The NHL Thread

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    There we GOOOOO!!!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited April 2018 Posts: 40,503
    MALKIN MAKING IT 3-0!!

As he should, after that JOKE of a call by the refs. Hooking? Blatant high stick that left Sheary bleeding.

Couldn't even process that before Dumoulin makes it 4-0. Man oh man, this is better.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    FILTHY!!!!!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Did you see Crosby's genius??
    Lazy defense + a beautiful shot, two goals in five seconds. I'm loving it. SO filthy.

Another three point game for Crosby already, too.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    That's Malkin's problem: not the sharpest knife in the drawer!
    peter wrote: »
    That's Malkin's problem: not the sharpest knife in the drawer!

He's got such brilliant moves and shot accuracy in the offensive zone, but simultaneously he takes some dumb penalties. Same thing with Letang sometimes.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    pens should try and push back and get a goal before period's up.
    Agreed. Flyers really needed that one, they were looking lifeless after four unanswered. I think if the Pens get another that'll seal the game.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Almost scored at the end there.

I’m guessing Philly will come out strong for the third. Much like the first and throw everything at the Pens. Nothing to lose and they’re starting off on the PP.

Pens should play boring keep-away game, wear down Philly, cross the center line and dump the puck deep, forcing the Philly D to chase and try and pounce on any mistakes again. Text book road game.
    Agreed. Take it slow, don't play safe, play keep-away anytime they get the puck behind their own net. I'm fine with a cool 20 minute coasting to another win. Still makes my 4-1 series win for the Pens possible, too, as long as they can win again on Wednesday and then take it home to win on Friday. Would be even more appreciated as I have plans next Sunday night, but really don't want to miss Game 6 (if there is one).
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Fingers crossed for no game 6. Even under fire today, Pens mainly look cool under pressure. They know what they’re doing.
    I think next game though, Murray will be a wanted man— he will take a lot more “accidental” bumps.
    For them coming into Philly for the first time this series after a 5-1 walloping, they are indeed looking cool, calm and collected.

Just happy this series isn't as dirty and full of injuries as it has been in the past. Was worried the Fliers would come out hitting dirty the whole time and we'd lose some key players.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Philly is now taking sloppy penalties.

As for your fear of dirty plays-- I have a feeling they may emerge in Game Four.
    Philly is now taking sloppy penalties.

As for your fear of dirty plays-- I have a feeling they may emerge in Game Four.

Especially if Game Four is lost to them and they realize they'll likely have a first round exit: why not rough up some Pens and decrease their chances of winning? It's dirty, and I wouldn't put it past them to do that.

Aaand didn't finish typing before Schultz makes it 5-1 on yet another power play!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    alright-- i can start dinner for the family-- what a bullet!!
    Absolutely dominant zone entry, beautiful patience, and another rocket from Schultz. Can't beat that.

Think you're good, no way you'll miss anything but a Pens win!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Later tonight Washington game will be interesting... They hafta win this series, and go deep, or it's gotta be blow up time in DC.
    Oh that's right, I think I might have to watch that one. Again, my superstitious feeling of being bad luck has me not wanting to watch, but I'd love to see Columbus win again and take a 2-0 lead going back home. It's gotta be so tough being a Caps fan during the playoffs!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Agreed, would love to see Columbus down them!
    These last few minutes of this Pens game would be so nervewracking if it wasn't for that goal differential. Murray is playing lights out on these penalty kills.

Same here! Even if Columbus only goes home and gets one win, I'll be happy to see the Caps shut down at home yet again. Their problem is entering the playoffs in first place in their division every season, getting complacent, not realizing the playoffs are a much tougher beast, and folding.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    that's what I think it is too, Creasy-- so dominant in the regular season, being spoilt on top, unable to switch it to the next gear...
    One of the few I'm gladly wishing will lose, and a first round exit for them will be so very sweet to me.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    twice washington had the lead and coughed it up. They're screwed.

Totally screwed now. It's not boding well for them, even if they steal one of these road wins, which I doubt at this point. Columbus is wanting it much more.

Which is great to me, as I'd much rather have the Pens face off against them than Washington.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Totally screwed now. It's not boding well for them, even if they steal one of these road wins, which I doubt at this point. Columbus is wanting it much more.

Which is great to me, as I'd much rather have the Pens face off against them than Washington.

Pittsburgh will easily handle either. I only see Boston and Tampa giving them a good series.
    Nashville, Boston, Tampa, and Pittsburgh are the most impressive teams so far overall I think. I like their chances best to win the Cup.
    Jackets fan here, enjoying every moment of the last few days. If only they can cut down on the penalties that get into those situations where they need to make it more exciting than it has to be.
    BT3366 wrote: »
    Jackets fan here, enjoying every moment of the last few days. If only they can cut down on the penalties that get into those situations where they need to make it more exciting than it has to be.

They'll be even better off if they can manage that. Didn't they take eight or so penalties last night?
    Yeah they did get called for something like that. They killed two of three in the final 5 minutes or so, especially one that ended the game. Some were questionable, but it all worked out in the end.

The Caps also doubled CBJ's shots on goal. Bobrovski the goalie is a beast.

There's an outside chance I may get to go to one of the games in Columbus as my wife's uncle and aunt have season tickets. I made it to the game 3 OT loss to the Pens last year.