Baby Driver (2017)

Comments

It was a group of French students that the 4x4 car mowed down on Westminster Bridge.
    Apparently one person other than the attacker has died.
  • NSGWNSGW London
    edited March 2017 Posts: 299
    'Bomb squad called to Parliament.

A planned evacuation of Parliament has been halted after an announcement was made saying there was a suspicious package in a vehicle and the bomb squad had been called'.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    It appears that a woman has died. Hopefully the other people involved are OK.
    Yes someone hit on the bridge has died,others have 'cataclysmic ' injuries.

And there is a suspicious grey car as well,yep.
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    Well done the Met team on the ground for stopping this attack in its tracks. I extend my solicitude to all those caught up in it.
    2nd person confirmed dead.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Sad news. I hope all other victims recover. Good work of the Met as it seems. @barryt007 I wish you a safe journey home mate, take care!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Sadly the term " cataclysmic injuries ", must mean the number of deaths will increase.
    If the reports so far are correct, the horror and impact someone can produce using one knife and one car is shocking. No guns, no explosive, no hi tech. Hard to know what to do.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Nice work by the MP for Bournemouth East (as well as all the excellent work being done by the emergency services):
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/22/hero-mp-parliament-terror-attack-tobias-ellwood-battled-save/
    While the reference to Silva in the opening post was in poor taste, Dench's comments about the enemy being "in the shadows" seem to resonate once again right now.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2017 Posts: 23,883
    patb wrote: »
    If the reports so far are correct, the horror and impact someone can produce using one knife and one car is shocking. No guns, no explosive, no hi tech. Hard to know what to do.
    Very true. Germany & France have been wrestling with this for some time. The attacks are asymmetric and the attacker only needs to succeed once. Terrorism is a very difficult thing to conquer once it starts. It also creates an increasing ambience of fear and mistrust, so there are deep psychological ramifications.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    How tragic. Any idea what happened exactly? It's still "in progress" to an extent, so I'm not finding anything too concrete.
    For me, it hits rather close to home : among the victims are a few french high schoolers from the town of Concarneau, town that is not so far away from where a part of my family lives. Nobody I know, but still. And yes, the OP was in very bad taste.
    SKY News showing photos of the knife, just something that you whould find in any kitchen. Over the next few days, we will see the normal remarks re Cobra meetings, "redoubling our efforts" etc etc but ...cars and kitchen knives...there are limits on what the security forces and society as a whole can do.
    Sad news. I hope all other victims recover. Good work of the Met as it seems. @barryt007 I wish you a safe journey home mate, take care!
    Thank Rossy mate x I'm on the train now .

The policeman stabbed was dead at the scene x bastards .

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @barryt007, Are you okay, mate? Man... This is such a dark day. I hope the doers burn in hell.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    @barryt007, Are you okay, mate? Man... This is such a dark day. I hope the doers burn in hell.

I'm ok my old friend x the security services were widening the no-go zone,shutting things down,so I got out of there x on the train home now.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited March 2017 Posts: 9,020
    @barry007

Just been informed about the horrible news. I and my unit will watch the news shortly on the big telly in the mess hall.

This is making me sick. I was standing on that bridge last September and it was so beautiful, the view, everything. I love London.

What a tragedy. I just hope the seriously wounded people will recover.
    A car as a weapon. It makes me sick. What has the world come to....

We will never give in to terrorism. NEVER
    full.jpg
    from last September when I was in that wonderful town.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Terrible news. Hope our MI6 members from London are ok.
    @barry007

Just been informed about the horrible news. I and my unit will watch the news shortly on the big telly in the mess hall.

This is making me sick. I was standing on that bridge last September and it was so beautiful, the view, everything. I love London.

What a tragedy. I just hope the seriously wounded people will recover.
    A car as a weapon. It makes me sick. What has the world come to....

We will never give in to terrorism. NEVER
    full.jpg
    from last September when I was in that wonderful town.

Indeed my friend,and thanks for your kind words of support..i am SO SO angry....4 people dead now,including a policeman.

• RC7RC7
    edited March 2017 Posts: 10,512
    A mate of mine who is another big Bond fan is currently holed up in Westminster. I wasn't around that way today, thankfully.
    The Prime Minister is organising a COBRA meeting .
    Parliament will sit as normal tomorrow and at its normal times...no change.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    I wouldn't expect anything else from Londoners.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    This is one of those moments you wish James Bond was real.

I'm still catching up with what has happened (just woke up), but all the appreciation has to go to the emergency services and police who were able to stabilize the situation and stop more needless death. We can't get desensitized to this shit, no matter how much it happens. I think we'll find out that the perpetrator/s were influenced by radicalism, but were acting on their own. It's the same way it happens in the states, with homegrown domestic killers, and that seems to be universal.
    At least MI5/MI6 shot the bastard,just too late to save the policeman.

But we can study the body,his home etc and find out more about him,so thats something.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    barryt007 wrote: »
    At least MI5/MI6 shot the bastard,just too late to save the policeman.

But we can study the body,his home etc and find out more about him,so thats something.

It'll probably be the usual, where items are found linking him to being a Muslim. Then we'll have to deal with another fresh month of people generalizing all Muslims.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Turns out this guy was a hate preacher.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Where did that come from @Mendes ? Link please.
This discussion has been closed.