The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited August 2012 Posts: 12,459
    I've never seen the Bogie films. And even though Farewell My Lovely features Charlotte Rampling, it's The Big Sleep that I prefer of the two. My current Mitchum ranking looks like this...

1. The Big Sleep (1978)
    2. The Red Pony (1949)
    3. The Friends Of Eddie Coyle (1973)
    4. The Big Steal (1949)
    5. His Kind Of Woman (1951)
    6. The Yakuza (1974)
    7. Rampage (1963)
    8. Farewell My Lovely (1975)
    9. Two For The See Saw (1962)
    10. Ryan's Daughter (1970)
    11. Cape Fear (1962)
    12. The Amsterdam Kill (1977)
    13. The Enemy Below (1957)
    14. Nightkill (1980)
    15. El Dorado (1966)
    16. Fire Down Below (1957)
    17. Angel Face (1952)
    18. Thompson's Last Run (1986)
    19. Five Card Stud (1968)
    20. Track Of The Cat (1954)
    21. Anzio (1968)
    22. Promises To Keep (1985)
    23. Agency (1980)

And still so much more to see.

You have missed possibly his greatest movie, Night of the hunter :-)

Oh, Night of the Hunter - yes! But also for sure: The Sundowners!! (In Australia; do see it!)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited August 2012 Posts: 4,456
    Lady en De Vagebond / Lady And The Tramp 2 disc set (BD + DVD)

1002004011962162.jpg

Extra's are the same as 2 disc SE dvd from 2006 exeption the litle games + a litle bit more, the dvd is the new 1 disc dvd release from same year as this combopack. This time i mind less that the original English title not be credit. I grow up with the Dutch title, but i haven't mind if it whas credit both. Strange enough with another release on my wishlist (3 disc Compoback Of Pinokkio) there yusing the English title whyle i prefer the Dutch.
  • 107971_The_Expendables_Steelbook.png

Expendables: Extended Director's Cut (Limited Edition Steelbook).

Prefer it to the original: lot more character driven, more development. Also finally got to see the Inferno documentary (90 minutes) but that was a bit of a let-down actually.

Free Record Shop, a Dutch multimedia store, had accidently recieved several French BR's and Dvd's, so I got these together for 3,40 euro:

Sworfish Blu-Ray:

1243213175_1243777780.jpg

Pretty good movie, for that price I really couldn't pass it up!

That_70_s_show_Saison_6_COFFRET-13541202102009.jpg

Funny show! Recently picked up the first season and enjoyed it a lot. Also the perfect entertainment for a night with your buds.

^ I really like Swordfish and I think it is one of the most underrated movies.
  • dragonsky wrote:
    ^ I really like Swordfish and I think it is one of the most underrated movies.

Yeah, I think you're right. Nice film, pretty cool soundtrack by Paul Oakenfold, and I just remembered: I can now see Halle Berry's twins in HD :D

All jokes aside: it's a great movie, and I really need to see it again.
    edited August 2012 Posts: 4,456
    8810716463134.jpg&w=400&h=400
    Be Cool aka Get Shorty 2 - 2 disc SE

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBi0dOkc4aB3gKiQq_DDaK7zowt4skJCv93EbJqCiUhYh7oG7u
    After The Sunset Special Edition.

The movie is movie who released very short in the cinema's because the Dutch owner don't promote the movie enough (after 2-3 weeks the movie whas gone and the 2 difrent releases not make it easier.) and also not help that it be at the same time (october) the Brosnan in/not in Bond 21 playing. I saw the movie in 2007 on tv.

It take a whyle because i whant the DVD9 version who is Special Edtion with bonus material with English a subtitel option, but that's better then the DVD5 or BD who have no extra's. One of the extra's is a 70 minutes making of feature. The 3 Eastereggs are on it too.

