Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    It's gonna be weird watching a Captain America movie where the bad guy is Iron Man.
    Dalton12 wrote: »

Huge news Marvel are hitting big, DC really need to deliver with Dawn of Justice and Justice League. I was expecting Civil War in an Avengers film, though this is probably better.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Seriously? I'm not happy if Iron Man is a bad guy in it. Not at all.
    Wow!!! Chuffed that Iron Man will be in Captain America 3! Not so sure how i feel about the possibility of him being the villain of the piece though? On a seperate note, how will that affect Avenger movies?
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 6,432
    Sorry double post.
    Iron man and cap find themselves on different sides of the superhero registration act. Its a story arc within the comics, its not so much good and bad though a conflict of ideologies. In the capable hands of the Russo brothers this could be something pretty special.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It's a nice story twist. With what Tony has gone through over the years and probably witnessing what happened in the Winter Soldier, I could see why he would be a potential villain. But not a villain in the normal sense. Maybe a vigilante type like Nightwing.
    How CAPTAIN AMERICA 3 Directors Once Responded To CIVIL WAR & FALLEN SON As Subtitles
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=109260#06Bwj2gAEiBKg5r9.99
    How CAPTAIN AMERICA 3 Directors Once Responded To CIVIL WAR & FALLEN SON As Subtitles
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=109260#06Bwj2gAEiBKg5r9.99

Very interesting
    Ties in with Evans current picture deal and also his well documented intention to quit acting and move into directing. Thought this would come about at some point, Bucky assuming the mantel. Though did not think it would be this arc.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited October 2014 Posts: 11,139
    Makes sense. With age of ultron being about ultron being created by stark and then ultron acting independently, causing mayhem and serving as a tyrant in the process, I can see Stark re-evaluating his position and supporting the idea of a registration act which of course will clash with Cap 's ideologies and bang! The seeds of Civil war are sewn.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    As many have already said, Stark wouldn't be a villain in the traditional sense if Civil War is adapted in Cap 3. In fact, many may see Cap as the "villain" (I hate that some are calling them that) depending on their perspective. He and Cap would simply be on two separate sides of a law that causes them to pick sides. I think the film will offer up a great sense of moral ambiguity as both have chosen their respective paths for the right reasons, and both are still honorable men and heroes.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    As long as it is not a traditional villain role and hopefully they are not trying to really kill each other ... but you know, I'll see it anyway. :) I love both the actors.
    Will be interesting to see which Avengers will appear on either side, not the Avengers we have seen on screen so far. Could Disney/Marvel possibly bring Spiderman or/and Wolverine into the fray! Anything is possible if the right deal is struck! This film could be huge and there are a lot of rumours flying about.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Will be interesting to see which Avengers will appear on either side, not the Avengers we have seen on screen so far. Could Disney/Marvel possibly bring Spiderman or/and Wolverine into the fray! Anything is possible if the right deal is struck! This film could be huge and there are a lot of rumours flying about.

I'd love to see Andrew Garfield's Spidey pop in, though the film's plot would impact the other Amazing Spider-Man films down the line if they stick with his identity being exposed to the public. I think Marvel completely retconned that part of the storyline anyway, if I remember correctly.

I'd love to see massive crossovers between studio owned characters, and I don't see why it hasn't happened yet. All they're worried about is making money, and if they all got together and combined characters from the X-Men with those of the Avengers and the rest of the Marvel line, they'd be swimming in the green. It's a no-brainer.
    Spidey is the big one that's looking more and more likely to have a cross over and when it happens...it's going to be like the hype of 2000 all over again.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Spidey is the big one that's looking more and more likely to have a cross over and when it happens...it's going to be like the hype of 2000 all over again.

Sony have even gone on record saying they'd like to see Spidey crossover into other films and are reportedly in talks with Marvel about such an endeavor. I'd certainly rather see Spidey fighting alongside Iron Man, Cap, Hulk and Thor over having a Venom or Sinister Six spin-off film.
    Garfield is the only redeemable thing about the franchise, can't get rid of him...please just give it to Marvel or work with them, sucks seeing Spider-Man get such poor treatment.The only thing in need of a recast are the producers behind spider-man, retire Avi Arad already.

