The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    What is contained in the deleted scenes? Would someone mind telling me, please?

There is an alternate opening that shows the villain is actually a man hired by both the Americans and Russians to play out 'war games'. He sits in front of the leaders of the state (in the film, its the Russians) and goes through what would happen in a situation of nuclear war. The Americans don't know he does it for the Russians, and the Russians don't know he does it for the Americans. This alternate opening also lets us see the decoder guy, that otherwise in the film just kind of shows up.

Pertaining to the villain, you also see a scene where the decoder guy (the same as above, the one with the ugly wife and child) tries to attack 'Cobalt' and it shows Cobalt's strength and military training.

Those are the two most important to me, because they actually set up the villain.

Very nice. This could have well added the backbone that was needed. Great film though, nonetheless.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    DVbA4O5LljUmeh_1_l.jpg

62561-large.jpg
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @MajorDSmythe: tell me, for I'm dying to know, what you think of The Innkeepers, good sir. ;-)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I have not seen it yet, as i'm still waiting for it to be delivered. But you'll know as soon as i've seen it. :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I finally caved and picked up MI:GP at Walmart for $19.99. It's the whole shebang, too, so I get the alternate ending and all of the deleted scenes. Can't wait to give it a watch.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2012 Posts: 4,444
    30 April - Queensday 2012 Total: 8

l_1193138_5cd8514e.jpg
    Up in the Air (2009)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6Qb27lIo8grsu3HZBL0NEMcpulWWyaaEPSuBCbqMZPqBuymY_Qg
    Triple X- Next Level (2005/Lee Tamahori)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqbNKQkaV5xXWLKep08YnLGIVr7IYG2_FNg6nFTN0a62NrC-s4hA
    City of God/Cidade de Deus (2002)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmLu7iwDMzYL51OWh7KrhCKPxEkmg73XS7V8ZDl_Kk_TXvq-3h
    Ripley's Game (2002)

5859.jpg
    Ripley Under Ground (2005/Roger Spottiswoode)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjTawUkdQ58XzitC_qAqzGrJUTU1Bb4t7HJQ6oPGDWfNUcO3tW
    In Bruges (2008)

cover.jpg
    Surf's Up (2007)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRowPB2S_wzCnflKHKM5k5D41yp1kEpJFaPhYLWpWrhdEmylnBr
    Syriana (2005)

Update 2 May 2012 Video from what i bought:

• edited May 2012 Posts: 2,782
    Really do we buy movies anymore? I'll pay to watch one at the movies and then DL or jailbreak my Apple TV and let the goodness stream through.

Did anyone call me a pirate?

Just DL Capin America the first ninja lol.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Really do we buy movies anymore? I'll pay to watch one at the movies and then DL or jailbreak my Apple TV and let the goodness stream through.

Did anyone call me a pirate?

not me - I actually DL'ed the series 'Yes Minister' yesterday and watched the first few episodes..... hilarious !!

I love Yes, Minister / Yes, Prime Minister. But i'm and old fashioned consumer, I prefer to buy from a shop, and watch on tv.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I love Yes, Minister / Yes, Prime Minister. But i'm and old fashioned consumer, I prefer to buy from a shop, and watch on tv.

I like to watch most of my films online that I can't get in the stores, mostly 40s and 50s films, but I always get my favorite films on Blu-ray.

I like to watch most of my films online that I can't get in the stores, mostly 40s and 50s films, but I always get my favorite films on Blu-ray.

I can understand that. There are films i'm looking for that have not been issued on DVD. I want to see Tiger Joe, but as of yet, it's not made it's way to DVD. Though it did get the VHS treatment, I have not found a suitable copy.
    ghost protocol, which i found disappointing. also bought wanted, hellboy 1 and 2. batman the movie special edition which i always find hilarious, and ang lee's hulk.
  • The Iron Lady

Meryl Streep is amazing as Margaret Thatcher and thoroughly deserved the accolades she received. But the story is so weak and very poorly done, if only the writers had focused on one aspect of her premiership such as her resignation, it would have been great. Instead, it's a muddled mess
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Revenge+of+Pink+Panther.jpg

My favorite of the Inspector Clouseau comedies. It's definitely the most underrated.
    After renting and loving Haywire last night, I just got back from Walmart with my blu-ray copy of the film. Can't wait to give it another viewing soon. If you like brutal hand-to-hand combat, or enjoyed a film like Salt, then you'll love this.
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,894
    edited May 2012 Posts: 3,262
    One of my favorite WWII secret agent films:

the_counterfeit_traitor.jpg

Lilli Palmer is particularly memorable as a very atypical female character for a spy film. A femme-non-fatale so to speak and a surprisingly decent human being.
    Picked up both of these at Best Buy a few hours ago for a surprising total of $15 because of a DVD trade-in deal:

- Saving Private Ryan
    - The Hangover: Part II
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Picked up both of these at Best Buy a few hours ago for a surprising total of $15 because of a DVD trade-in deal:

- Saving Private Ryan
    - The Hangover: Part II

Nice. I can't wait for Black Friday to come around again. Can you say Blu-ray bargain hunting?! :D
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, you and I both! I never get to go out for Black Friday, but I enjoy waiting around for the deals online for Amazon. I have amassed quite a large collection of blu-rays, and I sometimes worry that I won't really give all of them a watch every time I have the chance, but they're there when I want them, and I can't pass up a good blu-ray deal.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (Blu Ray)

Captain America (Blu Ray)
    Picked up The Shawshank Redemption at Walmart the other day for only $7.88 on blu-ray.
    002.jpg
    51F87FHTRML._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    Dawn-Of-The-Mummy-(DVD)-(Wide-Screen).jpg
    51AVBgobc6L.jpg
    Quarantine.jpg
    5051160292212.png

I was a bit weirded out when I saw the disc. It has a look of a DVD-R disc. Now I'm going to spend two and a half hours re-watching this one.
    Not a movie, but a favorite TV series as a kid:

LogansRun_Complete_f.jpg
    Fast Five
    Patton
    Alien
    Aliens
    Alien 3
    Alien Resurrection

all on B-Ray
    Picked up The Crazies at Best Buy yesterday for only $7.99.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Picked up The Crazies at Best Buy yesterday for only $7.99.

1973 or 2010?
    2010. I've only see bits and pieces of the '73 version. I'd like to see it one day, but for now, I couldn't pass up that deal, and I'm a huge fan of Timothy Olyphant.
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,894
    Creasy47 wrote:
    2010. I've only see bits and pieces of the '73 version. I'd like to see it one day, but for now, I couldn't pass up that deal, and I'm a huge fan of Timothy Olyphant.

I've never seen the original, I watched the remake for Danielle Panabaker ( :x ). When you've seen the remake, you'll see why I wasn't happy.