After The Sunset is my 13th movie and 9th none Bond movie with Pierce Brosnan. Welcome to the Top 4 Mr Brosnan after Desmond LLewelyn (17x), Matt Damon (15x) and Lois Maxwell (14x), but before Bernard Lee (5th Place with 12 movies.).

After a short time (12 days) stay solo on the 4th place with 5 movies, Martin Campbell stay now with Brat Ratner on number 4.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I picked up 'Batman Begins' on blu-ray for $10 at Wal-Mart today. I really wanted it as a steel book edition, but after it went off sale, I couldn't help myself, and had to pick it up. I also purchased 'The Raid: Redemption' on blu-ray for $25 at Best Buy, and while I definitely paid too much for it, it was worth it; I loved the film, and have been searching for it in stores ever since its release.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I picked up 'Batman Begins' on blu-ray for $10 at Wal-Mart today. I really wanted it as a steel book edition, but after it went off sale, I couldn't help myself, and had to pick it up. I also purchased 'The Raid: Redemption' on blu-ray for $25 at Best Buy, and while I definitely paid too much for it, it was worth it; I loved the film, and have been searching for it in stores ever since its release.
    Why didn't you wait until the inevitable Nolan Batman trilogy gets released?
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, because I already own 'The Dark Knight' on blu-ray.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Anatomy of Murder (Criterion Blu ray)
    Hunger (Criterion Blu ray)
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 816
    A Library close to me was selling off some DVD's, so I picked a couple of them up:
    I haven't seen any of these films yet, but most of them i've been wanting to see for a long while!

The Boat That Rocked,

boat-that-rocked-(dvd).jpg

Fool's Gold,

fool-gold-(dvd).jpg

Kung Fu Panda,

234822_z_1.jpg

HellBoy 2: The Golden Army,

hellboy-2-the-golden-army-(dvd).jpg

State of Play,

state-of-play-(dvd).jpg

Shorts,

shorts-(dvd).jpg

North by Northwest,

north-by-northwest-(dvd).jpg

Scott Pilgrim vs The World

scott-pilgrim-versus-the-world-(dvd).jpg

I picked up 'Warrior' at a local rental store today on blu-ray for only $7. The cheapest I saw it anywhere else in town was the pawn shop for $10, so I hopped on such a deal and purchased it.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,894
    Corn (Jena Malone)
    Breakaway (Camilla Belle)
    A Dangerous Method (Keira Knightley)
    The Looking Glass War (Anthony Hopkins)
    Blessed (James Purefoy)

Misc purchase:
    Eureka: Series 3.0
    The Vanquisher (thai martial arts)
    Let me know what you think of 'A Dangerous Method,' @MajorDSmythe. I've wanted to see it for some time now.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited August 2012 Posts: 28,694
    THERE%27S%2BNO%2BBUSINESS%2BLIKE%2BSHOW%2BBUSINESS.jpg
    gentlemen-prefer-blondes-blu-ray-cover-48.jpg
    It's gonna be a great movie filled weekend! I am home from college (I live only 45 minutes from campus), and I plan on watching a ton of Marilyn, and probably Citizen Kane. I have a class that focuses on movie in film, and Citizen Kane is a big focus, so I might as well just dive in and watch it. I want to watch The Maltese Falcon too. After seeing The Treasure of The Sierra Madre on Blu-ray I have been itching all week for more Bogie. I should probably get some ointment for that actually...
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Bugsy Malone - one for the kids, as I am hoping that the local kids drama group that my son has been in for the last two years will attempt this at sometime, plus its a great family film.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 40,516
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, have you, or do you plan on purchasing 'The Seven Year Itch' on blu-ray? If so, I'm curious as to your thoughts on the quality. It's only $10 at Wal-Mart right now.

