Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    No Pierce? That blows. :neutral:
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Brolin getting that comic book money from every possible studio with a franchise.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I wonder if there'll be Thanos jokes in Deadpool 2 because of this.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2017 Posts: 15,694
    I went through Josh Brolin's trivia section on his IMDB page, and found this quote from him:

(2010 - on doing romantic comedies) I wouldn't know how to do it. I don't like the genre, and comedies are not fun to do. Everybody on the set gets so serious trying to figure out how to make the timing and jokes right. Ryan Reynolds is one guy who I think nobody can do that better than, and he doesn't get any f***ing credit for it. I went back to see him three times in The Proposal (2000). I'm so gay.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-villai-ayesha-1-230040.jpg
    I have a question regarding Ayesha, I've been wondering if we're gonna see anything else Ayesha but this costume. Do we know if she's gonna have a fight scene or wear any other costume? Just looking forward to this character :)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Just watched Ragnarok Trailer looks awesome, phone playing up cant put link up.

I'm late to the party. Just saw this trailer.

One word.

Cate

Nuff said.
    bondjames wrote: »

One word.

Cate

Nuff said.

That was my reaction, Cate overshadowed the Hulk.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    doubleoego wrote: »

Marvel announced him as the writer, director and producer of all the Guardians films from Vol. 4 to 30 as well today.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2017 Posts: 15,694
    Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 2 will feature five post-credit scenes.
    Does that mean the bare credits sans scenes will be 2-3mins, or will the entire credits take 30mins?

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    That's definitely pushing it.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Does that mean the bare credits sans scenes will be 2-3mins, or will the entire credits take 30mins?

The song listings alone could take up to 11 minutes.
    bondjames wrote: »

One word.

Cate

Nuff said.

That was my reaction, Cate overshadowed the Hulk.

Trailer looks good but I'm shocked with fate of... Mjolnir!!! :-O
    edited April 2017 Posts: 11,139
    Hallelujah!!!...I'm getting it...I'm getting what I've always wanted! :-O

http://ew.com/movies/2017/04/18/blac...footage-marvel

the studio unveiled the film’s first footage at a special open house at the company’s Los Angeles offices on Monday night.

“I’m super excited about an African king who is also strong enough, fast enough, smart enough to do some of the things that T’Challa is going to do in this film,” director Ryan Coogler said in a sizzle reel for his third film, which follows on the critical and commercial success of Fruitvale Station and Creed.

Through Civil War, audiences became familiar and intrigued by T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman), the royal superhero. But while he appeared in some of the screened footage, the most memorable moments in the teasers belonged to the rest of the film’s talented ensemble.

Portraying Nakia, a member of Dora Milaje, the king’s female bodyguards, Oscar winner Lupita Nyong’o gets her hands dirty in scene where she single-handedly takes down a group of armed assailants in the jungle.

In a sequence that also features Boseman getting in on the action choreography, Martin Freeman (playing Everett Ross, who first appeared in Captain America: Civil War) and Andy Serkis (who made his debut as Ulysses Klaue in Avengers: Age of Ultron) trade one-liners. (“Well, you brought quite the entourage, do you have a mixtape coming out?” “Oh yeah, I’ll actually send you link.”)

Much of the other footage focuses on the journey that the key players take to Warrior Falls for T’Challa’s coronation as king. Real-life friends Nyong’o and Danai Gurira show off their camaraderie in the sequence, which also includes Forest Whitaker as Zuri.

Missing from the screened footage was villain Erik Killmonger, who is played by Michael B. Jordan. While the Creed star popped up for an interview in the sizzle reel, a more noteworthy peek at his Black Panther role was provided by artwork of his character, which featured Jordan with noticeably longer hair than his usual look.

“The story is just going to be very honest and gritty,” he teased. “I think it’s a lot of the right ingredients that we have to make something really special.”

Black Panther lands in theaters on Feb. 16, 2018.

tumblr_inline_nshnimJM8j1qib16l_500.gif
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I've said it before, but I'll say it again: we'll be talking about Black Panther up there with Winter Solider after its release.

What other movie is going to show you sexy panther-suited women fighting goons in the jungle, or a royal hero decked out in an armored black suit pounding from car to car in a chase in the wilds of Africa?
    I mean damn, from the BP comics my dad used to read to me as a child to growing up and buying Priest and Hudlin's run (I hate Coates' run with a burning passion), Coogler is going to give the world what made/makes BP so incredible. He really gets it and yes, this film is going to be one of the all time greats. I'm so mega-hyped, there aren't any words to describe what I'm feeling.

