The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• @Murdock What did you think of the Statham remake?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    51EP85JT9VL.jpg
    12100201575215_l.jpg
    51VwcO9UV2L._SL500_.jpg
    41hPfhthQvL._SL500_.jpg
    51V0PSQB7TL._SL500_.jpg
    49868-large.jpg
    dw_death_to_the_daleks_300.jpg
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2012 Posts: 4,447
    October

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQEaEmweGZVFaSlbFtSz4RcUyqh3mGNaM53ODAPTKh7dNNkcLPzA1002004008266357.jpg
    Body Of Lies / Where The Wild Things Are*

* Dutch title: Max en de Maximonsters

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfNTGDlw0D3Uq1zoFW_43N15xr3hxok3FJGbDcbxIlsGAaCg8rimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzqkzgj4N5Q1EO35WdrK5DTU2S9W-xiOKWGAyPvjvlNgiTzetNRA
    Artificial Intelligence / Mystic River
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    just bought the James Bond 50th Anniversary Blu Ray Collection on Amazon.com for $129.99.....get over there to buy yours now. I have no idea how long that deal will last!!!!!!!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @Murdock What did you think of the Statham remake?

I never saw it. Didn't look interesting.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Wow, I haven't posted in this in a while. Let's just say I have bought twenty or thirty movies since I last posted, I believe. Finally finished my Bond blu-ray collection after picking up the Best Buy exclusives, alongside 'We Own The Night' for $5 on blu-ray after a promotion.

Black Friday is also upon us, and I would suggest those of you that enjoy these types of deals to check out Best Buy when you can. They have some incredible deals going on, starting on Black Friday and lasting until Sunday.
  • The hangover- still not got round the watching this film.

The complete Black books- Think its one of the better British comedy over the last ten years or so.
    edited November 2012 Posts: 40,490
    After being depressed that Best Buy's Black Friday deals started (and sold out) while I was out for the evening, I found out Amazon was price matching, so I picked up 'The Cabin in the Woods' for only $8. Rather disappointing Black Friday deals I've seen. I suppose it's because I'm not crazy interested in a lot of films and games out now, or I own them already.
    I picked up 'Safe' and 'The Cabin in the Woods' today at a local movie rental store for $6.99 a piece, and just bought 'I Saw The Devil' on Amazon for only $10. Such a steal for an excellent film.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited December 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I picked up 'Safe' and 'The Cabin in the Woods' today at a local movie rental store for $6.99 a piece, and just bought 'I Saw The Devil' on Amazon for only $10. Such a steal for an excellent film.
    I just searched that on IMDb, and it looks intriguing...
    :-?

*Added to watchlist*
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Got the "Honey, I Shrunk The Kids" Trilogy at Wal-Mart the other day. I'm now happily reliving my early childhood years. :)
    edited December 2012 Posts: 40,490
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I'm a huge fan of Korean films lately. That one was excellent, as well as 'The Raid: Redemption' and 'The Chaser.' The latter film is a lot like 'I Saw The Devil,' but the former is much better.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I'm a huge fan of Korean films lately. That one was excellent, as well as 'The Raid: Redemption' and 'The Chaser.' The latter film is a lot like 'I Saw The Devil,' but the former is much better.

So there are subtitles for I Saw The Devil?
    edited December 2012 Posts: 40,490
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, yes, there are. It's actually on Netflix Instant, which is where I saw it for the first time. Loved it, and rewatched it with a friend over the summer. $10 is a steal for this. Such a unique formula to the film. It's one of those revenge movies (not unique, but how it's performed is brilliant) that keeps you happy and guessing throughout the entirety of it.
  • ''Godzilla vs. Biollante''. I ordered it off of Amazon, and it's set to come December 4th. But guess what? Some stores already have it! :-w
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Creasy47 wrote:
    'The Raid: Redemption'

That one was Indonesian.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    'The Raid: Redemption'

That one was Indonesian.

