The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote:
    2010. I've only see bits and pieces of the '73 version. I'd like to see it one day, but for now, I couldn't pass up that deal, and I'm a huge fan of Timothy Olyphant.

I've never seen the original, I watched the remake for Danielle Panabaker ( :x ). When you've seen the remake, you'll see why I wasn't happy.

I don't blame you; she really does it for me.
    ^What do you think of it? I quite liked it, though the ending was.. interesting. For me it didn't have that 'special' feeling of a great movie. It was just good, a few memorable bits with certain aircraft, oh and the diner scene. But again, I don't get a rush of excitement to see it.
    I really enjoyed it. I thought the ending was pretty cool; felt slightly typical, though. Film wasn't too scary, and there wasn't that many action packed scenes, but other than that, it's real enjoyable. Like I said, I'm a huge Timothy Olyphant fan, so it was a deciding factor in my purchase.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I really enjoyed it. I thought the ending was pretty cool; felt slightly typical, though. Film wasn't too scary, and there wasn't that many action packed scenes, but other than that, it's real enjoyable. Like I said, I'm a huge Timothy Olyphant fan, so it was a deciding factor in my purchase.

He really confuses me as an actor. In his TV series Justified his acting is beyond Oscar worthy. But in many of his films, like Hitman and Die Hard 4.0 I find his acting falling flat. I don't believe his characters.

In Crazies, I actually believed his character. Its weird.. when he's good he's great. When he's not good, it just pulls me out of the film. But for the most part I enjoy him. Justified is soooo good.
    @JWESTBROOK, you should check out A Perfect Getaway. Really enjoyable thriller, and his acting is very lively in the film. He isn't too droll or bland like he is in Die Hard; Hitman, I can forgive, because Agent 47 is a clone, so he doesn't really show emotion or liveliness.
    alien special edition and aliens special edition. left these movies intentionally alone for several years, watching them again was an absolute joy they are both outstanding films in there own right. i would go as far as saying they are both Scott and Cameron best movies.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    51GE5AADSML.jpg
    001010982.jpg
    303733d1333548761-movie-news-artist-set-blu-ray-dvd-may-28th-artist.jpg
    red%20heat%20dvd.jpg

And the following were bought from Poundland:
    g2p035.jpg
    1289704992841b5095812pa.jpeg
    [img][/img]
    FertileGrounddvd.jpg
    Thor
    Captain America
    MI4 - Ghost protocal
    SHerlock Holmes 2
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2012 Posts: 4,445
    Killers (2010) Re-released later with difrent cover art, this is the first release from 2010 who look like on the poster of the movie http://www.dvdsreleasedates.com/posters/800/K/Killers-movie-poster.jpg

7512239934.jpg7577654809.jpg
    Popeye
    Ean Code: 8 713982 009153
    Audio: English, Dutch Subtitels: Dutch, none Menu: Dutch

Presidentsverkiezingen (Popeye for President) - 1956
    Voor De Rechter (Assault and Flattery) - 1956
    Huwelijksaanzoek (Bride and Gloom) - 1954
    Als Ridder (Ancient Fistory) - 1953

Bonus Clips with:

Superman: Eleventh Hour (1942)
    Daffy Duck / Porky Pig: Yankee Doodle Daffy (1943)
    Bugs Bunny: Rhapsody Rabbit (1946)

The Dutch audio is not credit on the back cover and there are not 2 but 3 bonus short movies.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    How was the artist @MajorDSmythe? I love old Hollywood and black and white, and have wanted to see it.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    How was the artist @MajorDSmythe? I love old Hollywood and black and white, and have wanted to see it.

I've been wanting to see 'the artist' as well !!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

I've been wanting to see 'the artist' as well !!

It is one of the only films I have seen win the Oscar for BP that I think actually deserves it. It looks very powerful and true to the classic black and white pictures.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

I've not seen it yet, I only bought it today. I'm just happy to have another film with Penelope Ann Miller.

I've not seen it yet, I only bought it today. I'm just happy to have another film with Penelope Ann Miller.

I'll be readily awaiting your thoughts.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    drunken-master-DVDjpg.jpg

Jackie Chan doin what he does best, kicking arse and giving out some laughs too.

Also, in honour of Rambo 5 being announced...

5500503x.jpg
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @thelivingroyale have you seen 'The Raid' ?
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837

@DaltonCraig007 Yeah, saw it last week. And it was AMAZING. The action, the fight scenes, everything was mind blowing, and the bits in between were really tense and dramatic. The story was good too. Iko Uwais is a badass, and the director did a great job.

@DaltonCraig007 Yeah, saw it last week. And it was AMAZING. The action, the fight scenes, everything was mind blowing, and the bits in between were really tense and dramatic. The story was good too. Iko Uwais is a badass, and the director did a great job.

awesome, I really want to watch it !!

You should definetly watch it! Best film I've seen in ages.

You should definetly watch it! Best film I've seen in ages.

I should watch it soon :)

• edited May 2012 Posts: 2,782
    Just DL Blake's 7. Brilliant simply Brilliant as is 'The Raid' which is aweandthensome.
    had a binge today...
    star trek 6.
    star trek first contact special edition.
    donnie darko directors cut.
    stargate -ark of truth.
    m:i-2.
    mystery men.
    order of the phoenix.
    you're welcome America - a final night with George w bush.
    stargate directors cut.

I picked up the original 'Die Hard' on blu-ray two nights ago from Best Buy for only $9.99.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I picked up the original 'Die Hard' on blu-ray two nights ago from Best Buy for only $9.99.

Nice! I want to get the complete series on Blu-ray, but I might as well wait until 5 comes out.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, true. I have the first and fourth film on blu-ray, but 'Live Free Or Die Hard' is the PG-13 version; can't seem to find the R-rated blu-ray anywhere.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Dawn-Of-The-Mummy-(DVD)-(Wide-Screen).jpg
    51AVBgobc6L.jpg

@MajorDSmythe: are these any good? Recommended?

Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, true. I have the first and fourth film on blu-ray, but 'Live Free Or Die Hard' is the PG-13 version; can't seem to find the R-rated blu-ray anywhere.

I think the whole Die Hard collection has it. I may be wrong though.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, what, a PG-13 rating? The Die Hard 1 copy I picked up is rated R, thankfully. I would swiftly return it if it wasn't.
    No, an R rating. I think I have seen Die Hard 4, the R rated version that is, in the collection before, but like I said, I could be wrong.
    It could be. I picked it up off Amazon for a couple of dollars, and was sad to hear it was PG-13.

I remember when I purchased 'After the Sunset' on blu-ray off Amazon, and it was a wreck: it was some Canadian copy, some scenes in the film were altered (where one scene was the exact same, but the background song was changed - no idea why), and the case the disc came in was slightly crushed, shards all along the inside of it.

I asked for a refund, and could only be offered a refund on shipping. I should have asked the seller to slap me in the face while he was at it.