I'm on cloud 9000 right now.

Also...

http://www.etonline.com/movies/215460_secrets_from_inside_marvel_studios/

There's a mural painted on one wall showing Chadwick Boseman's T'Challa staring off at a tree full of panthers and--though Black Panther doesn't finish filming until Wednesday and won't hit theaters until 2018--we assembled around a coffee table topped with an encased Baby Groot to watch three minutes of sizzle reel for the movie.

"This is not a world that we've ever seen--as big as it is, as advanced as it is, and also the respect and the homage paid to its past traditions," Angela Bassett, serving for the gods in regal headdresses and flowing white dreadlocks as T'Challa's mother, Ramonda, teased in the clip. Judging from the concept art and brief glimpses of behind-the-scenes footage, the film will be as lush as it is sci-fi: shots of T'Challa in his upgraded Black Panther suit in the jungle, fighting in a bar and giving a political speech. A mountain glowing with vibranium. At one point, if I'm not mistaken, I saw an armored rhinoceros. (I think I saw an armored rhinoceros. There are probably weaponized rhinos in Black Panther, guys.)

What other movie is going to show you sexy panther-suited women fighting goons in the jungle, or a royal hero decked out in an armored black suit pounding from car to car in a chase in the wilds of Africa?

'Black Panther 2'. ;)
    http://www.vulture.com/2017/04/black...ro-movies.html

That unique sensibility appears to have paid off. Black Panther doesn’t look like any of the other Marvel movies, and it shouldn’t if it wants to pay proper tribute to the impact of the first black superhero in mainstream American comics. Let’s start with the costumes by Oscar nominee Ruth E. Carter, making her Marvel Studios debut. Whether T’Challa is spending his downtime in a dashiki or the Dora Milaje are marching in warrior suits of rich brown and gold, Carter has found a remarkable way to merge centuries of African culture with the particulars of superhero pop. I died and came back to life when I saw the first footage of Angela Bassett as Ramonda, the actress resplendent in a shimmering honey robe with an enormous headpiece that would send every Sunday church lady home to start over. Let’s be honest: If Angela Bassett is your mother, you’re beginning the superhero sweepstakes on third base, but T’Challa will still have his work cut out for him to earn any attention next to Bassett’s queen at her most fierce.

Then there’s the fictional setting of Wakanda, which trades the prosaic metropolitan cities of most Marvel movies for something exciting and new. T’Challa’s wealthy nation strikes a balance between high-tech futurism and verdant nature, suggesting an African grassland where technology can enhance what the earth gives us instead of plundering it. We saw dailies and concept art of an African tech castle with a driveway filled by sleek airships, a glowing Vibranium waterfall, a futuristic Wakanda Design Center where T’Challa goes to visit his sister Shuri, and a shot so striking — T’Challa, deep in the forest, regarding an old tree draped with a dozen panthers — that it’s been painted as a mural in one of the studio’s most highly trafficked hallways.

They're not dicking around with this film at all. They did their homework!
    @doubleoego, one of the most anticipated things I can't wait to see on the big screen, period, is Wakanda. I think they're really going to blow people's socks off with their creation of that world, and it'll be such a vibrant, lush and fascinating stage to set the movie on. Location will become character, and all will be well and good in the world.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @doubleoego, one of the most anticipated things I can't wait to see on the big screen, period, is Wakanda. I think they're really going to blow people's socks off with their creation of that world, and it'll be such a vibrant, lush and fascinating stage to set the movie on. Location will become character, and all will be well and good in the world.

Yeah, Wakanda is going to look breath taking. The visuals of the jungles and the afrofuturistic cities....im already drooling. Wakanda is goingvto be a real sightvto behold and as a country, it also serves as a character, especially moreso that Wakanda will be a major player in the MCU for the next 10 years at least.
    Remember in Cap 1 when Howard Stark introduced at his expo the possibility of flying or in his case hovering cars? Wakanda were already on that and they get their stuff to actually fly. My mind is definitely ready but I don't trust my body to handle all this awesomeness that awaits.