I didn't even mean to throw that one in there. My girlfriend asked me about 'I Saw The Devil,' and then brought up 'The Raid' afterwards, and it stuck in my head. Apologies.
  • Batman dark knight returns part 1 on bluray. One of the best animated movies i have seen, this film is simply awesome.

Chinatown on bluray. One of my favourite movies of all time, on bluray this film is stunning, a visual masterpiece.
    Batman dark knight returns part 1 on bluray. One of the best animated movies i have seen, this film is simply awesome.

Is it close/respectful to the graphic novel?
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 6,432
    Batman dark knight returns part 1 on bluray. One of the best animated movies i have seen, this film is simply awesome.

Not read the graphic novel since the 90s text my brother earlier to ask to borrow his copy, though what i recall its not much different. Quite a heavy movie in parts, found it emotionally engaging. My eyes almost welled up during a certain scene, DC and Bruce Timm are continuing there good form after the excellent Year One and Under the red Hood. May have to wait a few months for part 2 in England.

Not read the graphic novel since the 90s text my brother earlier to ask to borrow his copy, though what i recall its not much different. Quite a heavy movie in parts, found it emotionally engaging. My eyes almost welled up during a certain scene, DC and Bruce Timm are continuing there good form after the excellent Year One and Under the red Hood. May have to wait a few months for part 2 England.
    What was the scene? You can spoiler tag it for all those that haven't read The Dark Knight Returns and therefore have managed to survive on Mars.
    When batman goes up against the head of the mutants for the first time. When he says to Alfred 'i need to know' despite Alfreds warning that he could be killed. Works extremely well, and resonated on a personal level with myself. Can't recall how close to the graphic novel that sequence is.

Its a must watch for any Batman fan, Mask of the phantasm for me is the best animated movie, In time DKR Part 1 may surpass it.

Batman (2dvd set)
    Batman Returns (2dvd set)
    Batman & Robin (2dvd set)
    Transformers, dark side of the moon
    Poltergeist the Legacy (series)
    Jake & the Fatman season 1 & 2
    Doctor who - the Tomb of the Cybermen
    Doctor Who - the three Doctors

All these for less than €30,00 ;)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    SaintMark wrote:

I thought I was the only one in the world that enjoyed that movie on any level... :O
  • chrisisall wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

I thought I was the only one in the world that enjoyed that movie on any level... :O

I have that 2dvd set also, the documentarys are good. Respect for candid honesty from Schumacher with regards to the movies failings. :-)
    When batman goes up against the head of the mutants for the first time. When he says to Alfred 'i need to know' despite Alfreds warning that he could be killed. Works extremely well, and resonated on a personal level with myself. Can't recall how close to the graphic novel that sequence is.

Its a must watch for any Batman fan, Mask of the phantasm for me is the best animated movie, In time DKR Part 1 may surpass it.

Or Part 2, when it comes. I will have to see it. I am batty for Batman.
  • When batman goes up against the head of the mutants for the first time. When he says to Alfred 'i need to know' despite Alfreds warning that he could be killed. Works extremely well, and resonated on a personal level with myself. Can't recall how close to the graphic novel that sequence is.

Me too mate paid for Dark knight trilogy box set yesterday on bluray, picking it up Monday. Monday night will be batman night lol

Me too mate paid for Dark knight trilogy box set yesterday on bluray, picking it up Monday. Monday night will be batman night lol

When is the trilogy box set out? It can't be out already??
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 out on Monday mate, pre ordered it got some money knocked off. Got the plastic box set with the bat sign on the front. get a glossy booklet with it also. apparently an ultimate edition is coming out some time next year though i am not patient enough.

Was hoping there would be a extended edition to DKR, editing seemed off during the last part of the movie leading up to the finale.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 out on Monday mate, pre ordered it got some money knocked off. Got the plastic box set with the bat sign on the front. get a glossy booklet with it also. apparently an ultimate edition is coming out some time next year though i am not patient enough.

Damn Nolan, making me buy twice. But I think his amazing films are worth it. ;)