The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Dawn-Of-The-Mummy-(DVD)-(Wide-Screen).jpg
    51AVBgobc6L.jpg

@MajorDSmythe: are these any good? Recommended?

Let's not beat around the bush, neither are in the same league of say... The House Of The Devil. But otherwise, they're ok.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The House of the Devil...so, so, so good.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote:
    It could be. I picked it up off Amazon for a couple of dollars, and was sad to hear it was PG-13.

The tougher cut of the fourth Die Hard is only available on DVD, not Blu-ray - anywhere. It's a real shame and a rather silly decision by Fox. Maybe they'll release it sometime in the future.

As for wanting to by the whole set, I would advise anyone to wait until the sixth and final film has been made. It may be a few years away but in the long run I reckon, will be worth it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It's only a little cash here and there between the 6th Die Hard, if that occurs as Bruce wishes. Sad to hear about the exclusion of a Die Hard 4 Blu-ray copy. Shame.
    Yeah, it's really upsetting that I can't find it rated R on blu-ray, but I can on DVD. Doesn't make sense.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I'm just willing to wait, however long, if I know a final set is one day coming, the tight fisted git I am, ;)

Knowing my luck Willis will do a seventh!
    X-Men First Class. Great movie, a fine asset my collection.
    The Austin Powers trilogy and The Lord of the Rings extended trilogy, both on blu-ray! I got them half off on Black Friday.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUm-q9OCHyoh3op71__MlXfeuyrOq8MNgB_mcLXu3Z6PkV8fzjiA
    Trollhunter

1002004011879323.jpg
    Cat Run
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    51EzNOHEoOL.jpg
    475_box_348x490_r.jpg?1328128338
    -La-Petite-Lili.jpg
    UpTheChastityBelt-Cover.jpg
    edited June 2012 Posts: 4,456
    tn_4703_HULKS1_1269441312.jpgtn_4704_HulkS2_1269441545.jpg

tn_4705_HulkS3_1269441983.jpgincredible-hulk-seizoen-4-5-%28dvd%29.jpg
    All 5 seasons of The Incredible Hulk (1977/1978-1982)
    For anyone that has seen the film enough times, or even lately, is 'Alien' worth a purchase on blu-ray? I'm not speaking so much on the quality as I am the replayability of the film. I haven't seen the film in roughly five years, so I can piece together tiny parts of the movie, but that's about it. Does it have the tense feel and great effects that I find every time I watch the original 'The Thing'?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    For anyone that has seen the film enough times, or even lately, is 'Alien' worth a purchase on blu-ray? I'm not speaking so much on the quality as I am the replayability of the film. I haven't seen the film in roughly five years, so I can piece together tiny parts of the movie, but that's about it. Does it have the tense feel and great effects that I find every time I watch the original 'The Thing'?

Alien is definetly worth it.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    M_Balje wrote:
    tn_4703_HULKS1_1269441312.jpgtn_4704_HulkS2_1269441545.jpg

tn_4705_HulkS3_1269441983.jpgincredible-hulk-seizoen-4-5-%28dvd%29.jpg
    All 5 seasons of The Incredible Hulk (1977/1978-1982)

Awesome! Until I saw Avengers, I truly considered Bixby the best of all Banners. The Hulk make-up is what it is, of course. I prefer the CGI Hulk. But when it comes to Banner, the TV version is vastly superior over Bana or Norton. Avengers really took me by surprise though. Ruffalo is the first persion ever to replace Bixbie as the number 1 Banner in my ranking.

Excellent choice, there @M_Balje. Do these boxes include the official and syndicated TV movies?
    edited June 2012 Posts: 4,456
    Only all episodes from the 5 seasons include the 2 Pilot episodes (The Incredible Hulk/The Return Of The Incredible Hulk) who be at on disc 1 of season 1. Bride Of The Incredible Hulk is part of season 2.

With syndicated i think you mean 3 movies there make later, no those are not include. Universal isn´t the owner of those later movies..

The Incredible Hulk Returns - Bridge Entertainment
    The Incredible Hulk Meets Daredevil - Bridge Entertainment
    Death Of The Incredible Hulk - FOX

• Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Island of the Lost Souls - Masters of Cinema release. Excellent 1930s version of Wells' Island of Dr Moreau with Charles Laughton. Originally banned in England for 'being against nature'.
    edited June 2012 Posts: 40,516
    @thelivingroyale, thank you. It's a purchase that's been teasing me for a while, but I suppose I can't go wrong for only $10.

As for the last movie I purchased, I bought 'Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows' on blu-ray at Best Buy yesterday for $12.99. I wasn't as big a fan of the film as I was the first one, but it's most certainly worth such a great deal.
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,894
    Exposé
    Desert Heat (Van Damme)
    Tess Of The D'Urbavilles (Arterton)
    Atom Age Vampire
    FaceOffBR-1.png

John Woo's big Hollywood debut might not live up to some of his Hong Kong stuff but it's easily Cage's best film, and there's some great action.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @thelivingroyale, thank you. It's a purchase that's been teasing me for a while, but I suppose I can't go wrong for only $10.

As for the last movie I purchased, I bought 'Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows' on blu-ray at Best Buy yesterday for $12.99. I wasn't as big a fan of the film as I was the first one, but it's most certainly worth such a great deal.

*JEALOUS*
    edited June 2012 Posts: 40,516
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I may be wrong, but the deal does last until tomorrow! You can buy it online, and it comes with free shipping. Get to it, if you can!

The Best Buy site is wonky and isn't really telling me, so you may have to get it in store.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I may be wrong, but the deal does last until tomorrow! You can buy it online, and it comes with free shipping. Get to it, if you can!

I don't order anything online, and I am going to be with friends all night with a wedding tomorrow, so I'm stacked. Hopefully it ends better than OHMSS. ;)
    Yeah, I can't find anything for online ordering for it, anyway. The site's search engine sucks. Either way, give it a while, you'll be able to find it for just about as cheap as it was when I bought it, I'm sure.
    30266_front.jpg
    I have it in my PS3 right as we speak!!! :D
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, glad to see you managed to pick it up! :)
    I got hold today of a copy of Me Myself and Irene in a bargain bin, I've seen the movie about half a dozen times but first time I've actually had a copy to own
    Carrey (as a Rhode Island cop with a personality disorder) is much more amusing here than Dumb and Dumber and The Farrelly Brothers do their best work I believe. Carrey would soon be in a relationship with then co star Renee Zelweger if I remember, and the humor just never lets up, one of the best movies of 2000. Well worth a watch if you haven't seen it

Goodnight I-)
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 615
    JOHN CARTER (2012) on Blu-ray... Absolutely terrific sci-fi/fantasy film, U.S. box-office failure be damned. (I want a sequel!)
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,894
    30885899_500x500_1.jpg
    17833324_500x500_1.jpg
    41RJQEYP8TL._SS500_.jpg
    41NWBS04RGL.jpg
    @MajorDSmythe, glad to see you like Covert Affairs as well! Season 2 was brilliant, and 3 is coming!!!
    200px-Hard_Boiled_Poster1.jpg

And it's not a film, but I also picked up

Just-Cause-2.jpg