I'm sure we'll get a something BP related as one of the 5 post credit scenes in GoTg Vol. 2
    doubleoego wrote: »

Yeah, Wakanda is going to look breath taking. The visuals of the jungles and the afrofuturistic cities....im already drooling. Wakanda is goingvto be a real sightvto behold and as a country, it also serves as a character, especially moreso that Wakanda will be a major player in the MCU for the next 10 years at least.
    Remember in Cap 1 when Howard Stark introduced at his expo the possibility of flying or in his case hovering cars? Wakanda were already on that and they get their stuff to actually fly. My mind is definitely ready but I don't trust my body to handle all this awesomeness that awaits.

I'm sure we'll get a something BP related as one of the 5 post credit scenes in GoTg Vol. 2

If I know Marvel, they'll reference that in the films, likely in a conversation down the line between T'Challa and Tony.

You're right, though. The hyper-advanced Wakanda will be amazing to see, much like Asgard was to me.
    This article confirms Ludwig Goransson, Coogler's frequent collaborator as the composer. This is another massive coup.

I've mentioned I want Goransson to score a Bond film.

You’re Not Ready for Black Panther’s Stunning New Spin on Superhero Movies

Louis D’Esposito, the co-president of Marvel Studios, grinned as a group of journalists sat down in a Disney screening room Monday night. “The first thing you’ll be seeing,” he told us, “is Lupita taking out some bad guys.”

The executives at Marvel Studios are known for playing their cards close to the vest, but every so often, when you know you’re sitting on a winning hand, you can’t help but show off. That’s why the studio summoned reporters to the Disney lot in Burbank to tease several of the movies coming from Marvel’s wildly successful cinematic universe, including Thor: Ragnarok, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Ant-Man and the Wasp, and Captain Marvel. Aside from a full screening of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, by far the biggest sneak peek the studio offered was an extensive look at Black Panther, which wraps filming in Atlanta tomorrow and is due out February 16, 2018.

As we watched dailies of Oscar winner Lupita Nyong’o ably somersaulting through a Black Panther action sequence, D’Esposito beamed. While the fight choreography was straight out of the Marvel playbook — you could imagine Scarlett Johansson’s Black Widow going through many of the same motions — as Nyong’o flung herself into the scene with steely commitment on her face and a vivid green shroud wrapped around her body, the footage carried with it an undeniable X factor. That’s exactly the sweet spot the studio hopes to hit with Black Panther: The film has to be familiar enough to fit into Marvel’s ever-expanding cinematic universe while also offering enough spark to jump-start its own singular franchise. A tricky task, but to judge from some of the stunning things that D’Esposito and his colleagues showed off last night, it looks like Marvel is on the right track.

Directed by Ryan Coogler (Creed, Fruitvale Station), Black Panther picks up the story of T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman) after his well-received introduction in Captain America: Civil War. As he comes to grips with the death of his father, the former king of their African nation Wakanda, T’Challa must return home and succeed him. Despite the presence of several strong allies in T’Challa’s corner — including Angela Bassett as his mother, Queen Ramonda, and an all-female group of elite bodyguards known as the Dora Milaje — he soon finds that it’s not easy to be a head of state and a superhero at the same time, especially when the nation is threatened by several villains including the dangerous Erik Killmonger (Michael B. Jordan).

Coogler was wooed for months by Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige before he accepted the Black Panther directing gig; in part, I’ve heard, because Coogler wanted to be sure he could put his own personal stamp on the film. Many of the Marvel movies are shot, composed, and edited by the same in-house people, but Coogler wanted to bring over several of his own trusted collaborators, including co-writer Joe Robert Cole, composer Ludwig Göransson, and cinematographer Rachel Morrison. (Indeed, with Black Panther, Morrison becomes the first woman to shoot a film in the Marvel cinematic universe.)
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    jake24 wrote: »
    That's definitely pushing it.

I agree, but unless you want those scenes awkwardly forced somewhere into the film, this is really the only option.

Of course this is assuming these scenes are actually setting up the future narrative of the MCU or teeing up some of the upcoming films. If they are just a bunch of Howard the Duck type scenes, then it's just ridiculous.
    Exactly 7 days left until I'll see Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 2. Really excited! Final cinema trip for me before that will be Life this afternoon.
    Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck will helm 'Captain Marvel':

http://www.slashfilm.com/captain-marvel-directors/#more-411233