As for my recent purchases, I have too many to count. I bought 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang' on blu-ray the other night, along with 15 to 20 Jackie Chan films, including 'Rush Hour' and 'Rush Hour 3' on blu-ray, and the rest of the count going to older DVD's of him. I haven't actively purchased a DVD in years, but his films are so enjoyable, so they're worth the price. They will all be shipped to campus by next week, and I have two of them arriving tomorrow. It's going to be a great weekend.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, have you, or do you plan on purchasing 'The Seven Year Itch' on blu-ray? If so, I'm curious as to your thoughts on the quality. It's only $10 at Wal-Mart right now.

As for my recent purchases, I have too many to count. I bought 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang' on blu-ray the other night, along with 15 to 20 Jackie Chan films, including 'Rush Hour' and 'Rush Hour 3' on blu-ray, and the rest of the count going to older DVD's of him. I haven't actively purchased a DVD in years, but his films are so enjoyable, so they're worth the price. They will all be shipped to campus by next week, and I have two of them arriving tomorrow. It's going to be a great weekend.

I have it on DVD, maybe I will get it in Blu-ray in the future. I just watched Gentlemen Prefer Blondes in Blu-ray, and the quality on that was ok. Sometimes people in the distance would look pink faced, but other than that Marilyn lit up the screen as usual.
    I just pre-ordered 'Goldeneye' and 'Octopussy' on blu-ray from Wal-Mart. If you preorder them now, you get them for a whopping 50% off at only $9.96 a film. They also have 'Diamonds are Forever,' but I'm slightly short on money right now - I don't get paid again until the 15th of this month - so I'm going to settle on these two for the time being.
    [img][/img]muppetsanimal.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Buying all the muppet movies over the years for my niece for her birthday and christmas
    1zoyvpc.jpg
    Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol - 3 disc Limited Edition (2 disc BD + DVD)

Limited about it is that this release have second BD with more bonus material. Disc 1 and disc 3 are the same as disc 1 and 2 from the standard release ( 1 disc BD + DVD ) Extra's are the same as American 3 disc edition with the exeption that only all extra bonus material be on disc 2. The extra's from the standard release are stil on disc 1.

With the American release also those extras from the standard version moved to the second BD, possible to make it easier to get acces to all extra's. For this Dutch version there make the choose to at more subtitels. Stil we missing a sleeve with both releases, but this 3 disc is atleast better then the standard edition.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    166361-large.jpg
    ProductImage-4769713.jpgProductImage-7078854.jpg
    513SQQ39ZAL.jpg
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    My first bluray disc:

mad_blu.jpg
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Barbarella on blu-ray. Bizarro 1968 sex-fi directed by Roger Vadim and starring a very sexy young Jane Fonda. I don't know if it's so bad it's good but it's no classic piece of cinema! (British pop combo Durran Durran lifted the name of one of the antagonists)
    Jane does a 'zero-gravity' strip at the beginning (actually gyrating on a suspended pane of glass - look for the refections, if you can take your eyes off Miss Fonda), meets an angel and assorted 60s eye candy, and wears an assortment of sexy space suits.
    Can't really recommend it but if you're in the mood for a strange slice of Franco-Italian sic-fi give it a whirl.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 12,837
    813l9937ORL__AA1500_.jpg
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    813l9937ORL__AA1500_.jpg

Oh I Effing love this movie! It bring the best medicine. Laughter. Stallone is so funny when he's OTT Angry. =))

edited September 2012 Posts: 4,456
    17 September 2012:

SmartPeople_inlay_HR-20102161320.jpg
    Smart People (2008)

2 new video's with inside look of those buyings:

More July and my frst 2BD's.
    August/September

And for people who are intrest in the unboxing The Incredible Hulk tv series

10607371-1337774938-916541.jpg
    6bullets.jpg
    10528212-1315845088-874384.jpg
    146663-large.jpg
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 300
    phantom-dvd.jpg

I'm also on the lookout for this one. I watched it on youtube and I MUST own it.

61Ke2w4k1SL.jpg
  • Psycho, Unforgiven and Blade Runner DVDs plus From Russia With Love from the UE boxset (slim case w/ booklet)