007 Shared Universe??

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Heeee's back!!!! And this time it's personal.

pigeon.jpg

DoubleTake - Coming 2018
  • Heeee's back!!!!

I hear they're going to tease him in the post-credits scene of the Max movie. So stay till the end, folks!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Heeee's back!!!! And this time it's personal.

pigeon.jpg

DoubleTake - Coming 2018
    And we have a winner!
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited July 2017 Posts: 2,721
    PEPPER (2018)

The Twenty-Fifth film in EON's James Bond series has the now widowed Louisiana Sheriff disillusioned with the increased scrutiny of the police and the rising racial tensions of his state look back on his failing career and pin-points the moment where it all went wrong. It was an extended boat chase in which he and the state police department were humiliated that he has never been able to live down. Despite taking mental health leave and going to Thailand for a vacation fate would intervene and once more he would be embroiled in a car chase that sounded fantastical especially considering no one else witnessed it.

Once back in Louisiana, and without the stabilising influence of his now deceased wife Maybelle, Pepper indulges in drink and is caught on camera beating a suspect - in court the evidence is insurmountable and particularly disturbing and the jury winces as Pepper rains blows down on the civilian while screaming over and over again 'On whose siiiiiiide?"

Pepper is suspended while under investigation and stripped of community support. While drinking beer and reminiscing on the waterways of Louisiana with his brother-in-law Billie Bob on his battered boat the pair decide to enact a plot of revenge against the English secret agent from England - James Bond 007.

Tag line: It's time for assault...Pepper
  • Heeee's back!!!! And this time it's personal.

pigeon.jpg

DoubleTake - Coming 2018
    And we have a winner!

They better insure that pigeon's neck.
    I can see this quickly becoming the best thread on here.

And before you think of nicking any of our ideas P&W - our lawyers are watching!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I like the Max idea. Whatever they do should be subtly connected and stand on its own.
    M breaks out of jail.
    Moneypenny breaks out of jail.
    Q breaks out of jail.
    Tanner breaks out of jail. That kind of thing.
    gallery-1469116863-therock-424pyxurz.jpg74a0e00bca5dcad1d273efa082e57fef--the-rock-film-afi%C5%9Fleri.jpg
    If this astonishingly silly rumor had any truth to it, I could almost see this shared universe as an excuse to bring back iconic villains and characters such as Dr No, Goldfinger, Pussy Galore, etc.
    An origin story on how Oddjob met and became employed by Auric Goldfinger or a Jaws origin story as fleshed out in Christopher Wood's TSWLM novelization.
    Of course these beloved characters would need to be recast with the most current hipster names out today. Chris Pratt as as a young hip Jaws and so forth.
  • @ToTheRight, that would be the absolute worst. Deep down in the pit of my soul, I hope we NEVER see a James Bond film with a new Jaws, a new Oddjob, a new Goldfinger, a new May Day. That would be dreadful. They can get away with it with Blofeld, but NO other past characters who aren't MI6, Felix, etc.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Well, the producers would obviously have to be careful with whatever they present.
    3453245a9d3abf06f1772b9d119c0241--ejection-seat-bond-cars.jpg
    @ToTheRight, that would be the absolute worst. Deep down in the pit of my soul, I hope we NEVER see a James Bond film with a new Jaws, a new Oddjob, a new Goldfinger, a new May Day. That would be dreadful. They can get away with it with Blofeld, but NO other past characters who aren't MI6, Felix, etc.

Exactly. It would be horrible. Perhaps that's why I find this absurd rumor almost as annoying as the countless "who's the next Bond" rumors. I almost feel if a Bond universe were to occur (especially with a new studio funding it), more likely instead of a Tanner, M,Q, or Moneypenny film, an idea involving more legendary characters would be pitched.
    With the success of all these Marvel and DC characters in period settings I could almost see a WWII set film in which Hans Glaub (a cheesy, obvious and contrived cameo by Christopher Walken) injects steroids into pregnant women to create Max Zorin (now played by Tom Holland).
    Maybe Zorin isn't the best example, here, but I agree. Classic characters such as Oddjob, Honey Ryder, Pussy Galore, etc should never be recast in a modern re-boot/shared universe, etc.
  • One more reason why a studio like Disney should never get their Happy Meal-happy mitts on Bond.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Coming up:

The new horror series SANCHEZ
    burnt_skeleton_69__44066_grande.jpeg?v=1448076693
    Coming up:

The new horror series SANCHEZ
    burnt_skeleton_69__44066_grande.jpeg?v=1448076693

Cameo by Mr Kidd.

We're all rightly having a laugh and a joke about this retarded notion and I don't seriously think it will happen until after Babs dies but.....

There's a part of me just wondering if it might be seen as viable in some quarters?

We already know EON don't care in the slightest what we think on here as they'd have never seen signed off on the stepbrother calamity. It sounded a shit idea from the start and proved to be so but they still pushed ahead with it.

If you're EON and the studio all you care about is money. Will something make money or not? That's the big question.

Now given the way time is passing with no sign of work on B25 might they not consider getting a smaller film ready to roll that they could film in 3 months and get in cinemas the latter half of 2018 while work goes on on B25 for a 2019 or 2020 release?

You might say why not just make B25 but a Bond film is a massive undertaking and takes best part of a year just to prep.

They have a property which has been shown to have an audience already and ticks so many boxes it can't be dismissed 100% - Moneypenny.

