Comments

LALD and DN
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Without a doubt, it's LALD and DN.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    LALD and DN
  • GBFGBF
    YOLT and DN
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    YOLT over LALD

SP over DN
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    LALD beats YOLT 15-12

DN beats SP 25-2

Round 37:

FRWL vs OP

and

YOLT vs QOS
    Same for me.
    FRWL over OP easily.

QOS edges out YOLT. YOLT is still a very good Bond film, but QOS has grown on me a lot over the last few months. With SP's shortcomings especially I learned to appreciate QOS a lot more. If Bond 25 can be at least as good as QOS, I say we're in for a treat.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,883
    FRWL vs OP - let me say that I find OP very enjoyable. It's a blast and one of Roger Moore's best performances. He's really in top form in it. The villains are outstanding as well. Sure, there are some silly moments, but it's more than made up (imho) by the rest that works. Having said all that it has the misfortune of having come against what is (again imho) the best film in the EON roster. Perfection quite frankly. FRWL for the win on all counts.

YOLT vs QOS - I'm not a huge fan of either film. YOLT is far more iconic, has better dialogue, has a better score, has far more exotic locations and a larger than life plot, which I'm always partial to. QoS is lean and mean and has one of Daniel Craig's best performances as Bond. In the end even though Sean seems to be sleepwalking through YOLT it has too much going for it. YOLT for a relatively easy win.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Round 37:

OP, love both but to prevent a complete shutout.

and

YOLT, not even close.
    OP over FRWL

YOLT over QOS.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    OP vs. FRWL - hmm very tough. Its my 3rd favorite Connery vs. one of my favorite Moores. OP was the first non-Brozza Bond movie i fell in love with. I think i have to give this one to Rog, but FRWL is a true classic.

YOLT vs. QOS - very easy for me.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    FRWL
    And
    QOS

2 of my top 3
  • AntiLocqueBrakesAntiLocqueBrakes The edge
    FRWL over OP - My No. 5 vs. No. 18 - Sometimes those numbers don't express the distance between the quality of two films. In this case, they do. FRWL is arguably the best in the series. An epic, even without being a "Bond" film. OP has a Tarzan noise in it. And clowns.

YOLT over QOS - My No. 13 vs. No. 14 - Not sure in this case there's much difference. I could easily be argued the other way back and forth here. QOS gets a bad rap on this board, but I think it's because it follows CR. It completes the story, but it definitely rushes it. Greene is a poor villain - one of the worst. Bolivian water crisis isn't gripping stuff either. Montes is an underrated Bond girl...good depth. YOLT features a declining Connery and the iconic image of Blofeld. Still close enough to be original 4 to be serviceable. Not a huge fan of either film but I don't think they are terrible. The film better are good. The films worse at probably bottom half for a reason.
  • AntiLocqueBrakesAntiLocqueBrakes The edge
    bondjames wrote: »
    FRWL vs OP - let me say that I find OP very enjoyable. It's a blast and one of Roger Moore's best performances. He's really in top form in it. The villains are outstanding as well. Sure, there are some silly moments, but it's more than made up (imho) by the rest that works. Having said all that it has the misfortune of having come against what is (again imho) the best film in the EON roster. Perfection quite frankly. FRWL for the win on all counts.

YOLT vs QOS - I'm not a huge fan of either film. YOLT is far more iconic, has better dialogue, has a better score, has far more exotic locations and a larger than life plot, which I'm always partial to. QoS is lean and mean and has one of Daniel Craig's best performances as Bond. In the end even though Sean seems to be sleepwalking through YOLT it has too much going for it. YOLT for a relatively easy win.

I should have just posted your comment, but added that I think YOLT/QOS is close.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    OP has grown on me but only two films can beat FRWL.

The other one goes to YOLT.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    FRWL and QoS
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    FRWL and QOS
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    FRWL beats every other Bond film for me, while OP hovers slightly above rock bottom.
    YOLT is not among my favourites but QOS loses due to its lousy quick-cut editing.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    My love for OP is well known. But in this instance I'm afraid my beloved Sir Rog entry cannot beat one of the best Bond films of all.
    FRWL beats OP

The second match is an easy win over the majorly over praised QOS.

YOLT beats QOS easily.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    FRWL & QOS
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    FRWL and YOLT. No need to go into detail about FRWL's superiority over OP. Although for the QoS-YOLT matchup it's quite close. I gave the edge to the latter because of how terrific it is at building the setting. The visuals and the score sync so well (and they didn't botch the editing either).
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Massive fan of OP but it has to be FRWL.

And QoS for the latter.
    Love OP. But it has to be FRWL
    QOS definitely over YOLT.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I'm part of the OP fan brigade for sure, but it just can't top the best Bond of them all, FRWL.

QoS, on the other hand, wipes the floor with YOLT.
    FRWL
    QOS
    FRWL beats OP 17-3

QOS beats YOLT 12-8

Next, Connery s fourth up against Brosnan s fourth, and Hamilton s and Campbell s second entries are measured against eachother.

Round 38:

TB vs DAD

and

DAF vs CR
    TB over DAD easily.

CR over DAF just as easily.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    TB over DAD easily.

CR over DAF just as easily.

Yes, easy round this time.
    DAD over TB

CR over DAF

Easiest decision of my life.