Duplicate accounts

2»

Comments

  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Posts: 21,985
    We have files on you all.

    You'd be surprised what kind of joints @Thunderfinger hangs out in at night.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Posts: 3,140
    I thought he just smoked them !...
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited February 2018 Posts: 15,423
    I've never understood why would anyone need more than one account.

    There are cases when one forgets one's own password and that may be the reason a second account is made - that is when one has no contact with the site mods or wouldn't know how to get in touch to reclaim one's own password, which is why a temporary second account may be alright until things are settled.

    But, just to impersonate a different person and promote oneself on behalf of the fake identity made, there's not a slight benefit from that behaviour other than embarrassing oneself. The people around aren't stupid not to see through someone... unless somebody happens to be a very good actor/actress, thus excelling at pretense.

    As for deliberate trolls, they are definitely not welcome here as this is not YouTube or Reddit.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Posts: 7,526
    thanks for your comments. :) .
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 , you mean I’ve been talking to myself all these years. And I’m not who I think I am?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Posts: 21,985
    Indeed, fellas, it does strike me as odd that one would contemplate the necessity for a duplicate account, but alas, we have seen them already. And you'd be surprised with whom.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2018 Posts: 23,883
    I can appreciate how someone may feel the need for a fresh start for whatever reason. Perhaps too much personal information has been revealed under the current moniker? Perhaps the member feels he/she been bullied or shamed by others? Perhaps the impact of past encounters has left an irreparable stench and taste resulting in a desire and need for a more anonymous identity?

    In such instances maybe there is another way forward? I leave that to the mods to determine what could be an appropriate course of action. Of course the offending member would have to come clean first.
  • GamesBond007GamesBond007 Golden Grotto
    Posts: 66
    @bondjames Some fair points. It does make sense as to why somebody would create a secondary but the idea of increasing post counts still leaves me baffled.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Me too @GamesBond007. Totally pointless. Best to focus on quality rather than quantity. Perhaps this came about due to the silly google algorithms and what not. As I said earlier, I'm not a social media user so this is all foreign to me.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Posts: 28,651
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I'm surprised almost no reply post has addressed the actual issue.
    I made a reply, @DarthDimi, but to be frank most responses would simply be a regurgitation of what you said because that post laid out the issue exceptionally well.

    Hopefully the message has been received by present or future members.
  • DragonpolDragonpol Writer @ https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Posts: 16,312
    bondjames wrote: »
    I can appreciate how someone may feel the need for a fresh start for whatever reason.

    A @FreshStartos as it were.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Posts: 23,883
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    I can appreciate how someone may feel the need for a fresh start for whatever reason.

    A @FreshStartos as it were.
    Haha. Quite.
  • DragonpolDragonpol Writer @ https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited February 2018 Posts: 16,312
    bondjames wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    I can appreciate how someone may feel the need for a fresh start for whatever reason.

    A @FreshStartos as it were.
    Haha. Quite.

    He'd run out of them by that stage. It was all becoming rather stale in fact.
  • Birdleson wrote: »
    I have no doubt. And I also have no doubt that your point reached the intended audience @DarthDimi .

    Silence sometimes speaks volumes.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Posts: 2,998
    Well I guess @Beamer_with_rockets, @E38_with_SpikeBalls, @750il_with_CableCutter, @TooManyPlasticParts, @I_Don't_Use_My_Blinker and I will have to get out of here! :D
  • DragonpolDragonpol Writer @ https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Posts: 16,312
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I have no doubt. And I also have no doubt that your point reached the intended audience @DarthDimi .

    Silence sometimes speaks volumes.

    Inferences can be taken from silence too.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Posts: 21,985
    An interesting thought, @Dragonpol. I concur.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Posts: 13,384
    Sometimes the worst of smells follow silence ;-)
  • DragonpolDragonpol Writer @ https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Posts: 16,312
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    An interesting thought, @Dragonpol. I concur.

    I took it from English criminal law; the right to remain silent.
Sign In or Register to comment.