Ring: De Macht van de Ring''.
    Whyle offical it mean ''De god van de Ringen: De ringen van macht''. Whyle i not realy expect translation any more.

Only intrest if Amazon/Newline/Warner stil releasing on BD and 4K BD. First season get 8 episodes, if this be 1hr (without comercials) episodes then can at on 3 DVD's, 2BD's and 2 4KBD's.

With that other tv series Dutch tv comercial channels/Warner making a mess about Dutch tv screenings, so i think Dutch NPO (1 or 3) and Belgium 2 should make deal / buying it together and showing it at same time on NPO 1 and Belgium 2 on a Saturday at 21.30 and repeat on Thursday and in 4 weaks (4x 2 episodes)

Also it be quistion of story about 9 other rings be intresting with already knowing that 10th was weakest ring and stil be dangerious. Idea i got is that is Fellowship to all those rings and Gomoll have waiting for 10th ring. We know he was upsets by it.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    The title is frankly terrible.
    Denbigh wrote: »

Wow I did not realise they were spending this much... $465 million in U.S. dollars — for just the first season of the show.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/amazons-lord-of-the-rings-cost-465-million-one-season-4167791/amp/

To be fair, a good bit of that is money that will come into play for season two, as well, such as sets, costumes and the like.
  • edited January 2022 Posts: 6,844
    At a glance, I totally thought that was a Starbucks cup they were using to forge the one true ring.

#GOTSeason8

Interesting the show will chronicle Sauron's rise to power according to this report.
    At a glance, I totally thought that was a Starbucks cup they were using to forge the one true ring.

#GOTSeason8

Oddly enough in the end, this was the most insignificant issue I had with the final season. What a disaster.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »

#GOTSeason8

Oddly enough in the end, this was the most insignificant issue I had with the final season. What a disaster.

Agreed. Those last two episodes could have been about everyone discovering the coffee bean and deciding to set aside their warring to invest in a franchise of Westerosian coffee shops instead and it could only have been an improvement.
  • matt_u wrote: »
    The title is frankly terrible.

OOC why do you find the title terrible?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power. Sounds pretty bad.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    matt_u wrote: »

It is very clunky.
    I would've been fine with no subtitle at all, personally. As you say, it is very clunky.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    LotR:TRoP

Rolls right off the tongue.

I am very cautious about this. The showrunners have basically no official credits and it is a crazy project no matter who helms it, so we'll see.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited January 2022 Posts: 4,247
    I want it to do well....I really do. Read somewhere that Howard Shore & Bear McCreary might compose it, I'm not really sure.....but I hope it's true.
  • talos7 wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »

It is very clunky.

I see what you mean. Personally, I see The Lord Of The Rings as a silent title, signifying to people the relationship between this series and the excellent PJ LOTR trilogy. I could be wrong but this series will ultimately just be referred to as The Rings Of Power.

I have such high hopes for this series.
  • GadgetMan wrote: »
    I want it to do well....I really do. Read somewhere that Howard Shore & Bear McCreary might compose it, I'm not really sure.....but I hope it's true.

Shore will be composing. It was confirmed some time ago.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Jimjambond wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »

Shore will be composing. It was confirmed some time ago.

Oh, that's nice then....Great news! :)>-
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Even in posting on forums like this I try to avoid using the same significant words, particularly adjectives.
    For example, I enjoyed the new Spiderman movie immensely. It was immensely better than the previous film.
    The Lord of the Circles: The Rings of Power.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    It's interesting the title doesn't reflect the reported Saruman-focused plot. The Madness of Saruman etc.
  • It could be worse. They could have called it The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of the Lord.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I like the title but keep in mind no one is going to call it The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power. Best case everyone will call it The Rings of Power and worst case it’ll be The Lord of the Rings show. Either way, bring me back to Middle-Earth!
  • I like the title but keep in mind no one is going to call it The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power. Best case everyone will call it The Rings of Power and worst case it’ll be The Lord of the Rings show. Either way, bring me back to Middle-Earth!

This.