Mission: Impossible - films and tv series

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    dragonsky wrote: »
    Wait now I'm reading the previous comments and I legit can't tell if it's a joke that Moore had a "tongue phobia" or not..i can't find anything on the internet....it sounds fake.....but it's odd enough that it might be real :D

@dragonsky, I wish it was fake. You can see the truth sprinkled throughout Moore's entire era, though, like how he never kisses women except with an extremely closed mouth, to avoid any tongue contact with them. A strange phobia, but an interesting part of the Bond mythos nonetheless.

I'm sure it was purely out of respect for his wife, whom he would introduce to every woman he had to be engaged with romantically onscreen. "Tongue phobia" must have been the Roger Moore-ian way of putting the matter delicately. ;)

Early on Moore was actually very apprehensive about all that, which is why he kissed the belly dancer on the stomach in TMWTGG instead of the mouth. The bullet was originally going to be something the woman had on her dresser and stuck in her mouth to hide it from Bond as he came in to confront her, something he'd then sneak with a passionately played kiss, but after seeing Roger in LALD getting sweet with the much younger Jane Seymour, his wife Luisa Mattioli didn't approve of another sexually laced scene. Mattioli and Roger had only just gotten married a few years before, so the actor was clearly trying to avoid crossing her so early in their relationship. Roger apparently had a heart to heart with Hamilton about the issue after a fight with the wife, and the director had the script altered where the dancer had the bullet as a ring instead, which Bond could sneak without getting intimate with her in the way Roger's wife disapproved of.

It's very hush-hush info that very few seem to know about.

And nothing at all to do with Mission Impossible.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 5,767
    Wait now I'm reading the previous comments and I legit can't tell if it's a joke that Moore had a "tongue phobia" or not..i can't find anything on the internet....it sounds fake.....but it's odd enough that it might be real :D

@dragonsky, I wish it was fake. You can see the truth sprinkled throughout Moore's entire era, though, like how he never kisses women except with an extremely closed mouth, to avoid any tongue contact with them. A strange phobia, but an interesting part of the Bond mythos nonetheless.

I'm sure it was purely out of respect for his wife, whom he would introduce to every woman he had to be engaged with romantically onscreen. "Tongue phobia" must have been the Roger Moore-ian way of putting the matter delicately. ;)

Early on Moore was actually very apprehensive about all that, which is why he kissed the belly dancer on the stomach in TMWTGG instead of the mouth. The bullet was originally going to be something the woman had on her dresser and stuck in her mouth to hide it from Bond as he came in to confront her, something he'd then sneak with a passionately played kiss, but after seeing Roger in LALD getting sweet with the much younger Jane Seymour, his wife Luisa Mattioli didn't approve of another sexually laced scene. Mattioli and Roger had only just gotten married a few years before, so the actor was clearly trying to avoid crossing her so early in their relationship. Roger apparently had a heart to heart with Hamilton about the issue after a fight with the wife, and the director had the script altered where the dancer had the bullet as a ring instead, which Bond could sneak without getting intimate with her in the way Roger's wife disapproved of.

It's very hush-hush info that very few seem to know about.
    Interesting story. I find the bullet in the navel geniusly fitting for a belly dancer, Bond extracting the bullet from the dancer´s mouth seems very poor in comparison. And the gag with Bond swallowing the bullet accidentally never fails to make me laugh. "Where to?" "Nearest pharmacy!" The tone in Moore´s voice in that moment is unpayable.

Benny wrote: »
    And nothing at all to do with Mission Impossible.
    Haha, you´re right! Sorry, I got so wrapped up in the tongue phobia story that I forgot which thread I´m in.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Since the fun is being called to an end, I should confess that I was stringing everyone along to see how much I could get away with. As far as I know, Roger never had a tongue phobia.
    Since the fun is being called to an end, I should confess that I was stringing everyone along to see how much I could get away with. As far as I know, Roger never had a tongue phobia.

Hahaha! It is a kind of a story that could easily be true, though. Wasn't sure if it was true or not. :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Hahaha! It is a kind of a story that could easily be true, though. Wasn't sure if it was true or not. :)

My lying abilities are improving then-or rather, my storytelling abilities. I'll embrace that as a positive.

My lying abilities are improving then-or rather, my storytelling abilities. I'll embrace that as a positive.