The MP diaries sold three volumes so there's interest there and on a modest budget (say around 30-40m) I'm sure it would make money.
    It would be produced by Gregg Wilson largely as a training excercise to groom him for taking over the main job from his father.

They have a script, Jinx, which presumably covers a lot of similar ground which could be dusted off, and two writers in P&W who are very keen on the idea. I'm sure P&W could have something ready in around 3 to 4 months. It would be a tight thriller showing MP starting out in the field (could even be an SF prequel and end up with the NOC list hard drive being stolen by Patrice)with maybe one big set piece action sequence for those expecting some Bondian thrills. They could also have some scenes set at MI6 that go into some proper detail about Quantum and how they are morphing into SPECTRE and make up for the botch job of explaining it they did in SP.

The biggest ace in their hand though and the key reason why this could be seen as viable in certain quarters is Naomie Harris. Has just been nominated for an Oscar and has diversity oozing out of every pore. Everyone would get their dream of a black Bond and a woman Bond (you could even throw in a lesbian encounter with a Fiona Volpe style femme fatale. Actually come to think of it I would watch it then!) the character just wouldn't be called Bond.

You'd probably have M and Q appearing briefly (and Tanner if you must) and maybe an uncredited appearance by Craig at some point a la Connery in Robin Hood Prince Of Thieves to bring the house down and get people up for a new Bond film.

Much as I don't want it to happen if you are looking at it solely from a financial point of view there have been hundreds of films which represent a bigger punt that managed to get greenlit.

Stranger things have happened.

Or they could go with my preferred idea:

Jack Black as Chula

Melissa Mcarthy & Amy Schumer as Lt Hip's Nieces

School of Karate

With Jackie Chan as the old bloke who runs the school.
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    How about "Dial M for Morzeny" or "Scarpine's Lot"
    At the risk of being pedantic, I think we're taking here about a spin-off rather than a 'universe,' per se. A 'universe' would involve, say, MGM bringing together a bunch of their properties into shared plots. Which gives us the mouthwatering prospect of:

-Bond and Dr.Zhivago take on the Poltergeist!
    -Thelma&Louise&Bond!
    -etc. etc.

That seems a terrible idea on its face.

A spin-off I'm not completely opposed to. I've said elsewhere on this thread that I think Moneypenny or Q would do well in a short, well-produced, small-screen series. Maybe 4-6 episodes on premium cable or BBC.

In Moneypenny's case, the American series Alias is a decent template - globetrotting, beautiful female agent solves mysteries and beats up bad guys.
    octofinger wrote: »
    At the risk of being pedantic, I think we're taking here about a spin-off rather than a 'universe,' per se. A 'universe' would involve, say, MGM bringing together a bunch of their properties into shared plots. Which gives us the mouthwatering prospect of:

-Bond and Dr.Zhivago take on the Poltergeist!
    -Thelma&Louise&Bond!
    -etc. etc.

That seems a terrible idea on its face.

A spin-off I'm not completely opposed to. I've said elsewhere on this thread that I think Moneypenny or Q would do well in a short, well-produced, small-screen series. Maybe 4-6 episodes on premium cable or BBC.

In Moneypenny's case, the American series Alias is a decent template - globetrotting, beautiful female agent solves mysteries and beats up bad guys.

I'd go with a Road House/Bond shared universe in which 007 goes undercover as a bouncer and is trained by Sam Elliot.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    We're all laughing at this, until EON sees the potential for money behind 'School of Karate' with Jack Black and Amy Schumer.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    We're all laughing at this, until EON sees the potential for money behind 'School of Karate' with Jack Black and Amy Schumer.

Well we've got Jack White so you never know!
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Add in a Ben Hur angle somehow and I'm in the cinema on opening night.
    Roadphill wrote: »
    How about "Dial M for Morzeny" or "Scarpine's Lot"

Lovely stuff.

The Long Kisch Goodnight
    Bridge On The River Kwang
    For Whom Mrs Bell Tolls
    The Fantastic Green Four

screen-shot-2014-11-10-at-11-31-03-am.png?w=676

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Green Four gets promoted to 009 and goes on Bond's Istanbul mission we never got to see in Licence to Kill.
    This is now the greatest thread in the history of these forums. Pure, pure gold.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Let's not forget this gem. Boris Grishenko!
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited July 2017 Posts: 6,733
    AKAKIEVICH'S LIST. The story of Akakievich, a colonel in a Soviet nuclear testing facility, whose list of personnel with security clearance presents an age discrepancy regarding one Dr. Arkov-- a discovery that causes him to question his entire existence. The climactic scene involves Akakievich frantically searching for missing transport documents, before the lunch break arrives. A hard-hitting drama about aging, failed dreams, the meaning of life and transport documents, starring Academy Award® Nominee Claude-Oliver Rudolph.
    Licence To Killifer

200px-Killifer.jpg

'The War of the Sister Roses'

What's this thread about again? Because this is what it's about now.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 2,721
    'Once Upon A Time On The Wavekrest'

Licence-to-Kill-Milton-Krest-Anthony-Zerbe-exploding-head.png

'Super Dario Brothers'

screen-shot-2017-04-26-at-8-54-57-pm.png?w=660

'Kronsteenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.'

kronsteen8.jpg

Ok...I've gone too far...
    Gone With The Wint
    Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kidd