The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    @MajorDSmythe, glad to see you like Covert Affairs as well! Season 2 was brilliant, and 3 is coming!!!

Series 2 is out on R2 DVD in September. =D> That's not long, considering the 1st series came out on DVD on Monday.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    The Rocketeer on Blu-ray. A fantastic, entertaining period piece that should have done so much better. Probably one of the best comic book adaptations. Plus it's got Tim Dalton in! (and Jennifer Connelly).
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2012 Posts: 4,459
    Yesterday:

Thanks to minipizza and Universal.

Meet%20Joe%20Black.jpg
    Meet Joe Black (1998)

Composed by Thomas Newman ;)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited July 2012 Posts: 13,901
    dw_the_krotons_300.jpg
    172998-large.jpg
    51HI4yqdDhL.jpg
    518TCHXC3YL.jpg
    M_Balje wrote:
    Yesterday:

Thanks to minipizza and Universal.

Meet%20Joe%20Black.jpg
    Meet Joe Black (1998)

Composed by Thomas Newman ;)

Went to the premiere of that years ago for the cinema exhibitors! Great film, plenty of alcohol consumed and the delicious Clare Forlani! :x Wouldn't mind her as Moneypenny!
    Yesterday: thanks to minipizza and Paramount

mighty-heart-%28dvd%29.jpg
    A Mighty Heart (2007)

Today: thanks to minipizza and Universal

whole_cover.jpg
    The Holiday (2006)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I love The Holiday! One of my favorite Christmas time movies, and so underrated.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I love The Holiday! One of my favorite Christmas time movies, and so underrated.

Hoffman's cameo is great in the movie, I love it.

@MajorDSmythe, how was 'Cleanskin'?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Creasy47 wrote:

yes, I would like to know too, as the film is calmly waiting on my computer to be watched.... is it worth it ?
    Creasy47 wrote:

yes, I would like to know too, as the film is calmly waiting on my computer to be watched.... is it worth it ?

I've posted some thoughts in the Last Movie Watched thread.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:

Hoffman's cameo is great in the movie, I love it.

Yes, I love it.

"I can't go anywhere..." :))

Here it is:
    If I recall correctly, Hoffman stumbled upon shooting and they threw him in there.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    If I recall correctly, Hoffman stumbled upon shooting and they threw him in there.

OH WOW, YOU'RE RIGHT!
    http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2006/12/08/dustin_hoffman_literally_walked_into_hol

That is so cool!
    Very! I love when that happens.

Or how in TGWTDT remake, Ellen Nyqvist, daughter of the guy who played Blomkvist in the Swedish version and the bad guy in 'Ghost Protocol,' was an extra in a diner scene, and they hadn't realized she was his daughter until later on.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Very! I love when that happens.

Or how in TGWTDT remake, Ellen Nyqvist, daughter of the guy who played Blomkvist in the Swedish version and the bad guy in 'Ghost Protocol,' was an extra in a diner scene, and they hadn't realized she was his daughter until later on.

That's a shame, because they could have had her play Mikael's daughter.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I'm not sure if she has any acting abilities, but his daughter isn't in the film for a very long time, so I'm sure she could have pulled it off.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I'm not sure if she has any acting abilities, but his daughter isn't in the film for a very long time, so I'm sure she could have pulled it off.

Exactly, and the two would have that real life father-daughter connection. Just read some sad news about the English series of Dragon Tattoo films. It seems Sony aren't going to pull for the two sequels after what they call a modest flop. A shame.
    ...@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, you've got to be kidding me. Link?

I'm not doubting you, I just want to see the sad news myself.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    ...@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, you've got to be kidding me. Link?

I'm not doubting you, I just want to see the sad news myself.

Here's the link I read:
    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Time-Give-Up-11-Long-Anticipated-Movies-Never-Happening-30620.html?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_24128

But upon further digging there are many conflicting reports. Some, like the link above are dubious about it, thinking Sony won't invest the money when the first wasn't a hit at the BO, while others say that the back to back sequels will continue. Rooney said at the Oscars that filming would start in autumn, but there is still question marks over whether David will return to direct, as he apparently has an adaption of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea he wants to direct.
    I know David has been focused on that '20,000 Leagues Under the Sea' for quite some time, and the article is true: you can't do one without the other. But, I really hope they do end up doing the second and third. TGWTDT would look like a joke if they didn't get to continue it.
    edited July 2012 Posts: 4,459
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5dUjyTbaEoabGNwVhsOBsNcqahiyCz5eMZgdRUwquYPfH5tX8-A
    House of Sand and Fog (2003)

NL-GoneIn60Seconds1eEditie.jpg
    Gone in 60 Seconds (2000)
    51zep-9O3UL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    41Bj3REo50L.jpg
    51DOssL2ZIL.jpg
    517sh32vZmL.jpg

& Fulci's Don't Torture A Duckling. For obviouss reasons, I won't be posting a pic of the cover. ;)
    @MajorDSmythe, 'Who Saw Her Die?' sounds pretty interesting. I've been on this roll lately with murder mysteries and thriller mysteries, so I've been trying to check out the best I can find. Not sure if you've ever seen it, but the miniseries 'Harper's Island' was quite entertaining.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @MajorDSmythe, 'Who Saw Her Die?' sounds pretty interesting. I've been on this roll lately with murder mysteries and thriller mysteries, so I've been trying to check out the best I can find. Not sure if you've ever seen it, but the miniseries 'Harper's Island' was quite entertaining.

I've seen Harper's Island mentioned around the net, but I know nothing beyond the title.

@MajorDSmythe, in that case - knowing nothing - you should check it out. It's a thirteen-part miniseries based around a murder(s) mystery, and the less you know going into it, the better.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @MajorDSmythe, in that case - knowing nothing - you should check it out. It's a thirteen-part miniseries based around a murder(s) mystery, and the less you know going into it, the better.

In that case, thanks for the suggestion. I'll be sure to give it a try.
    You're quite welcome. If you make it through the entirety of it, do let me know your thoughts on it.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I watched Harper's Island when it aired in 2009 and enjoyed it. It's definitely worth watching for those who haven't seen it. You should be able to get through it in 3 or 4 days as well.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I watched Harper's Island when it aired in 2009 and enjoyed it. It's definitely worth watching for those who haven't seen it. You should be able to get through it in 3 or 4 days as well.

I had my girlfriend over this past weekend, and I'd say we watched it in a full day, it was so addictive. It was my second time watching, and it was interesting seeing her try to piece things together. Of course, she put everything together halfway through the show, somehow. Nice to see someone else who has watched it and enjoyed it, though.
    9 July

whole_cover.jpg
    Terminator 2 - 2 disc Ultimate Edition. Out of Print, what made this Limited edition.

Second time i buy the movie, earlier in 2010 i bought a 2 disc SE (Disc 2 and disc 3 from the in my eyes never released/limited avaible 3 disc SE) from Universal.

Couple of days back i made a new video with what i bought in May-July til 9 July

Yesterday:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJlJZwc7wxxk1aoyrdZUO44uqv3oeY-0wlgkJ2jUmI596Fonxz
    The Spy Who Came in from the Cold. (Dutch/France release and shared with Uk.) Black and White Spy movie from 1965 (the year of Thunderball), the screenplay writer of Goldfinger, Dop from TMWTGG and with Bernard Lee & Walter Gotell.