Do that! :-)

Watched the Graham Norton Show last night, where Tom Cruise was promoting The Mummy. Very secretive about the big stunt in M:I6. Will be interesting to see what kind of stunt it turns our to be.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Perhaps he's going to insert himself into a cannon and fire away naked to the outer space. ;)
    Perhaps he's going to insert himself into a cannon and fire away naked to the outer space. ;)

Nothing surprises me about Cruise and his stunts!
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited June 2017 Posts: 5,185
    Tom Cruise is a freaking machine, this guy has no sense of fear whatsover.

He could have even flown the Helicopter in the Spectre PTS by himself:

If he really had to train one year for the MI:6 stunt, then it's going to be spectacular
    Hopefully. The pts stunt in TSHLM was spectacular, and Moore didn´t train much for it.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2017 Posts: 15,690
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Hopefully. The pts stunt in TSHLM was spectacular, and Moore didn´t train much for it.

Moore trained a lot for his Sir Rogering stunt with the log cabin girl. ;)

That gave me a chuckle. While there can at times be no immediate difference in a stunt done by an actor or by their stunt performer, it's clear Tom is an adrenaline junkie who needs his team to allow him to sate the drive. If his training never delays filming and production would occur directly as outlined whether he did the stunt or not, why not let him have his fun.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 (@bondjames too) I think you'll like this:

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I didn't know that @DaltonCraig007, but I can totally see Hanks in Jerry Maguire as well. It's great to see Cruise showing him some respect. My two favourite Toms. I'd love to see them share a scene together.

One thing that hit me watching that clip was when Tom was talking about Rain Man. It just reminded me of how long he's been in the game. That film was ages ago.
    --

@00Agent, that's an awesome clip. What a daredevil! All in a day's work.
    --

@boldfinger, I agree. Some of the earlier Bond film stunts (particularly during the Glen era) are in a different league (especially for their time). It didn't matter that the actor wasn't involved in the stunt. It always amazes me how far ahead of the game they were back then, when Hollywood was churning out bad green screen even in blockbusters like Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade. They've certainly lost that stunt edge, and MI has taken the lead.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Does this make me want to see Cavill as a Bond villain? I think it does...
    Michelle Monaghan confirmed to be in M:I:6.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Mrs Hunt is the center of this "emotional" story, then. ;)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited June 2017 Posts: 7,980
    It was never his desire to be separated from her. I've always thought that their relationship was realistic and sincere. Ethan's love for her was genuine and I would love to see them reunited. We may be seeing closure for Hunt and Cruise moving on from the series......or she just has a cameo :D
    I´m tending to believe the latter. The former would be too obvious, and Cruise and M:I have been known to put out red herrings, like Jonathan Rhys Meyers or Jeremy Renner.
    I´m tending to believe the latter. The former would be too obvious, and Cruise and M:I have been known to put out red herrings, like Jonathan Rhys Meyers or Jeremy Renner.
    Yes, I think it's just a cameo. That new girl is going to be his love interest I think. Vanessa Kirby.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 2,107
    Denbigh wrote: »

Hey, it's Freddie Mercury

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    bondjames wrote: »
    Yes, I think it's just a cameo. That new girl is going to be his love interest I think. Vanessa Kirby.

Or is she a red herring?

talos7 wrote: »

Or is she a red herring?
    Well there have been some set photos of them smooching. Unless it's for real (Cruise is single, I believe).

I always thought Rebecca Ferguson's dame was going to be the love interest, not the random blonde.

Still, if this news about Michelle is true, I'm a happy camper. We were right!
    Here are are some photos of Becks at the MI6 set. As far as I am concerned they should dump the other babes and make it about her please.

PGeXync.jpg
    DmW7Pv9.jpg
    Crtb0Ci.jpg
    She could certainly take me for a ride.
    @bondjames I can't wait to see her in 'The Snowman' with Michael Fassbender.
    @DaltonCraig007, thanks for reminding me of that film. I'm definitely looking forward to it. I find Ferguson has a regal & classy quality which I find alluring.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Hopefully they find a new angle to put Monaghan's character at the forefront of the emotion, instead of it all being a retread of what went down in the third installment. Either way, with the cast and crew that's involved, I have faith.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    edited June 2017 Posts: 754
    delete