Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    I watched it at the European premiere. And it was the most fun, and adventurous of the three Iron Man films. And the most thrilling of all Marvels films to date. My heart pounded very, very fast during the climax.
    It was a very well made movie which just flew by, Downey made the best work as Iron Man yet and his caracther had a few intresting turns throughout the film.
    And for once, I didn't care about the 3D! That's something I thought never would have happen!

The bad guy in this film, without revealing to much is very inspired by Silva in one scene:
    He walks around in a white suit, white blonde hair that is slicked back. In that scene, he mentions rats while Tony Stark is tied up.
    Quite the homage, and in one part of the score i heard some resemblance to TNDs soundtrack!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I didn't notice that, but then Tony says
    "Everybody needs a hobby"

I missed AC/DC in this one, but the soundtrack was good nonetheless. I have to say that I did like the 3D in this one, it was very well done indeed.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    I've watched this film last sunday, it is just amazing.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Sandy wrote:

I missed AC/DC in this one, but the soundtrack was good nonetheless. I have to say that I did like the 3D in this one, it was very well done indeed.

Yep, that line was almost to obvious ;)
    MrBond wrote:
    Sandy wrote:

If it was an "homage," then Shane Black had a copy of Skyfall's script. Filming on Iron Man 3 began in June 2012. At that point, only the teaser trailer of Skyfall was out and you didn't see much of Silva. Not saying it's impossible, but there wasn't a lot of information available when Iron Man 3 script was written or even during filming.

http://screenrant.com/iron-man-3-north-carolina-june-2012-robf-133827/

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    MrBond wrote:
    Sandy wrote:

If it was an "homage," then Shane Black had a copy of Skyfall's script. Filming on Iron Man 3 began in June 2012. At that point, only the teaser trailer of Skyfall was out and you didn't see much of Silva. Not saying it's impossible, but there wasn't a lot of information available when Iron Man 3 script was written or even during filming.

http://screenrant.com/iron-man-3-north-carolina-june-2012-robf-133827/

Interesting, because the lines don't look like a coincidence.
    Saw this yesterday! Brilliant fun! After credits bit made me laugh too! Roll on Avengers 2!!!!!
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Saw this yesterday! Brilliant fun! After credits bit made me laugh too! Roll on Avengers 2!!!!!

Well, in my local cinema they shut of quite immediately as the credits started to roll..
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I just saw it today, and damn was I impressed. I loved
    the banter between Tony and the henchmen during the escape scene
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    I saw it yesterday. It was pretty good although I think I prefer the first one better. It kinda had a slow start and I wished some things were explained a bit clearer, but otherwise, it was good fun. Robert Downey Jr. was great as always and the rest of the cast did well. I certainly like the Stark and Rhodey dynamic, it played out better than in the second one.
    My favorite scene was that skydiving one - very impressive and that it was done by a real skydiving team adds to it's awesomeness.
    Iron Man 3 is one of the worst movies I have seen in a while. It's even worse than Iron Man 2, which I didn't think was possible. The "twist" infuriated me; the movie bored me, since there is actually very little Iron Man in this damn Iron Man Flick. And character motivations are hazy at best. And it has some huge plot holes. This movie is terrible. I am left scratching my head at all the supposed comic book fans making excuses for this tripe.
    This movie does have some good points though. Downey is great as always; Paltrow was good; Guy Pearce was really good as well. And the scene where Tony's house got blown up and the last twenty minute battle were awesome.And if you know the history of mandarin you will going to be very much disappointed in this movie.I Honestly think they did this movie for one reason and one reason only.. to showcase the "Iron Man Armory" . I'll just have to wait for Joss Whedon and Avengers 2 to get Iron Man right again.
    2/5 stars.
    The first Iron man is still the best.
    I found this film to be quite a nice surprise ! I usually don't care much for Marvel movies and I was bored to death by the first 2 Iron Man (not speaking of the Avengers which was the weakest and grossest scenario in the decade). I usually find the stories so predictable I get bored between each action sequence which in the end all look the same, and the character not so interesting.
    But this Iron Man broke the routine in my opinion. There was a nice balance between the characters, humour and action. The various sequences were very different, and not relying only on exploding stuff. In the end, although these are still the same stereotypical characters, they are decently introduced and are given some nice scenes which are quite original indeed (what they did with the Mandarin and Pepper nicely put together, and Guy Pearce was a very decent character). In the end, I really enjoyed myself, without getting the impression that the story was hasty and lazy as in other marvel films.
    Do I need to see Iron Man 2 to understand this? I liked Iron Man 1 and Avengers, and I love Shane Black, so I want to see it.

