The NHL Thread

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    I went to bed after the second; woke up to even more goals scored; Crosby is a beast
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Boston is suffocating them. And unsurprisingly taking the body.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    offsides are showing that anxiety
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Rooting for your team this entire series. Hope they manage to upset the Bruins.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Little Marner threw our first body-- 9 minutes in!!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    thanks @Creasy47 -- they're going to need your positive thoughts!!
    Anytime. They've got this. I'd love to throw on the game but I fear I'll be bad luck!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    HYMAN!!!!
    Can't beat tying it up before going to an intermission, either. It's those late tying goals that are so key; would be a completely different game if they hadn't, and Boston came out and made it 2-0 early in the second.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    right about that, Creasy... And after that goal, we suddenly started hitting and spent a lot more time in their zone...

Confidence....

Now we've got to step on their throat and keep it there.
    Hopefully they keep that fire burning for the next 40 minutes then. Don't waver, don't let up.

Not looking too hot for the Devils, currently; I'm incredibly indifferent about that series, so it can go either way and I won't mind. Rooting for the Blue Jackets to beat the Caps tonight, which is an odd feeling.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I'm not warm to TB or NJ, but, like you, I do want to see CBJ take WC... Right now WC is up 2-0
    Looks like a bad last minute penalty lead to that, they nabbed two goals in 30-40 seconds.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Boston is playing text-book play off hockey. The Leafs had momentum for a short time, the bruins weathered it, then struck on sloppiness and stupid penalties.
    Bruins are damn good this season, it sucks to admit. I won't be surprised if they end up in the Stanley Cup Finals honestly. Toronto just needs to focus hard on the next game, steal one on the road, then go back home for two games and take that beautiful lead.

I did catch a replay of that Hyman goal earlier, it was filthy. Eerily reminiscent of Malkin's goal last night, where he took on two defensemen solo and blew past them for the backhander.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    you're right-- that goal was very much like Malkin's.

Boston is very, very, very good, and they killed Mathews and Nylander, and brought out desperate stupidity (Kadri x 2).

We're not ready to play these guys.

They're schooling us.

But, that's the job of the coaches to fix Toronto's psychology.
    Hopefully they can do just that. Seemed to be a lot of one-sided games last night, aside from the Blue Jackets rallying for an away win in Game One, which was nice to see. Would love for them to somehow sweep the Caps, as I'd rather the Pens face Columbus rather than Washington in round two, provided they do get that far.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Toronto has a lot of growing up to do in 24 hours. Unlike last year, where Washington didn’t scare them (and Toronto had nothing to lose since it wasn’t projected for them to make the playoffs— and I think they clinched the spot in the 81st game), this year they’re playing a team with experience, supreme confidence and play the man HARD. If they don’t beat you to the puck (which they did repeatedly last night), they will crush your body as soon as you touch the puck.

Boston played an almost perfect playoff game.

And I expect a lot of video work is being done in the Toronto room!!!!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    tonight, I hope the Pens crush Philly.
    peter wrote: »
    tonight, I hope the Pens crush Philly.

You and I both! Fingers crossed we get another blowout, or at least something close. Either way, I'll gladly take a win.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    holy crap, @Creasy47 -- it looks like the ONLY way Philly will score is by a fluke
  • peterpeter Toronto
    do you see the different "Theme" betweens game one and two?

Game One: make Philly the b****;
    Game Two: we're the cat, you're the mouse. We will play with you and not waste too much energy.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    like i said, a flukey goal...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Pens hafta pushback hard at the start of 2nd period
    Fluke goal, indeed. Bums me out too because Murray lets in wayyy too many of those last minute goals that he should be saving. Oh well, over 220 straight playoff minutes he didn't give up a goal, guess I can't fault him too much! Pens come out strong in the second and tie it up and we've got us a game.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I have no doubt the Pens will win this game if they psychologically ignore the last goal, and continue playing with the Flyers as they were doing...
    Oof, maybe not. Not a good way to start.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Creasy47 that was another crazy goal-- Pens collapsed on a bad change... Terrible...

I'm gonna be stubborn-- Fluke goal off Letang.

Pen will win
    Letang is either red hot or flopping around the ice. For every great play he makes, he's the cause of some horrible turnover or another penalty. Wildly inconsistent throughout the season, but when he's hot, he's hot.
    If they can just make it 2-1 before they go into the third, I can live with that.