Garfield is the only redeemable thing about the franchise, can't get rid of him...please just give it to Marvel or work with them, sucks seeing Spider-Man get such poor treatment.The only thing in need of a recast are the producers behind spider-man, retire Avi Arad already.

Garfield can really shine as Peter (especially the Ultimate universe Parker), I agree, and the chemistry he and Emma Stone have in those films makes them well worth the watch. Without their dynamic TASM2 would have been a chore to sit through. Am I the only one who cringes inside and out whenever Dane Dehaan's Harry is on the screen? What were they thinking with that casting? Add to that how unpolished everything was from Electro's whiny persona and the shockingly horrid cartoonish effects and I wonder what the hell went wrong. I find the first film to be superior in every way, and now I even like the suit from the first movie better as well. Who'd have thunk it? I agree about scrapping much of the current team, as they haven't proven to be very useful.

Garfield can really shine as Peter (especially the Ultimate universe Parker), I agree, and the chemistry he and Emma Stone have in those films makes them well worth the watch. Without their dynamic TASM2 would have been a chore to sit through. Am I the only one who cringes inside and out whenever Dane Dehaan's Harry is on the screen? What were they thinking with that casting? Add to that how unpolished everything was from Electro's whiny persona and the shockingly horrid cartoonish effects and I wonder what the hell went wrong. I find the first film to be superior in every way, and now I even like the suit from the first movie better as well. Who'd have thunk it? I agree about scrapping much of the current team, as they haven't proven to be very useful.

Yes I agree about Dane Dehaan's Harry James franco was way better. TASM2's Green Goblin was terrible. This guy was on screen for 2 minutes and he already killed Pete's girlfriend and had a cool laugh.
    He's just so annoying. His voice, the stupid haircut they gave him which crippled Tobey back in Spider-Man 3, the face of his I want to punch; all of it. What were they thinking? In addition to that, Electro had so much potential to be an interesting and relatable villain you'd want to root for, but they cut out so much footage that developed his character and basically turned him into a guy on a rampage because he has insecurity issues. Oh, nobody likes me, nobody remembers my name. There's only one thing to do: destroy New York!

Anyway, if you want to continue this discussion we could head on over to the spoiler discussion thread for the film, so as not to keep this one off track.

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2553/the-amazing-spider-man-series-2012-present/p16
    Interesting rumor :Russo Brothers in negotiations to direct Avengers 3 and 4?
    If this is true hopefully Whedon is still writing the screenplays.

http://lockerdome.com/6822386033107009/7060697595003412
    The Russos would make fantastic Avengers movies. Winter soldier was phenomenal.
    I am guessing their would be less individual movies for the likes of Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor then? If their is to be a 4th Avenger movie? Always figured their would atleast be 3 of them.
    Well, if Cap 3 is the Civil War story, he will likely still be a big focus, but he will have others hogging screen time too, namely Iron Man for obvious reasons as he is the one Cap most disagrees with in this arc. Because of his, it will be less a solo film and more an ensemble one, like Avengers. Iron Man 4 likely won't happen for a while if it is going to go through at all, as Iron Man will be in Avengers 2 and Cap 3 first, so we'll have to see what happens there. However, I do think I heard that Thor 3 is being developed, so we might see another solo adventure for the God of Thunder after he appears in Avengers 2 and Cap 3.
    Robert Downey Jr. Owns The Massive AVENGERS 'A' From Stark Tower
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheSewer/news/?a=109491#aPVUDHlrOvqO54dk.99
    Robert Downey Jr Comments On CAPTAIN AMERICA 3 - 'It's Gonna Be Huge'
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=109580#q6qwD1lf1LZTPLhA.99
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Cap vs. Iron Man? It damn well better be huge.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 4,619

The whole trailer has leaked. It looks OK but nothing special. Bond 24 blow this out of the water in terms of quality but will probably make less money.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By4e12DxrjXQZ3FUaE0yVFlTSlU/view?pli=1