But I'm not sure if I should watch the other sequel first?
    Dalton12 wrote:
    Iron Man 3 is one of the worst movies I have seen in a while.

Nah. You're just upset that it's better than the new Superman film :P
    I would say it is better not to have seen the 2nd Iron Man. When looking back at it, nothing important really happened during this episode, beside introducing a bit the coming Avengers, and screwing up a lot of potential.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    No, it can be good if you have watched The Avengers before this one though!
    Thanks you two. I'll go and see it soon then.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I am hoping to see it here in Japan soon. Maybe this coming weekend. I'll post then. I do like Downey very much as Iron Man. Last movie I've seen before will be The Avengers, a good one I think, for going into Iron Man 3.
    Am I the only one who realizes the plot is the same as Tomorrow Never Dies
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 1,310
    While I still believe the first Iron-Man to be better, Iron-Man 3 was a thoroughly fun time at the movies. Yes, there are some plot holes and moments I didn't care for, but I had a good time.

7/10
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    I saw it over the weekend. It is just a downright fun movie! I really enjoyed it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    After reading up on the whole history of who is in the film, I can most certainly understand why die-hard fans would be upset about the events in the film, most certainly that big twist.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2013 Posts: 13,350
    I'm going to see this now, I should be back in just over three hours time.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Samuel001 wrote:

Enjoy, and do let us know what you thought of the movie.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Creasy47 wrote:
    After reading up on the whole history of who is in the film, I can most certainly understand why die-hard fans would be upset about the events in the film, most certainly that big twist.

I had absolutely no problem with the big twist. My thoughts spoiler-tagged below:
    I assume that I didn't mind it because I'd been reading up on the film basically since The Avengers came out last year, so knowing that the Extremis story was the backbone of the film made me a little skeptical about the Mandarin being in the film in the first place. Mandarin wasn't in Extremis, granted neither, really, was Killian, but they worked that out well. I was a little surprised that Stark himself was never given an Extremis injection at any point in the film, because that was a very important part of the comic. Over all, I thought the Mandarin twist was well done, extremely funny (specifically when he comes in from the toilet and talks about fortune cookies), and within the context of the Iron Man film series, was somewhat necessary. Plus, it gives Tony a good throughline, because in all three films, he fights a businessman in some way.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Enjoy, and do let us know what you thought of the movie.

Well, I'm back and I really enjoyed it. The twist works well but I would have liked to have seen it without it, perhaps because that's the film you expect to be watching. A fun time certainly, though the action in these types of films always seems CGI heavy to me.
    Looking forward to seeing what this twist is. Most of the internet seems to be complaining about the movie because of that.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    A fun time certainly, though the action in these types of films always seems CGI heavy to me.

I prefer it when there's less CGI in action films but to be fair there's not really a way around it in a film with a man in flying robot armour as the protagonist.
    Seeing IM 3 reminded me why I didn't particularly liked 1 or 2 or Avengers. Too much over the top action with just little fillers in between. Ben Kingsley was great though and i like Downey jr. No chemistry with Paltrow, but that's her fault, She is cold as a fish. Some of the humor was quite funny but I found as much just being thrown in there, because its a RDJ film and needs that and people expect it. 6/10 from me.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited May 2013 Posts: 4,043
    If it's Like The Avengers then count me out, biggest load of overrated C.G.I saturated nonsense I saw all last year.

IM 1 one was good, 2 was a load of tosh, I'm pretty much done with Marvel. The films seem like cartoons, I'm clearly far too old to find this kind of thing entertaining, this is the way blockbuster cinema is going though, looking forward to Star Trek next Friday looks more my cup of tea.
    Watching it tonight, I'm looking forward to the thing and the rug thing and the thing that wasn't the thing but was supposed to be the main thing. Plus I can't wait to see Pearce in action...but thing that wasn't the thing is going to be the thing I want to watch.
    I think when I first saw iron man 3 I was a little angry about the mandarin twist and that affected my opinion.
    Now that I saw it for the second time in the cinema my opinion has changed a little.
    The big problem I had with Iron Man was it never found out what it was supposed to be. The trailer made it seem all dark Nolan Batman style but the movie was constantly conflicted by fairly dark moments and humor and never found the perfect mix of the two. Still an enjoyable film but not a great film. Also a movie where I don't totally hate the kid actor's pretty special.